1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pulled Over for Tinted Tail/Head Lights!

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by HiFinest Shiggz, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Aug 13, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    HiFinest Shiggz

HiFinest Shiggz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ikaika
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2013 Metallic Grey AC Tacoma
    Just wondering if cops bother you guys that have tinted head lights, tail lights and third brake lights? Also any of you guys have trouble getting safety checks with the tint?

2. Aug 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Are you asking just in Hawaii or anywhere else? I have tinted tails but they arent blacked out like some people and cops have never messed with me. But then again I know all the cops haha.

3. Aug 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    I would say it's not so much law enforcement, but rather that you will be at fault if you are ever rear-ended. (in the case of tinted taillights) As far as tinted headlights, you're just an idiot if you're are trying to limit your light output.

Matt

4. Aug 13, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    HiFinest Shiggz

HiFinest Shiggz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ikaika
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2013 Metallic Grey AC Tacoma
    Was just pertaining it to Hawaii. Wanted to tint my tails, and third brake light, and possibly my side mirror blinkers, but not trying to rack up tickets either. You have problems getting a safety or you "know somebody"? lol

5. Aug 13, 2013 at 3:26 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    Fwiw I did in my Mustang. They were about 4 shades of vht on them. Cop said if it was night time he wouldn't care. But day time you can't see them as well. No ticket just a warning and was told to either lighten them or get rid of it.

6. Aug 13, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I mean, if you're smart, you can tint in shades, so everything in front of your reverse/blinkers/brake light I would do just a shade or two, everything else you can black out lol. Third brake light, I would be iffy about...but honestly I think you could get away with tinting the crap out of that, as its more of an auxiliary braking light, not a main one. Turn signals are meh. And remember, Its all up to the discretion of the officer. "*smash with flashlight* you're tail-light is broken, that's a ticket".

7. Aug 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM
    Kala

Kala Well-Known Member

Member:
    BigIsland
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Porkys the movie?

pmvi not supposed to pass, cops can give you a ticket for unsafe vehicle. When I had, I didnt get bothered, but that was a full size american truck. you may be profilied differently on how you look and what you drive, so up to the officer. Since youre on Oahu, id say dont do it, but if you do get another set of stock tails to have as back up.

8. Aug 16, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I heard about a guy that got some tinted covers that Velcro'd all around...looked super legit, couldn't even tell he had covers. He got pulled over for tinted tails, cop starts writing, he asks permission to exit the vehicle, cop says OK, he walks back, 'KKKSSSSHHHH' there you go officer, fixed :). Officer just laughs and rips up the ticket.

Products Discussed in

To Top