Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Anyone ever replace their tailgate before!?

Old 01-03-2014, 03:15 AM   #1
HiFinest Shiggz is on a distinguished road
Name: Ikaika
HiFinest Shiggz's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone ever replace their tailgate before!?

Debating whether or not to pay for a replacement tailgate or pay someone to pull the dents out. Long story short there was a scuffle near my truck and now there's 6-8 nice dents in my tailgate. Now I'm looking at either paying couple hundred to have someone pull the dents or couple hundred for a replacement tailgate. Only problem I see with getting a replacement is the camera feature? Thoughts, suggestions, advice!?
Old 01-03-2014, 03:22 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Camera is in the latch isn't it? Move the latch/camera over to other tailgate. Only problem I see is finding one same color as your truck and not having to paint a dent-free one. Scuffle you say? Scuffles usually don't leave dents, musta been a fight or brawl..............probably involving some damn hippy haoles. MG is a popular color so you may luck out finding one the same color. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
had to replace mine a few weeks old after someone put a nice vertical dent. Think it was around $1300 for a shop to paint a new one and replace it.

It all comes apart pretty easy so you could probably just have a shop paint a new one and re-assemble it with all of your existing stuff.

You could have a place pop the dents out too, due to the poor strength design, you can access everything after you take the plastic cover off.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Im on my 3rd one, but its ok i keep finding them used for no more than 200 bucks.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #5
Kala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shedKala is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Kala's Tacoma Gallery
make um pay. dents dont come out easy on 05up gates…and like luka said, its easy to dismantle.

ive been looking for a replacement for awhile..but mines gonna get hammered again one way or another
Old 01-04-2014, 03:19 AM   #7
HiFinest Shiggz is on a distinguished road
Name: Ikaika
HiFinest Shiggz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
I changed mine.....did the old switcharoo with a totaled 2013 that got T-bone and rolled. I even kept my old camera as a spare.Gotta find a hook up at the tow yard!

What are some good junk yards I could possibly contact!?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #8
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure, but sadly there will be one showing up in a junkyard soon... Saw a tacoma that (somehow) flipped on its side leaving the house up makakilo yesterday. The driver looked ok, but there was an ambulance on scene. Hope everyone is ok. The tacoma obviously was not... altar the whole drivers side.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #9
Airframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Maintenance Chief P-3 Navy
Name: Kekoa
Airframes Chief's Tacoma Gallery
Ikaika, did you try calling Abe's auto recycling? I have used them before for my old Chevy truck and at the time I saw a lot of newer model cars/trucks on their lot. They also told me about other places that might have what I was looking for since they didn't have one part I needed. There is also one behind Cutter Ford Aiea next to the bike path that some friends of mine used before. Anyways Google "Oahu auto recycling" and plenty junk yards will show up. Good luck my braddah, Aloha!
Old 01-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #10
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: C
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Try call Vadim Roud (Island Dent Repair) 808-221-1486

He does GREAT work its paintless dent removal

he worked miracles on my old TL that has some really sharp dents (looked like somenoe stabbed the door with an ice pick over and over)

cost me 150.00 total for 3 panels. I'm sure he can quote you.

very soft spoken guy, lives in Hawaii Kai but is mobile I believe....