Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Where to get tires and then get them mounted?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: C
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Where to get tires and then get them mounted?

I've got a set of wheels on order.

Still looking at either Duratracs or BFG ATs both in 275/65/18 cause I can get them both on island without shipping. Problem is both are E? Load range so worried a little about the harsh ride...

I wanted General Grabbers cause they are avail in a C Load Range but shipping was killing the deal....

I want to go to a shop that wont possibly scratch my new wheels. Its one thing to get rock chips and what not drivin but I'd like to enjoy the wheels for bit lol

looking for suggestions on where to take my wheels and tires(when i find them) to... or a good shop that can give me a good price on either of these...

costco has the BFG's for 230 each but unsure if they will mount other than OEM sized tires for me.

goodyear has the duratracs for 264.00 each but not sure if I trust them to mount them?

I've never really worried about this before but on my last car BMW scratched my wheel when the car was only 2 weeks old,(replacing a runflat) then refused to replace it.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Costco has Bridgestone and BFG.. Sams supposedly has or can order the Duratracs.

1. Costco (at least in my experience) will mount a tire that is within the specs of the OEM. They may need to "test fit" first, but other than that, good to go. I went from 265/65/17 to 265/70/17.
2. I don't see an issue with you going up to ___/65/18. I would suggest however that you pull your front flaps. Not sure if the 275s will rub on the front flaps. If it does (when they "test fit" it), they will not install. (I was lucky that Costco let me pull my front flaps off in the parking lot when I went to a 9" rim as at 7.5 it didn't rub, but same tire on 9" rubbed. They had to pull the truck out into the parking lot cause they couldn't allow me to pull them off in the bay).
3. I personally like Costco and Sams (if the same) for the lifetime balance/rotate and prices. I also requested the stick-on weights with Costco on my new rims.
4. Make sure you look at the specs for the tires you are considering for the size you are considering. I know for sure in 265/70/17, Bridgestone can go 9" rim, but Duratracs can only go 8.5". I like the duratracs, but I just got my rims a couple months back so can't justify spending another 6-8 bills so I can buy 1 grand tires..

You win big in Vegas?? going 3" or 4"?????
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Neil,

thanks for the input. Good call on taking off the mud flaps on front.

I didnt win THAT big in vegas, cant do both lift and wheels/tires yet. lol

I saw that 275's should fit with minimal rubbing at stock height so maybe costco isnt a good idea after all. I'm willing to trim some if I need to.

I still havent decided on what lift I want to go with....I'm debating on ordering the 5100s to start and maybe some eibach springs too for the front and just a 1.5" AAL in the rear I think. This prob wont happen till next month or so.

After researching the spindles i've decided against it cause it pushes the front wheels out past the fenders and I want to stay legal/get recon without flares.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
K so I ordered 275/65/18 General Grabber AT2s from Amazon. FREE SHIPPING! Gotta love it.

$216 each

Still waiting for my rims to ship.