Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

New Hawaii Safety Check Law

Old 09-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
New Hawaii Safety Check Law

The new hawaii safety check law starts November 2013.....If any of you have illegal trucks whether tint, lifts, lights, etc.....Get it renewed in October before the new law goes into effect. Starting November each of the safety check stations will be taking pictures of your vehicles and sending it in to the City and County of Honolulu DMV.

If you need hook ups send me a email.....
Old 09-24-2013, 02:57 AM   #2
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a news article about it:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...og-fight-fraud

There's a public hearing on October 10. I really hate this crap
Old 09-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #3
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiTRD View Post
Here's a news article about it:

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...og-fight-fraud

There's a public hearing on October 10. I really hate this crap
lifted trucks are illegal?
Old 09-24-2013, 03:13 AM   #4
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I don't think they changed any laws on recon, so lifted should still be good.

Here's a thread with info on recon:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/haw...-q-thread.html
Old 09-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #5
batmobile will become famous soon enoughbatmobile will become famous soon enough
batmobile's Tacoma Gallery
here's my issue with recon/inspections. when i got my recon done for my mustang, he checked my tint, checked for aftermarket HID, and made me push my car down to check the suspension. how is any of that relevant? so that one guy walking around my car is going to deem it "legal"? i dont understand why the regular safety inspector cant do that. the safety inspection is much much more thorough. you could pass recon, and then fail safety because your mods were done poorly.

recon is a joke to me. a stupid joke
Old 09-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
here's my issue with recon/inspections. when i got my recon done for my mustang, he checked my tint, checked for aftermarket HID, and made me push my car down to check the suspension. how is any of that relevant? so that one guy walking around my car is going to deem it "legal"? i dont understand why the regular safety inspector cant do that. the safety inspection is much much more thorough. you could pass recon, and then fail safety because your mods were done poorly.

recon is a joke to me. a stupid joke
+1

Recon is just an extra step for the state to make money.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
batmobile will become famous soon enoughbatmobile will become famous soon enough
batmobile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiTRD View Post
+1

Recon is just an extra step for the state to make money.
loosing money though. how much does it cost to run the recon station, pay employees, etc.

i doubt $15 a car, or whatever it is, is profitable for the state.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
grrillA has a spectacular aura aboutgrrillA has a spectacular aura aboutgrrillA has a spectacular aura about

grrillA's Tacoma Gallery
wtf, so you have to have your car checked every year so its deemed "safe" , meaning what? It isn't lifted/lowered more than a certain amount. wow
Old 09-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrillA View Post
wtf, so you have to have your car checked every year so its deemed "safe" , meaning what? It isn't lifted/lowered more than a certain amount. wow
we have people here that think anything modified is unsafe. There is no such thing as pursuit of happiness down here...its all about what the government wants you to do.

DLNR still gets to cruise lifted trucks with aftermarket tires and rims with no mud flaps.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
nbt808 will become famous soon enough
Name: Nestor
nbt808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kala View Post
we have people here that think anything modified is unsafe. There is no such thing as pursuit of happiness down here...its all about what the government wants you to do.

DLNR still gets to cruise lifted trucks with aftermarket tires and rims with no mud flaps.
on point.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #12
nbt808 will become famous soon enough
Name: Nestor
nbt808's Tacoma Gallery
Now what are the people that actually use their lift to get to places to hunt fish or dive? what will become of the people that actually live off the land is that life style gonna be put to a stop?...I feel that this won't pass and I hope it doesn't.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #13
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
Yes if you don't have recon check on it.....
Old 09-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #14
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbt808 View Post
Now what are the people that actually use their lift to get to places to hunt fish or dive? what will become of the people that actually live off the land is that life style gonna be put to a stop?...I feel that this won't pass and I hope it doesn't.

exactly. I grew up using 4wd to get to places. It's ridiculous. Theres a reason why eople do straight fronts and put armor on vehicles, but we need clearance too!

The laws here make things complicated on life. Insurance is good enough to be able to run around...I have enough faith this yota will take me to where I need and back.

it's too late....no stopping it...or is there?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #15
Aight
sernaj64 is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
sernaj64's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Going to need this
Old 09-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #16
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks, I have brothers that live in states that have to get inspected, but here in good old kansas, you can tag anything, ANYTHING. No bumpers, no fenders, no mufflers, no cats, nothing matters as long as it has two headlight and two tail lights and looks kind of like a car.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #17
jboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to beholdjboy671 is a splendid one to behold
jboy671's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
So what is it with this new safety thing? Even if I get it safety check now a year from now they gonna have to take a pic right?
This is what I am wondering.

My safety expires next February. Should I just get it inspected after I get my recon? My recon is scheduled for next week Monday and I am trying to pass it legit.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #18
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboy671 View Post
This is what I am wondering.

My safety expires next February. Should I just get it inspected after I get my recon? My recon is scheduled for next week Monday and I am trying to pass it legit.
If you have recon or your truck/car isn't illegal in any way this new safety check thing is nothing to worry about then. My trucks safety expires in november but I'm gonna renew in october then deal with the new law next year. Only thing wrong with mine is the tint on my front windows. Hopefully there will be a way to cheat the system. As they saw laws are made to be broken and this is defiantly one of them to try.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
If you have recon or your truck/car isn't illegal in any way this new safety check thing is nothing to worry about then. My trucks safety expires in november but I'm gonna renew in october then deal with the new law next year. Only thing wrong with mine is the tint on my front windows. Hopefully there will be a way to cheat the system. As they saw laws are made to be broken and this is defiantly one of them to try.
as long as you pass recon and stay inside the rules, the picture they take will probably just be a profile of the car to match up just by glancing.

if you fail, then they take more pictures...

i'm curious how this will play out. Still see tons of lifted trucks with wide tires without recon.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #20
My Toys.....

TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
My trucks safety expires in november but I'm gonna renew in october then deal with the new law next year. Only thing wrong with mine is the tint on my front windows.
Mines expires in January but I'm getting it renewed in October too.....Yup deal with it next October!