Notices

New Hawaii Safety Check Law

Old 09-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Ste is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Ste's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
Mines expires in January but I'm getting it renewed in October too.....Yup deal with it next October!

i guess ill register mine in Wednesday then. lol goodbye CA drivers license and license plate... ALOHA Hawaii DL and LP!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #22
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
I think the whole tryna update is cool but I think it's lost it's whole purpose of the key word SAFETY it seems like its just aimed to make every modified vehicle pay extra to slap a recon sticker on then pay to slap another sticker on IMO

I've seen some POS cars with taped up light blinkers that don't work falling off bumpers spitting smoke and shit everywhere with safety check but as soon as they see a badass done right lifted or lowered truck BAM denied

When I got my recon he did a bounce test looked and my lights make sure they weren't HiDs check my tint and good to go

I understand the need to make sure mods are safe and all but in all honesty does the recon inspector know much more than a safety inspector who actually has to test everything even thought I got recon I think it isn't needed for my case they call it illegal to notch the frame when you lower it but in some cases if I remember correct about our fabtech lift you gotta cut the crossmember and those lifts pass its still cutting the frame they told me you can't have cut bumpstops but you can have low pro ones??? Wth is the difference
Like I said I think the whole SAFETY part of the safety check has gone out the window and it's just to stop modified vehicles and make the owners pay for another stick to say its safe to pass safety check

Stupid if you ask me
Old 09-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #23
808DAKINE is on a distinguished road

Name: Kai
808DAKINE's Tacoma Gallery
Wait so HiD is illegal? I just did a retrofit on my 01. Does that mean i need to revert them to get my safety done?.. and does Maui have recon? Why is there so little information on this.. or can I just not find it.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #24
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DAKINE View Post
Wait so HiD is illegal? I just did a retrofit on my 01. Does that mean i need to revert them to get my safety done?.. and does Maui have recon? Why is there so little information on this.. or can I just not find it.
Maui doesn't have recon yet but the safety check is gonna get a little more tight to get pass with mods they will be taking pics and a lot of people backing out of doing safety's cause of this new program and this program is going to fail and then they will say there is still too many "unsafe" vehicles on the road so WELCOME recon to Maui!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:53 AM   #25

Yea i get what you say. I seen some sky high, like one toddler can run under easy. Put my spare back on and my bumper stay 29 inch lol. oh well, according to what I have found, my truck passes recon no problem except the lights. I dont know why they wouldn't though... bmws and caddys all have hid projector bi-xenon lights..
Old 09-30-2013, 04:24 AM   #26
jboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to behold
jboy671's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless of state, HID bulbs are illegal in reflector bowl headlights.

HID bulbs are legal in projectors because the projectors are able to concentrate the high output of HID bulbs correctly.

Projectors that are oem are legal. Projectors that are retrofitted are not legal.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #27
pringles808 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
pringles808's Tacoma Gallery
just a update on the safety check issue. Starting October 1st is when the new safety check system will be implemented. It will be a one peice sticker design and so far, only 5 locations on oahu will be doing them starting tmrw

kahala shell
lex brodie queen street
toyota veh. proc. center
bradley serv. center
dollar rent a car
Old 10-03-2013, 03:16 AM   #28

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pringles808 View Post
just a update on the safety check issue. Starting October 1st is when the new safety check system will be implemented. It will be a one peice sticker design and so far, only 5 locations on oahu will be doing them starting tmrw

kahala shell
lex brodie queen street
toyota veh. proc. center
bradley serv. center
dollar rent a car

do i need a safety check before i register my vehicle to HI from CA or it doesnt matter?
Old 10-03-2013, 04:12 AM   #29
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
do i need a safety check before i register my vehicle to HI from CA or it doesnt matter?
Stock truck...go to safety check station, get blue copy, go to dmv, getplates, go to safety check station and get finalized.
Now if you need recon, make an appointment, try get a temp safety, but get the recon and have the blue copy of safety and go dmv, then go back to safety check station.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #30

Any news about Maui?
Old 10-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #32

What they look for? Last time I took my truck to get safety checked, it was stock lol
Old 10-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #33
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DAKINE View Post
What they look for? Last time I took my truck to get safety checked, it was stock lol
Tints tires stick out any lights out crack windshields pretty much anything that could make your car/truck unsafe I heard stories where they didn't pass cause the steering wheel is crooked and seat belt didn't retract all the way
Old 10-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #34

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
Can anyone recommend a place in Waikiki for recon and alignments check?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #35
jboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to behold
jboy671's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I got my alignment at island brake and alignment but they are in aiea and appointment is recommended because they have little to no parking spaces.

Recon is also by appointment and is located under an overpass. It sounds weird but when I went there it was actually a cool location. Just a bit tricky to find the entrance at first.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #36
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: TASM-G
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I recommend Scotty's in Aiea, they are fast and if you get there early (730, they open at 8) they usually take you in and your out by 8. awesome staff (of 2 haha) but yeah, top notch work, they also give a alignment print out if you need to take it to recon.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #37
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Just a question on safety checks, anyone know if its legal to have your exhaust pipe dump right after the rear axel? I sawed off my muffler tip but the pipe is still pointing down and away from the cab, you just can't see it unless you look under. thanks for any info.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #38
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticTaco View Post
Just a question on safety checks, anyone know if its legal to have your exhaust pipe dump right after the rear axel? I sawed off my muffler tip but the pipe is still pointing down and away from the cab, you just can't see it unless you look under. thanks for any info.
If its not loud, I don't think anyone will care
Old 10-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #39
2 is 1, 1 is none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
If its not loud, I don't think anyone will care
ok cool, thanks, its not loud at all, I think it's a flowmaster 50 delta flow, I can't remember. but it really only gets loud at the higher rpms.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #40

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticTaco View Post
I recommend Scotty's in Aiea, they are fast and if you get there early (730, they open at 8) they usually take you in and your out by 8. awesome staff (of 2 haha) but yeah, top notch work, they also give a alignment print out if you need to take it to recon.
cool thanks, how much do they charge and recommend a good recon station? need to get mine done asap before the 30 days after transporting