Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Pulled Over for Tinted Tail/Head Lights!

Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
HiFinest Shiggz is on a distinguished road
Name: Ikaika
HiFinest Shiggz's Tacoma Gallery
Pulled Over for Tinted Tail/Head Lights!

Just wondering if cops bother you guys that have tinted head lights, tail lights and third brake lights? Also any of you guys have trouble getting safety checks with the tint?
Old 08-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Are you asking just in Hawaii or anywhere else? I have tinted tails but they arent blacked out like some people and cops have never messed with me. But then again I know all the cops haha.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
I would say it's not so much law enforcement, but rather that you will be at fault if you are ever rear-ended. (in the case of tinted taillights) As far as tinted headlights, you're just an idiot if you're are trying to limit your light output.

Matt
Old 08-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
HiFinest Shiggz is on a distinguished road
Name: Ikaika
HiFinest Shiggz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
Are you asking just in Hawaii or anywhere else? I have tinted tails but they arent blacked out like some people and cops have never messed with me. But then again I know all the cops haha.
Was just pertaining it to Hawaii. Wanted to tint my tails, and third brake light, and possibly my side mirror blinkers, but not trying to rack up tickets either. You have problems getting a safety or you "know somebody"? lol
Old 08-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
Newlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Newlife's Tacoma Gallery
Fwiw I did in my Mustang. They were about 4 shades of vht on them. Cop said if it was night time he wouldn't care. But day time you can't see them as well. No ticket just a warning and was told to either lighten them or get rid of it.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I mean, if you're smart, you can tint in shades, so everything in front of your reverse/blinkers/brake light I would do just a shade or two, everything else you can black out lol. Third brake light, I would be iffy about...but honestly I think you could get away with tinting the crap out of that, as its more of an auxiliary braking light, not a main one. Turn signals are meh. And remember, Its all up to the discretion of the officer. "*smash with flashlight* you're tail-light is broken, that's a ticket".
Old 08-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #7
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
And remember, Its all up to the discretion of the officer. "*smash with flashlight* you're tail-light is broken, that's a ticket".
Porkys the movie?

pmvi not supposed to pass, cops can give you a ticket for unsafe vehicle. When I had, I didnt get bothered, but that was a full size american truck. you may be profilied differently on how you look and what you drive, so up to the officer. Since youre on Oahu, id say dont do it, but if you do get another set of stock tails to have as back up.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #8
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I heard about a guy that got some tinted covers that Velcro'd all around...looked super legit, couldn't even tell he had covers. He got pulled over for tinted tails, cop starts writing, he asks permission to exit the vehicle, cop says OK, he walks back, 'KKKSSSSHHHH' there you go officer, fixed . Officer just laughs and rips up the ticket.