1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Krex Services

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by adio, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Sep 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM
    adio

adio [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
    Anyone who gets their vehicle service through Servco knows they get this Krex protection service automatically for a limited time. Roadside Assistance, Rental Car Coverage, Road Hazard Tire Protection, and the Limited Lubrication Warranty blah blah blah....

Found a damn screw lodge into one of my tires. Called Servco to tell them I want to come in so I could get it repaired, but no they said I have to make an appointment to get it repaired. What the f***, and I know Servco is backed up for days when it comes to services. So they expect me to drive around with a damn screw on the tires until the appointment date. Fuckin aye, defeats he whole purpose of offering such services. Only reason why I want Servco to repair it, instead of say Goodyear is that Krex cover the repair of the tire which is good cause there's nothing coming out of my pocket. But damn it..

Fuckin aye...rant over

Anyone else use the service before?

2. Sep 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    CBoy808

CBoy808 The Original Sticker Dude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Mall Crawler
    lame. Just go buy a plug kit from walmart and diy. get the T handle version not the screwdriver version. should cost no more than 10.00 for a kit with like 5-6 strips and glue.

thats prob what they are going to do anyway.

3. Sep 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    tell em to come and tow your truck to the dealership, tell em its unsafe to drive.

4. Sep 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM
    CBoy808

CBoy808 The Original Sticker Dude

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Mall Crawler
    haha this is a good one. I wonder if you have to book roadside assistance in advance too :rolleyes: the more i hear about servco the more i'm not looking forward to taking my truck in for any kind of warranty work.

5. Sep 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    the KREX package should cover the tow too.

6. Sep 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    kh7nm

kh7nm Stay Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Miles
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DC 4x4 TX PRO Off Road
    What have you done to your truck lately
    KREX, had to wait 2 hours for them to send out a tow truck. Do too Servco only hand tight the lug nuts and the rim riding the brake drum down red hill. lol

7. Sep 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM
    adio

adio [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 INFERNO TRD PRO
    ^^ damn, I would've been piss if that happened to me.

Servco lady calls me back and tells me nothing's available till next week Friday. Ummm, fu** that I ain't waiting that long. I'll just take it to Goodyear.

8. Sep 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    I took my truck in for the 5k mile service, and that was the last time I took it in for 'paid' work.

Every other time i've gone there, its almost like the service managers are just running around putting out small fires. I had to wait almost 45min just to speak to one for a few minutes and didn't really understand my questions.

I have a feeling there is just a lot of communication break-downs and just trying to turn jobs.

I'd reccomend having a secondary car if you have any warranty work done, I got a loner once and it was a POS Suzuki.

9. Dec 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM
    HiFinest Shiggz

HiFinest Shiggz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ikaika
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2013 Metallic Grey AC Tacoma
    Having my Taco serviced tomorrow for the first time. I was very reluctant to taking it in being that it hit the 6mo mark but im only at 1900 miles. I feel like I could wait till the 1 year mark for them to really do anything. Wish me luck. lol

Products Discussed in

To Top