Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Rim recommendation?

Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Rim recommendation?

so i'm planning on moving up to the big-boy tires and figured getting rims would finally be worth it.

I like the 16x8 but 17s might have a larger selection.

Anyone have to places I should look at?

Not interested in chrome or any of the other brands that have a lot of "jazz" going on.

Nice and simple, 6-spoke symmetrical pattern is enough for me.

I'm kind of on the fence for TRD rims, I can get some for a good price, but they're still pretty pricey.

I'm a n00b with any reference to offset and backspace...I have an idea of what that means, but that's about it.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010pyrite is one of the sharper tools in the shed
2010pyrite's Tacoma Gallery
method racing wheels
theyre offsets are perfect for larger tires, no more than 5" back spacing
Old 08-22-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
allenwoo1 is on a distinguished road

allenwoo1's Tacoma Gallery
check out stealthcustomseries.com they have some nice looking rims and they aren't too overly priced about $175 per rim
Old 08-22-2013, 02:30 AM   #6
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
what is your price range and what size is the min/max youre willing to go?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:08 AM   #8
Live For The Moment
Bsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant futureBsnaylor has a brilliant future

Bsnaylor's Tacoma Gallery
After all my researching on TW and looking at pictures of all different types, I've decided to go with the Stealth 6 Matte Blacks. From what I've read above, they are exactly when you're looking for. Right now they are on a 60 day back order, but I'm set on them and will wait as long as it takes. I can't wait to get them!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:34 AM   #9
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
i completely agree with what krob said. i bought my truck in december and decided to go the "safe" route after reading various posts on tacomaworld. ive been through three completely different lifts and four different sets of wheels and tires before i settled what i originally wanted. i did a lot of backtracking and regret not going with what i wanted from the get go. in the end i did go with my original plan (full icon suspension, 10" of total lift, welds t56 20x14 w/295/55/20 trail graps), but could have saved a bunch of money in the process lol. moral of the story: dont skimp on what you want, cause youre either gonna regret it later or youre gonna waste money and buy it later on anyways LOL.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the info everybody.

I tried looking around last night and the TRD forged rims posted above seem to be off the catalog now.

The stealth-6's look great, and very reasonably priced. I'm planning on a 255/80/17 but originally wanted 255/85/16. It should be big enough to handle the places here and still fit into most places.

I'd love a set of those FJ Anthracite, too bad they cut production