Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

End of The Year TACO CRUISE 2013

Old 11-29-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
BronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Bronson
BronsDaGreat's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good.. I'm down to meet.. Newb here.. Kinda scared to drive through Waikiki though! Lol.. Seeing all the modded out tacos is worth the ticket! Aurite!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Marines: Sgt, MCBH Mals-24
Name: Ratha
I5runner's Tacoma Gallery
I will take part, but prob not for the whole day.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
fnmfer is on a distinguished road
fnmfer's Tacoma Gallery
so is the date updated on the first post? if not i would update the first post to avoid confusion....
Old 12-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
Jinseiganai is on a distinguished road
Jinseiganai's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it is changed, so cruise is on Dec. 29TH, mark those calenders, send in those requests for off at work and lets have a gud fun cruise!
Old 12-11-2013, 04:50 AM   #25
HiFinest Shiggz is on a distinguished road
Name: Ikaika
HiFinest Shiggz's Tacoma Gallery
we should make a list of who's gonna go?
Old 12-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: FC1(SW)
Name: Beau
2kool4school's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinseiganai View Post
Yup, everyone just jumps on a certain freq. Most of us guys have and I reccomend, Motorolas. They work really well and good for the buck. I reccomend going to either sams or costco and buying! It was a pair for 89.99 at the time, and its one of the top walkies as far as range goes without going like cb radio, But MAIN thing is you want a 22 channel walkie
CB Radio is only rated for ~4 miles LOS, though I have gotten further than that before with my hardwired. The radios that you are talking about say they are upto 23 miles LOS.

CB is down on the upper end of HF (27.065 - 27.405 Mhz) and gets a lot of interference. The FRS/GMRS radios are Lower end of UHF (462.5625 - 462.7250 Mhz)

CB - No-Licensing
GMRS - Licensing
An FCC license is required to operate a General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS) system. Licenses are issued for a five-year term and can be renewed between 90 days prior to the expiration date and up to the actual expiration date of the license.
http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/gene...o-service-gmrs

FRS - No-Licensing
Licensing
The Family Radio Service (FRS) is licensed by rule. This means an individual license is not required to operate an FRS device. You can operate an FRS device regardless of your age and for personal or business use so long as you are not a representative of a foreign government.
http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/fami...io-service-frs

Not trying to be an ass, just trying to educate.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #27
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4school View Post
CB Radio is only rated for ~4 miles LOS, though I have gotten further than that before with my hardwired. The radios that you are talking about say they are upto 23 miles LOS.

CB is down on the upper end of HF (27.065 - 27.405 Mhz) and gets a lot of interference. The FRS/GMRS radios are Lower end of UHF (462.5625 - 462.7250 Mhz)

CB - No-Licensing
GMRS - Licensing
An FCC license is required to operate a General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS) system. Licenses are issued for a five-year term and can be renewed between 90 days prior to the expiration date and up to the actual expiration date of the license.

FRS - No-Licensing
Licensing
The Family Radio Service (FRS) is licensed by rule. This means an individual license is not required to operate an FRS device. You can operate an FRS device regardless of your age and for personal or business use so long as you are not a representative of a foreign government.

I wonder how different the FCC test it from the training I got with the LMR's at work...we all get "trained" on radio etiquette, it's hilarious sometimes with how bad some talkers are though
Old 12-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #28
III is on a distinguished road
III's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kool4school View Post

CB - No-Licensing
GMRS - Licensing

FRS - No-Licensing
Licensing

umm i know nothing about this haha... where do handheld walkie talkies fall into dis equation ?
Old 12-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #29
I think he got the wrong idea, 1st, thanks for trying to help, 2nd , idk how expensive cb radios and stuff are but a group of us Xrunners got these walkies for past cruises we did. It works well what for what we bought it for, faster then calling and texting! Trust me when I say, if you buy one, it works GREAT and REALLY IS A HUGE HELP and less then $100 for a pair
Old 12-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #30
2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed2kool4school is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: FC1(SW)
Name: Beau
2kool4school's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I wonder how different the FCC test it from the training I got with the LMR's at work...we all get "trained" on radio etiquette, it's hilarious sometimes with how bad some talkers are though
Yes I agree some people that talk on COMMS are really bad at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by III View Post
umm i know nothing about this haha... where do handheld walkie talkies fall into dis equation ?
Those handhelds have FRS/GMRS abilities
Quote:
I think he got the wrong idea, 1st, thanks for trying to help, 2nd , idk how expensive cb radios and stuff are but a group of us Xrunners got these walkies for past cruises we did. It works well what for what we bought it for, faster then calling and texting! Trust me when I say, if you buy one, it works GREAT and REALLY IS A HUGE HELP and less then $100 for a pair
I didn't get the wrong idea I was just letting everyone know the legal limits of things. Just because you can buy something out in town or online and turn it on and use it, doesn't mean its always legal. You can order a HAM radio without a license all day long, though legally you can't broadcast with it.

Don't take it the wrong way guys I'm not saying that you are doing illegal actives.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #31
8 days away!!!!
Old 12-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #32
Weasel09 is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Wes
Weasel09's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Weasel09
This sounds like a good time for All taco owners!!
Old 12-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #33
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
I just put in a CB radio but have not had the chance to use it. I hope someone else will have one.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #34
Only 3 more days guys
Old 12-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #35
Re-Member
Vanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant future

Name: Brooks
Vanguard's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Vanguard Send a message via Yahoo to Vanguard
what time do you guys think you'll end up on the windward side? And, would be good if you can figure out the frequency a head of time.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #36
any idea on how many members participating?
Old 12-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #37
III is on a distinguished road
III's Tacoma Gallery
^da more da merrier! im assuming this got posted outside of tw forums too (but not sure... FH, xru... etc )
Old 12-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #38
Posted on Xru and here, idk how much guys are coming, im not taking a count or anything but come n find out
Old 12-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #39
Airframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Maintenance Chief P-3 Navy
Name: Kekoa
Airframes Chief's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
End of The Year TACO CRUISE 2013
We never had a cruise in a while so ITS THAT TIME AGAIN! Lets END this year with a BIG fat TACO CRUISE! We have alot of new XR and tacoma owners, and would also be a GREAT way to meet local guys and trucks. PLUS its been a while, alot of us have new goodies and mods!

Who: Any and ALL tacomas
When: Sunday December 29th, 2013
Meet-UP : 10AM Nico's Front Parking Lot (can be seen from Nimitz Hwy.)
Roll Out : 11AM Sharp
Route:

Nico's
through Waikiki
to Bellows for PICS
then Windward mall TOP parking lot for lunch
then Head over H-3
Meet up again at Toys R Us Pearl City Parking lot
then Meet up and talk about rest of the day from there!

TIPS: Please be organized, so That means please fill up gas and do atm runs before hand! I also HIGHLY reccomend WALKIE TALKIES!!! We all know how crowded town and ESPECIALLY WAIKIKI is, so it is a GREAT help for regrouping, and also safety
I been working till late tonight, so I am thinking that I will catch up with you guys at the Windward Mall parking lot for lunch. Can somebody post what time you guys will be meeting up top parking lot at? Very much appreciated in advance! Hope to see you guys later on Today, ALOHAZ!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #40
Airframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Maintenance Chief P-3 Navy
Name: Kekoa
Airframes Chief's Tacoma Gallery
Heading to Windward mall now. Hope to see you guys over there, Aloha!