Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

New Hawaii Safety Check Law

Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #121
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
That whole thing about getting a duplicate key... Is that a concern for us or does servco ask us for registration or anything like that?
I thought about this too. I've never heard anyone ever making duplicate key(s) of off a VIN number. So I can't really tell you the answer on that.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #123
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
if your average joe blow you actually need to show the dealer the Title to the vehicle your trying to order a key for. newer cars you need the chip transponder to be programmed to the car and for that you need special equipment for which i doubt people stealing cars have access to

back in the early 90s toyota had a problem with their keys being cut so much alike that someone came up with the idea of making a master key that actually worked on every toyota

so stupid because the vin is displayed on the front dash anyways open view of the public. what they should of done was put the sticker inside the window
Old 02-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #124
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
There's a guy in Sand Island that can do newer model keys from the VIN. I had a spare made for my 05 and he took like 2 min to make the key and program it. He does want to see proof of ownership before he makes them.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #125
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
^^ dang, didn't even know you can make spare from the VIN number. my first time hearing that.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #126
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Don't ask me why (maybe I was thinking back to the "d_ck" stuff we would THINK of doing in high school) not specifically me (i.e. racing, calling guys out on the freeway that cut us off, keying someone's car, egging cars).. again...not me...

Crossed quickly through my mind that someone could basically erase someone's safety, and they would just have a couple of white stickers on their bumper...

Not that I would do that to someone, but teens in the area could technically do it to me.. Someones idea of the behind the glass thing makes sense.. like I believe Virginia..
Old 02-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #127
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
also inspectors are told to not reissue replacement stickers. so if you have a damaged sticker your going end up paying for a new inspection
Old 02-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #130
StickerHI.Com Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conor
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Passed my safety check today with the 18x9 275/65/18s guess the tires are "close enough" to inside the fender well they passed it.

now i can do my lift and worry about recon soon
Old 02-22-2014, 05:57 PM   #131
AiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really nice
Army: Aviation
Name: Mike
AiNoFaKNKeA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoy808 View Post
Passed my safety check today with the 18x9 275/65/18s guess the tires are "close enough" to inside the fender well they passed it.

now i can do my lift and worry about recon soon
Right on...congrats.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #132
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't ask me why (maybe I was thinking back to the "d_ck" stuff we would THINK of doing in high school) not specifically me (i.e. racing, calling guys out on the freeway that cut us off, keying someone's car, egging cars).. again...not me...

Crossed quickly through my mind that someone could basically erase someone's safety, and they would just have a couple of white stickers on their bumper...

Not that I would do that to someone, but teens in the area could technically do it to me.. Someones idea of the behind the glass thing makes sense.. like I believe Virginia..
yeah, I already erased some of the vin numbers off a newer sticker. All they really need to match it up is the last 4, plus has ur plate number and the station number. Doesnt take much to cross reference it.

imagine the guys whos gonna erase it and refill it in, next year.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:34 PM   #133
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Sitting in an hour+ wait for an inspection... 45 mins down and maybe 30 to go. Shouldn't be a problem getting passed with my recon, needing to scrape back window stickers may be a different story. Will report after this ordeal is done.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:29 PM   #134
StickerHI.Com Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conor
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
damn Neil thats a long time! mililani chevron is 15mins tops hehe (but i guess its the last day of the month)
Old 03-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #135

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
So I passed even though I possibly shouldn't have. Passed, but found out that I need to change my LCA ball joints. Definitely wouldn't have passed if I went down to jiffy lube or goodyear.

Now to look into new LCAs (aftermarket or OEM ) or new ball joints and labor...
Old 03-30-2014, 10:18 PM   #136
expedition4x4 is on a distinguished road
expedition4x4's Tacoma Gallery
That's hilarious! I was in Hawaii in Dec 2013 and I've never seen so many motorcyclists without helmets and people riding in the box of pickup trucks in my life. Maybe they should start with those issues before worrying about window tint or lifts.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:13 AM   #137
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition4x4 View Post
That's hilarious! I was in Hawaii in Dec 2013 and I've never seen so many motorcyclists without helmets and people riding in the box of pickup trucks in my life. Maybe they should start with those issues before worrying about window tint or lifts.
nah, let people ride behind trucks…it weeds out people from society.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #138
III is on a distinguished road
III's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i used to have my safety behind the glass (upper middle back windshield on a bracket by my 3rd brake light) back in like 2002 haha. but that was because i took off a body kit piece on my rear bumper and had to relocate the bracket, and never did. it was upside down and everything but i never got a single hassle about it. surely that wouldn't fly today and actually i was surprised i never got fkd with about it then... but i guess the problem with behind the glass would be people's tint...

never knew about erasing numbers off the new safetys either, i just watched that news clip ink