Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Anyone On Oahu Have TPMS Reset Tool?

Old 10-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone On Oahu Have TPMS Reset Tool?

Anyone of Oahu have the TPMS reset tool that I can borrow. Might be swapping out a set of tires/rims with different sensors. Ill hook you up with a case of beer, lunch or rent it from you. PM if you have one. Mahalos.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
I got one, it can scan what is currently on the truck ecu and can change it to another set that needs to be manually entered via laptop.

If you have the new sensor IDs it'll take about 5min. There is a second tool that wirelessly scans each sensor if you don't know what it is, but I don't have that one.

Dealership will charge an hour of labor or more to do it
Old 10-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
This will be used on a Scion, would it still work?

Ok, so I would have to know what the codes are and the only way to get the codes from the new sensors is to dismount the tires and get the ID numbers off of the new sensors? I really didn't want to take apart the new set.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #4
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
it works for all cars with TPMS...

either dismounting or buying the other scan tool that will pull the installed ID via a transmitter.

if you want to chip into the cost, I could buy it. I've been looking to get the transmitter but haven't had an opportunity to use it yet.
Old 10-26-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
Thanks, But my dad decided to just get new tires installed from Costco.