Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

New Hawaii Safety Check Law

Old 10-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #62
808DAKINE is on a distinguished road

Name: Kai
808DAKINE's Tacoma Gallery
Meh I'm just gonna throw on my jungle fenders and take it in as is. Hopefully I pass haha.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #64

Another buddy of mine took his 93 yota(stock) into the west maui saftey check by napa in Lahaina... they failed him for a ulua fish sticker on the back window. They also tried to make him take off his police supporter/family member sticker, but that didn't sit to well. h ended up passing with it on. lol
Old 11-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #65
TACO's anyone???
damoihunta is on a distinguished road

damoihunta's Tacoma Gallery
you guys know if you need all the receipts for stuff to pass recon? I don't know if I have um?!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #66
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DAKINE View Post
Another buddy of mine took his 93 yota(stock) into the west maui saftey check by napa in Lahaina... they failed him for a ulua fish sticker on the back window. They also tried to make him take off his police supporter/family member sticker, but that didn't sit to well. h ended up passing with it on. lol
I would have left and went somewhere else. none of that stuff is illigal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damoihunta View Post
you guys know if you need all the receipts for stuff to pass recon? I don't know if I have um?!
not unless their rules changed Nov 1
Old 11-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #67
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Yes you need all your receipts for recon.....
Old 11-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I would have left and went somewhere else. none of that stuff is illigal.

not unless their rules changed Nov 1
Guess the law has been changed.

http://www.co.maui.hi.us/index.aspx?NID=1545
Old 11-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #70
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: C
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by damoihunta View Post
808-733-2542 is the recon office call and ask, they have always been helpful and friendly when I've needed help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
Yes you need all your receipts for recon.....
where did you hear this? you haven't needed reciepts for years.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #71

Failed safety check. They actually took a ruler and checked to see if my fenders covered the wheels. They be 1/4' out.. =/ Now have to go to a body shop and get bushwackers cause these jungle fenders dont cover. Does anyone still know if we can use the garden edge, if not these fenders gonna be forsale soon.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #72
trdspectacoma is on a distinguished road
trdspectacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just chiming in from the big island.

The sticker on the back windshield can be left on because tint can be as dark as you want it for trucks with side mirrors. (they are being rediculous). The sticker, depending on the location of the sticker it should be fine because it is see through, stickers can be put on the bottom left hand corner of the window as it is usually an area of non visual due to the dash ie (parking passes for work or school).

man people are being ridiculed because of the pictures. they also don't want to get fines. ( could be a corporate thing by napa) if that is the case take it to a mom and pop gas station.

also the laws are posted online: for tires I think the thread of the tire (contact patch) cannot stick out of the fender-well
Old 11-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #73
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Wife took mine in a few days ago for safety and it apparently passed without issues-No mud flaps, tiny sticker on back window driver's side, OME Lift so not even noticeable unless parked by a stock truck, and my tires MIGHT stick out a little past the fender. Oh and she got a ticket for expired reg. 2 days before Just a bummer since I'll be shipping it to California in 3 weeks.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #74

Yep, 2 people in front of me failed for stickers on their back windows and he measured to the tire wall.. He seemed pretty cool, told one of the guys to go get some black paper and black tape and cover up his stickers and he would pass him. I think he is just trying to cover his ass.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #75
trdspectacoma is on a distinguished road
trdspectacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, 2 people in front of me failed for stickers on their back windows and he measured to the tire wall.. He seemed pretty cool, told one of the guys to go get some black paper and black tape and cover up his stickers and he would pass him. I think he is just trying to cover his ass.
same here I think it must be a store or a manager policy.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #76
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
so glad i dont live in hawaii.

i feel bad for you all.
in az i can drive around with no fenders, no bed, no bumpers, just a cab and be just fine.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #77
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post

i feel bad for you all.
in az i can drive around with no fenders, no bed, no bumpers, just a cab and be just fine.
x2 no engine check light and as long as the blinkers,horn, and headlights work we're good in texas.

also bribery works if you dont pass otherwise
Old 11-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #78
CUZ I CAN
ekahi1 is on a distinguished road
Army: ARMT dawg Apache longbows, 101st ABN
ekahi1's Tacoma Gallery
Here on big island the garden trim for fender flairs is legal the law doesn't specify what it needs to be made of it just needs to cover the tire. I made my mud flaps from old floor mats...
Old 11-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post

i feel bad for you all.
I lived in az.. Ill take all these restrictions all day every day, over another day in az. Why? because at the end of the day the warm water and the rich sunset remind me of how blessed we are to live in Hawai'i. It seems all so minor when this is what you see at 5 o'clock