Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Bed cover/Tonneau cover selection

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
Airframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Maintenance Chief P-3 Navy
Name: Kekoa
Airframes Chief's Tacoma Gallery
Bed cover/Tonneau cover selection

Aloha Hawaii TW members. I have had the bed rug installed in my truck for over a month now and I love it! I just need a little help in selecting/finding a bed cover or tonneau cover that will keep the bed rug from getting weather beaten. You all know how much the Hawaiian sun can bleach or damage our bed liners and living in Kaneohe there's always a lot of rain. So if you guys/gals can please help me make a selection it would be greatly appreciated. Pics would definitely help out a lot. I am posting a couple of pictures also so that you guys can see how the bed rug looks in our trucks. One more thing, I sometimes haul my extended family and friends in the bed from time to time so I am thinking that it has to be a soft or folding type cover. Mahalo for all your help and Aloha!
Attached Thumbnails
Bed cover/Tonneau cover selection-imag0327.jpg   Bed cover/Tonneau cover selection-imag0328.jpg  
Old 01-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #2
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airframes Chief View Post
Aloha Hawaii TW members. I have had the bed rug installed in my truck for over a month now and I love it! I just need a little help in selecting/finding a bed cover or tonneau cover that will keep the bed rug from getting weather beaten. You all know how much the Hawaiian sun can bleach or damage our bed liners and living in Kaneohe there's always a lot of rain. So if you guys/gals can please help me make a selection it would be greatly appreciated. Pics would definitely help out a lot. I am posting a couple of pictures also so that you guys can see how the bed rug looks in our trucks. One more thing, I sometimes haul my extended family and friends in the bed from time to time so I am thinking that it has to be a soft or folding type cover. Mahalo for all your help and Aloha!
I got a bac flip 3 piece cover with rack system. Ron got the roll x made by bac company.
Attached Thumbnails
Bed cover/Tonneau cover selection-image.jpg  
Old 01-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #3
hemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kurt
hemitruk's Tacoma Gallery
Got the fold a cover G4 Elite.Has 4 panels so little more room for people in back .But it will leak a little in front and back Only got pic of it open and pic of angle aluminum Im going to use to seal rear.Rear panel also opens so have access to back.
Attached Thumbnails
Bed cover/Tonneau cover selection-20140112_122016.jpg   Bed cover/Tonneau cover selection-20140112_124008.jpg  
Old 01-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #4
Airframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirframes Chief is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh7nm View Post
I got a bac flip 3 piece cover with rack system. Ron got the roll x made by bac company.
Miles, I like that folding type cover. Looks great with that rack system. What shop did you get it from and how much did you pay? Thanks for the reply bro, Aloha!

Don't give up the ship! Nice license plate, too!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemitruk View Post
Got the fold a cover G4 Elite.Has 4 panels so little more room for people in back .But it will leak a little in front and back Only got pic of it open and pic of angle aluminum Im going to use to seal rear.Rear panel also opens so have access to back.
That cover looks sturdy as hell, Kurt! Can you tell me which shop and how much you paid as well? Thanks for the reply bro, Aloha!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:22 PM   #6
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Miles, I like that folding type cover. Looks great with that rack system. What shop did you get it from and how much did you pay? Thanks for the reply bro, Aloha!

Don't give up the ship! Nice license plate, too!
Here is where I bought it from free shipping to Hawaii. http://www.bakfactoryoutlet.com/bakr...ackage-f1.html Here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8n11e3MsuM Rack can hold 500 lbs. and on top of the cover 200 lbs.
You can try check 4wheelparts or even wait for the March truckfest the vendor is at the show. Cover folds into three sections so it does not store in the bed of the truck only down fall it will block the rear window if you fold up all three sections up. Mine don't leak too much only big big rain. If you do get the cover get a pop lock so the bed will be locked. http://www.amazon.com/Pop-Lock-PL852...op+lock+tacoma Cover easy to install couple hours max. If not hit me up I can help install.
Ahh you know what the letters mean. Too bad she's leaving to San Diego this summer and never coming back unless a port visit.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
hemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That cover looks sturdy as hell, Kurt! Can you tell me which shop and how much you paid as well? Thanks for the reply bro, Aloha!
Picked it online from auto accesories garrage .Was 795.00 plus 213. for shipping .Yea cover pretty solid also like the latches .Your truck looking good.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Here is where I bought it from free shipping to Hawaii. http://www.bakfactoryoutlet.com/bakr...ackage-f1.html Here's a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8n11e3MsuM Rack can hold 500 lbs. and on top of the cover 200 lbs.
You can try check 4wheelparts or even wait for the March truckfest the vendor is at the show. Cover folds into three sections so it does not store in the bed of the truck only down fall it will block the rear window if you fold up all three sections up. Mine don't leak too much only big big rain. If you do get the cover get a pop lock so the bed will be locked. http://www.amazon.com/Pop-Lock-PL852...op+lock+tacoma Cover easy to install couple hours max. If not hit me up I can help install.
Ahh you know what the letters mean. Too bad she's leaving to San Diego this summer and never coming back unless a port visit.
Wow cant beat free shipping .Nice looking cover and rack system nice setup.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
gman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgman2530 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gman2530's Tacoma Gallery
See this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qyJtUEYqfM

