Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

creaking suspension

Old 09-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
TACO's anyone???
damoihunta is on a distinguished road

damoihunta's Tacoma Gallery
creaking suspension

anyone can tell me how to get rid of all the creaking in my suspension? a friend told me not to spray WD40 on rubber because petroleum products break down rubber, so silicone? what could I use...
Mahalo
Old 09-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
what rubber suspension component?

creaking coming from front or rear? (my guess is rear since our leafs are notorious about that)

Note sure if it's the right answer but I just used regular multi-purpose automotive grease on my leafs, not even sure what brand...
Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyTG View Post
what rubber suspension component?

creaking coming from front or rear? (my guess is rear since our leafs are notorious about that)

Note sure if it's the right answer but I just used regular multi-purpose automotive grease on my leafs, not even sure what brand...
for me it was the leaf spring bushings
Old 09-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
3boyztaco is on a distinguished road

3boyztaco's Tacoma Gallery
My front right just started the "creaks". Mostly noticeable with making right turns and slowing down turning right. Rear springs have been creaking for months. Silicone lubricant seems to work for several days. Just wondering if the front creaks are coming from the sway bar or the anti compression strut bushings on the fabtech 6" lift.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #7
TACO's anyone???
damoihunta is on a distinguished road

damoihunta's Tacoma Gallery
I just have a 3" procomp lift. I believe it to be the rubber bushings... Idk but creaks all the time. Speedbumps ,turning, what ever. Kinda irritating
Old 09-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
3boyztaco is on a distinguished road

3boyztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Might be from the sway bar bushings. do you have your sway bar on still? I'm thinking of changing my bushings as soon as I have the time.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #10
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Put some gold bond on your truck for the chaffing it really works
Old 10-06-2013, 12:26 AM   #11
HaoleBilt
elsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shedelsenordave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave Smith
elsenordave's Tacoma Gallery
I used white lithium grease on mine...no more squeak... I've an AAL so i can't do the tsb...
Old 10-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I'd never use any oils or greases unless its a DRY lubricant.

Oils & greases attract dirt & dust in those areas you are spraying.

Power wash the leafs & inspect your leaf pads (pads inbetween leafs at the ends). To further inspect, remove your leaf pak at each end, inspect bushings & lubricate / anti seize between the bolt & metal sleeve.