Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

New Hawaii Safety Check Law

Old 10-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #41
2 is 1, 1 is none.
StaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to beholdStaticTaco is a splendid one to behold

Army: HIARNG
Name: Mitch
StaticTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste View Post
cool thanks, how much do they charge and recommend a good recon station? need to get mine done asap before the 30 days after transporting
last time I went for alignment it was around 65 to 70 bucks, this was for a stock alignment. don't know if that's a good price, but yea, they do good work.

as for recon station, jboy671 got it right, there's only one station and its by appointment only. it's in Kaimuki under the overpass.

here's intel about it,
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/haw...-q-thread.html
Old 10-09-2013, 02:04 AM   #42
Ste is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Ste's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticTaco View Post
last time I went for alignment it was around 65 to 70 bucks, this was for a stock alignment. don't know if that's a good price, but yea, they do good work.

as for recon station, jboy671 got it right, there's only one station and its by appointment only. it's in Kaimuki under the overpass.

here's intel about it,
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/haw...-q-thread.html

oh gotcha, was hoping for more... my appointment is booked about 3 weeks from now... >.< might have to pay a late fee.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #43
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboy671 View Post
I got my alignment at island brake and alignment but they are in aiea and appointment is recommended because they have little to no parking spaces.

Recon is also by appointment and is located under an overpass. It sounds weird but when I went there it was actually a cool location. Just a bit tricky to find the entrance at first.
bro be aware they may not pass you because of the notch some say gotta be wleded to pass some say no can at all
i went in before i notched passed then cut it up
just a heads up bro hopefully they dont really notice just be on time be friendly and talk story it helps alot make sure all your lights are legal, tint, and have your alignment sheet cause they will check everythiung should pass i just would be worried about the notch sometimes they let it pass sometimes they dont they change their rules and reasons alll the time
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticTaco View Post
Just a question on safety checks, anyone know if its legal to have your exhaust pipe dump right after the rear axel? I sawed off my muffler tip but the pipe is still pointing down and away from the cab, you just can't see it unless you look under. thanks for any info.
i dont think should be a problem everyone says no can gotta exit but on my slammed 2000 sierra i had i took em good year with recon dumped exhaust before the axle and they failed me for 2 small sticker on my windshield in the corners never said anything else was wrong
Old 10-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #44
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
For safety checks, the exhaust must exit after the passenger cabin. As long as the tip goes past the cab it's good to go. SUVs were arguable, since we would consider the most rear window as the end to the passenger cabin, we discouraged people from chopping and dumping directly after the muffler on suvs.

Also, this can be used against you if pulled over or vehicle impounded and thoroughly inspected. Safety check laws and the hawaii revised statues that the law enforcement officers go by are two different things. §291-22 Regulation of exhaust pipe and muffler. It shall be unlawful for any person to drive upon the public highways any motor scooter, as defined in section 286-2, the exhaust pipe or muffler of which has been so changed from the factory design as to increase the volume or audibility of the explosions within the motor thereof.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #45

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
if my tires slightly rub will i fail the safety check or recon ?
Old 10-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #46
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: C
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
you could potentially fail both. what part is rubbing, minor trimming can fix quite a few rubs. especially if its just slightly...

i have 275/70/18's on my truck which is stock height, I had to trim a little bit of the fender flare and remove the front mud flaps, no more rubbing except over big bumps.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #47

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoy808 View Post
you could potentially fail both. what part is rubbing, minor trimming can fix quite a few rubs. especially if its just slightly...

i have 275/70/18's on my truck which is stock height, I had to trim a little bit of the fender flare and remove the front mud flaps, no more rubbing except over big bumps.

gotcha thanks, any pics of your trim by any chance?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #48
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
not mine but this is exactly where i trimmed..right behind the tire.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #49

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
oh nice, thank you. Ill get some scissors or razor and trim it down.

Quote:
not mine but this is exactly where i trimmed..right behind the tire.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #50
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
I used a dremel with a sanding wheel. was super easy and clean looking...just watch out for the hot plastic bits, they stick to your skin and hurt..A LOT. haha
Old 10-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #51
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used a dremel with a sanding wheel. was super easy and clean looking...just watch out for the hot plastic bits, they stick to your skin and hurt..A LOT. haha
A dremel?? Are you kidding me/ That may have been overkill.. I cut mine with some heavy duty shears.. lol..
Old 10-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #52
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
lol, im all about overkill. I knew that using the dremel i could at least get the curve right so it looked like it was factory
Old 10-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #53
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol, im all about overkill. I knew that using the dremel i could at least get the curve right so it looked like it was factory
Hey Conor... are those scratches (in the pic) from the mud flaps??? If so, I have some too, but I'm glad they don't show that easily on my silver..
Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #54
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
thats not my pic just one i found showing where i cut on mine.... but i have some small scratches too, mine are no where as bad tho. u can only see it if you look really close.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #55

Ste's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is making some fluttering noises, I believe its a cracked muffler/exhaust. Will I pass the safety check/ recon check? If not... Any recommended places?
Old 10-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #56
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Time is running out if anyone needs safety hook ups send me a email.....
Old 10-25-2013, 03:32 AM   #57
jboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to behold
jboy671's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
Time is running out if anyone needs safety hook ups send me a email.....
Can you pm details? Like location and what not? Thanks.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #58
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Ste, exhaust donut gasket?

Last week big island stations were equipped with the ipads. I had one of my trucks safetied but it wasnt a problem. I still dont agree with the intrusion of government....
Old 10-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #59
808DAKINE is on a distinguished road

Name: Kai
808DAKINE's Tacoma Gallery
They started either 1st or 2nd week on Maui. =\
Old 10-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #60
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
There's 2 days left to get your new safety checks the old way.....

Who knows if there's a way to get around the new system......

At least I have a whole year before I need to worry about the new way.....