http://www.tonneaucovers4less.com/lu...Fe1xQgodo1AAlQ

I have BakFlip, found on CL//// It is more for appearance...
Old 01-14-2014, 01:30 AM   #10

Quote:
Cover easy to install couple hours max. If not hit me up I can help install.
Miles, thanks for all the great info. Your cover is definitely on the list of options. Sorry to hear that you are leaving the islands soon, but if you ever stop by on cruise or detachment shoot me a message and I will be glad to put you and your shipmates up! Thanks for your service Shipmate and for all the wisdom that you have shared on TW. Aloha!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemitruk View Post
Picked it online from auto accesories garrage .Was 795.00 plus 213. for shipping .Yea cover pretty solid also like the latches .Your truck looking good.
Thanks Kurt!
Old 01-14-2014, 01:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2530 View Post
See this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qyJtUEYqfM

http://www.tonneaucovers4less.com/lu...Fe1xQgodo1AAlQ

I have BakFlip, found on CL//// It is more for appearance...
Gman, thanks for your input! This cover looks sleek and fits my needs just fine. Definitely a possibility, Aloha!
Old 01-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #13

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Miles, thanks for all the great info. Your cover is definitely on the list of options. Sorry to hear that you are leaving the islands soon, but if you ever stop by on cruise or detachment shoot me a message and I will be glad to put you and your shipmates up! Thanks for your service Shipmate and for all the wisdom that you have shared on TW. Aloha!
Nope not leaving got out back in 99, enjoying cilvian life.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Nope not leaving got out back in 99, enjoying cilvian life.
Oh... Your Ship is leaving. Well, glad to hear that you are sticking around bro. Again, always appreciate your help and knowledge. Aloha!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I always liked the roll-n-lock...but the compartment to stow the cover takes up a bit of real estate
My thoughts exactly. I already have a short bed so to take away any of my storage capacity would suck. I was just at Maui Off Road and saw Jeff's big black Superduty. It has the Roll-n-lock and it looks bad a$$, but it just wouldn't work out for our SB Tacos IMO. I am leaning toward the soft covers in both roll-up and tri-fold types. Here are my current choices:

Truxedo Roll-up $320.00
Tonneaucraft Tri-fold $310.00
American Tonneau Tri-fold $369.00
*All prices are from autoanything and include shipping to Hawaii

I need to save $$$ after the lift, rims, tires, bed rug, exhaust, intake, sounds, running boards, and surf rack system. I have the greatest wife in the world, but I swear she is going to kick my a$$ if I try to buy anything else after this Aloha!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:51 AM   #17
SHOT OUT
KingofBattle is on a distinguished road

Army: 13A A BTRY 1-30 FA BN
KingofBattle's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna hop on this thread since it's fairly recent, although I don't live anywhere near Hawaii (TX) and I deal with a lot different elements (mainly sun and sand/dust) I think a bed cover would be a good investment. I've looked at the Undercover Flex, Leer, Tonno Pro, BAK Flip, and other brands.
I'm really not too concerned about brands just as long as it is: folding so that I have a cover when I need it and room in the bed when I don't, is durable and easy to install/remove, preferably a harder material so I don't have to worry about anything piercing through the material, and MOST IMPORTANTLY $500 and below. I've seen a lot of good covers out there but they're pricey. In most cases, people have said you get what you pay for but I'd like to get a bed cover relatively soon for piece of mind and I don't see myself dropping over $500 on a cover in my time-frame. Any tips or covers to look for would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:09 AM   #18
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where did you order this from? amazon or autoanything? did it have free shipping? notice on bak website warranty doesnt apply if you buy from amazon or auction sites
Old 01-27-2014, 10:07 PM   #20
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bought it from here and free shipping to hawaii: http://www.bakfactoryoutlet.com/bakr...ackage-f1.html
do you have the CS or the CS-F1 model?

Products Discussed in this Thread