Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Hawaii Recon Wheel Alignment?!

Old 02-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #21
AiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really nice
Army: Aviation
Name: Mike
AiNoFaKNKeA's Tacoma Gallery
^Conor, what you running?

Conor and Mike, what wheel and tire specs you running? Waiting for truck fest, as advised, to get everything, so trying to get advice beforehand.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #22
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: C
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not lifted yet. My parts are waiting to be installed next month. I gotta get my safety this month 1st so I don;t have to worry about recon and their 6-8 week wait right now.

I have 5100s and a 1/4" spacer for the front (this combo should net me 2.25")

i have wheelers 3leaf progressive AAL and 5100 for the rear (1.5")

I have 18x9 BFDs with 275/65/18s

Hoping that I'll align well with enough caster to not wander all over the road. If not I'll get me some UCAs I guess.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:22 PM   #23
AiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoy808 View Post
I'm not lifted yet. My parts are waiting to be installed next month. I gotta get my safety this month 1st so I don;t have to worry about recon and their 6-8 week wait right now.

I have 5100s and a 1/4" spacer for the front (this combo should net me 2.25")

i have wheelers 3leaf progressive AAL and 5100 for the rear (1.5")

I have 18x9 BFDs with 275/65/18s

Hoping that I'll align well with enough caster to not wander all over the road. If not I'll get me some UCAs I guess.
What backspacing you running on 18x9's? Will they sit flush with the fender, or you'll have to do some modifications just to get recon? I know you don't have it on yet but I'm assuming that you'll be getting recon.

Hope you plan on creating a build thread so we can see how your truck transforms. Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #24
Sticker Making Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: C
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
The rims are on already. the tires are very close to the edge so much so that I'm not 100% sure I'll pass. I havent hung a plumbob yet to see if its inside the fender well lol. its THAT close.

specs on the wheel is....

18x9
+0 offset (5 INCH BACKSPACING)
6x139.7
Old 02-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBoy808 View Post
The rims are on already. the tires are very close to the edge so much so that I'm not 100% sure I'll pass. I havent hung a plumbob yet to see if its inside the fender well lol. its THAT close.

specs on the wheel is....

18x9
+0 offset (5 INCH BACKSPACING)
6x139.7
Should pass. If not, then someone at recon has their period, lol. Just take everyone else's advice and make a trip to home depot. This is my first lift but I faced similar situations with dropped cars and as long as the yard stick is close to the fender, should be good. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #26
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
So I have to get my 4runner alignment spec sheet for recon, where can I get one that will show the IFS specs even though I have a straight front?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #27
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDriver8 View Post
Yes, but theyre not the adjustable kind
all aftermarket UCA's have built in added caster
Old 02-25-2014, 04:21 PM   #28
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uzrnr View Post
So I have to get my 4runner alignment spec sheet for recon, where can I get one that will show the IFS specs even though I have a straight front?
I think the shop should be able to pull up the oem specs and have it in the print out.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #29

1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Island Brake and Alignment hooked me up! Think I'm ready for recon.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:24 PM   #31

1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
These are my cheap, quick fender flares for the time being. I have some tube ones that I am working on.
Attached Thumbnails
Hawaii Recon Wheel Alignment?!-img_0002.jpg   Hawaii Recon Wheel Alignment?!-img_0003.jpg   Hawaii Recon Wheel Alignment?!-img_0007.jpg  
Old 03-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #33
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry if I'm thread jacking, but did anyone try Firestone? They have the lifetime wheel alignment for $170. They got my friends 4Runner lifted 3" in spec to pass recon so was considering Firestone..
Old 03-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #35
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808leo View Post
Sorry if I'm thread jacking, but did anyone try Firestone? They have the lifetime wheel alignment for $170. They got my friends 4Runner lifted 3" in spec to pass recon so was considering Firestone..
Anyone that can align, would/should be able to align a 3" lift IF they have UCAs.. If no UCAs then they would be fudging numbers..
Old 03-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #36
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
i have it for both of my cars, and only used it once..
Good to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Anyone that can align, would/should be able to align a 3" lift IF they have UCAs.. If no UCAs then they would be fudging numbers..
My friend doesn't have UCA and neither do I.. But Chris is in spec and Matt without UCA.. Not sure where they went tho
Old 03-03-2014, 11:11 PM   #38
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uzrnr View Post
These are my cheap, quick fender flares for the time being. I have some tube ones that I am working on.
I posted this in the oahu thread earlier today
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
Jesse, if you stop by this thread
the extended flaps you put on your runner may be the biggest most ridiculous looking things ive ever seen hahaha
lol
Old 03-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #39

1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
I posted this in the oahu thread earlier today

lol
LMAO! Yes they are and they wave when I drive down the highway. I didn't want to rush making the tube fenders and regret having something hideous......so I made some hideous ones out of 1/8" ABS.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:20 PM   #40

1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
IBA told me when they said it was done that my caster will never be in IFS specs so he just adjusted the acceptable range to put me in the green. I think it was pretty obvious I had a clue about how to set up my alignment.