Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Moving

Old 08-13-2013, 01:37 AM   #21
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Damn brother.. you coming out here looking for a job??? What is your GF gonna be doing? What is your degree in??? The only thing (good or bad) about hawaii is the networking.. somebody always knows somebody.....who probably knows somebody... not always it will land you an awesome 100k (matson/Stevedore) kind of job, but it may get you a meeting with the right person if you're not a dick.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #22
808DAKINE is on a distinguished road

Name: Kai
808DAKINE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
you could probably bring the other vehicle for 1000-1500?

I used a company called http://www.pashahawaii.com/.

Had my tacoma shipped from San Diego to Kahului for $1100
Old 08-13-2013, 04:34 AM   #23
Ste is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Ste's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Damn brother.. you coming out here looking for a job??? What is your GF gonna be doing? What is your degree in??? The only thing (good or bad) about hawaii is the networking.. somebody always knows somebody.....who probably knows somebody... not always it will land you an awesome 100k (matson/Stevedore) kind of job, but it may get you a meeting with the right person if you're not a dick.
yeah, probably be a paralegal since my degree is in criminal justice ill also apply for the local PD, clean record... but CA is either on a freeze or taking forever to process
Old 08-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #24
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
If your gonna look at HPD, your probably gonna have to do the academy. Not sure when they start their "year".
I have no idea/connections in the law arena.

Get ready to possibly work at home depot or some "store" type job until you can get going..

Like someone already mentioned, if your GF works in town and has the typical 9-5, she will be dealing with some traffic, but Pearl City is fairly centrally located for the most part.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #25

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
its official, ill see you guys in 3 weeks.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:42 AM   #26
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DAKINE View Post
I used a company called http://www.pashahawaii.com/.

Had my tacoma shipped from San Diego to Kahului for $1100
I was in lahaina last month
Old 09-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #27

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
whats the current gas price in Oahu?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #29

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
whats the current gas price in Oahu?
Get a Costco or SamsClub membership ASAP..

If you gonna be in Pearl City, Sams Club may be closer..
Old 09-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #30
808DAKINE is on a distinguished road

Name: Kai
808DAKINE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I was in Lahaina last month
Are you amazed at the dense population of Tacomas?

Quote:
Get a Costco or SamsClub membership ASAP..

If you gonna be in Pearl City, Sams Club may be closer..
I got app called Gas Buddy for Iphone. It provides a list of gas stations that offer 87, 89 and 91 as well as diesel .. where they stay and how

much. You can also click on it to get driving directions to that station.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #31

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DAKINE View Post

I got app called Gas Buddy for Iphone. It provides a list of gas stations that offer 87, 89 and 91 as well as diesel .. where they stay and how

much. You can also click on it to get driving directions to that station.
That works.. but I have almost never seen a side-of-the-highway station lower than Costco (at least on Oahu)..
Old 09-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #32
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i read a few things about the gun laws, from my understanding they are about the same as CA and i must register them with the local PD. Is there any restrictions on compound bows?
if I were you I would just get rid of my guns and not bother taking them! I personally love Oregon because the gun laws here are pretty lax! But then again I have access to 88 acres to shoot my guns on
Old 09-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #33
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That works.. but I have almost never seen a side-of-the-highway station lower than Costco (at least on Oahu)..
the only downside to that is it's always packed with people freaking out about saving $2-3 on the fill up.

Yes the savings do add up over the year, but for me, I don't have time for that
Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #34

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
if I were you I would just get rid of my guns and not bother taking them! I personally love Oregon because the gun laws here are pretty lax! But then again I have access to 88 acres to shoot my guns on

i think i plan to take my home def pistol and leave my good stuff at home and mail my upper and just purchase a lower there.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:21 AM   #35

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
where do you guys recommend living? a friendly area? Assuming 1,200 price range for a 1 bdrm apt would be average?
Old 09-04-2013, 01:23 AM   #36
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i think i plan to take my home def pistol and leave my good stuff at home and mail my upper and just purchase a lower there.
Meh just don't bother telling them about a certain gun ya know
Old 09-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #37

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the only downside to that is it's always packed with people freaking out about saving $2-3 on the fill up.

Kapolei Costco at 7 in the morning or 7 at night is almost always only a couple minute wait.. Now town on the other hand.. (no comment)

Quote:
Ammo cost an arm and a leg here. Would be safe just to bring your home defense as you would want your other stuff locked away in a safe (in case of break-in). I have a couple in the safe and a .40 in the bedroom... Funny.. we live in a pretty safe neighborhood, but before kids, both my and my wife had one in each nightstand, and a 12-gauge next to my bed.. (for good measure)..lol..

Quote:
where do you guys recommend living? a friendly area? Assuming 1,200 price range for a 1 bdrm apt would be average?
I thought you were already set on Pearl City?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #39
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
I also agree on not being able to find ammo. I mostly go reloads but for 22lr i'll just buy. I was checking j hara the past 3 months and finally got some today. Every time I go, the shelves are nearly wiped out. here's something that the thriftyness tells me to just wipe out the shelf.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #40
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Naw, more than $2-3 savings for a fill up. Gas at costco is 4.17, the gas station right down the road is 4.59. On almost all my vehicles, I put 10gallons, sometimes 15, sometimes 20 when I have a gas container.

But yeah, iwilei costco was always nuts when I went there. lines go out to the damn road. they need to go ahead and expand that one.