Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Hawaii Recon Wheel Alignment?!

Old 03-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #41
BronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant futureBronsDaGreat has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
Name: Bronson
BronsDaGreat's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone tried Scotty's in Pearl City? They will definitely fudge the numbers for you. Is island brake and alignment better? I kinda want a second opinion on my alignment that was done last week by Scotty's..
Old 03-04-2014, 01:42 AM   #42
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronsDaGreat View Post
Has anyone tried Scotty's in Pearl City? They will definitely fudge the numbers for you. Is island brake and alignment better? I kinda want a second opinion on my alignment that was done last week by Scotty's..
Island break and alignment is good. If it's close they'll tweak the machine so the print out will have you a go for recon.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #43
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
Scottys is good for aftermarket lifted/lowered vehicles thats what he specializes in. Scotty used to work for Island Brake a long lime till he left and started his own business. i still send people his way if the vehicle is modified. Island brake/alignment is the #1 shop most people recommend for recon and he has a in ground lift so its easier of slammed cars and trucks.

one word of advice nothing in the automotive world is LIFETIME. Being in the business i can tell you your alignment will be done good the first time around and then after that the next Tech doing it under warranty will probably not give a crap. Why because hes not getting paid for that warranty alignment. True fact thats why i dont recommend those lifetime warranty deals. lifetime brakes? sure we replace your brake pads for free but you pay us labor. ( they just jack up the labor to cover the Cheapest crappiest brake pads they can put on)
Old 03-07-2014, 07:58 PM   #44
unRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the rough

Army: Big Red 1
Name: Derrick
unRAVeled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uzrnr View Post
These are my cheap, quick fender flares for the time being. I have some tube ones that I am working on.
Saw your beast on Waialae Ave today. Time to put some matching paint on them flares. It looked good to me.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:56 AM   #45
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unRAVeled View Post
Saw your beast on Waialae Ave today. Time to put some matching paint on them flares. It looked good to me.
Thanks, but they're only temporary. Not looking to put anymore time into them.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:02 AM   #46
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
I've tried both Scotty's and island brake both very good I went to Scotty's before on previous trucks and my truck was slightly off spec for recon so he took a pic with the truck front a little higher and printed it out so it was all green and good to go for recon

I went to island brake because it was easy to drop off when I had work at napa right behind the building hahah good work from both places lil over $100 for alignment
Old 03-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #47
unRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the roughunRAVeled is a jewel in the rough

Army: Big Red 1
Name: Derrick
unRAVeled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronsDaGreat View Post
Yeah Scotty's will definitely get your settings into the green with a little something - something and a little more something. Just got my recon done and the inspector inquired how I got my alignment settings perfect with my 3 inch lift. I shrugged my shoulders and said I leave it to the pros to take care of my truck. Got my recon and now I'm off to get my safety check.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #48
AiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really nice
Army: Aviation
Name: Mike
AiNoFaKNKeA's Tacoma Gallery
Is there anyone with a similar setup of 18x9 0 offset w/ 285/65 BFG T/A KO that passed recon with stock fenders? Pulling the trigger on the wheels soon, as I already ordered the tires, but I'm a bit worried. I read that AT's fit narrower than MT's and hoping that it would line up just perfect to get recon.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #49
StickerHI.Com Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conor
CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
Hawaii Recon Wheel Alignment?!

Idk man, my BFDs and 275/65s are super close.....idk if 285s gonna pass.
Depends how you look at it

Here are three pics just so you can see only slight change in angle

Old 03-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #51
StickerHI.Com Dude
CBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCBoy808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
18x9
+0 offset (5" backspace)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:10 AM   #52
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Might have to slap on some temporary flares from Home Depot or lowes just till after inspection then dump em
Old 03-10-2014, 03:11 AM   #53
AiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really niceAiNoFaKNKeA is just really nice
Army: Aviation
Name: Mike
AiNoFaKNKeA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendo Ballz808 View Post
Might have to slap on some temporary flares from Home Depot or lowes just till after inspection then dump em
Is there a requirement on how it's suppose to be attached? What's the best way of installing them temporarily?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #54
Ripper3785 is on a distinguished road
Ripper3785's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiNoFaKNKeA View Post
Is there a requirement on how it's suppose to be attached? What's the best way of installing them temporarily?
It's supposed to be mounted in a secure manner, so bolted or screwed to the fender/existing flare. Double sided tape won't fly.

Although this was years ago, someone I know pulled his extended flares off after recon. (Like most people do) Got pulled over and issued a recon fraud ticket($300+), recon revoked, etc. That story has always stuck with me. Pretty random though, as it's the only story I've heard and we know how many people pull it off after recon & safety.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #55
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
I guess prob depends too on how much the tires sticking out. If it sticks out like ^^^ and the cop gives a ticket that's BS, but if the tires stick out like a foot then ya I can see a ticket being warranted.. I've been lucky everytime I got pulled over just get a warning.. Helps tho my dad retired from HPD and my brother is a cop
Old 03-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #56
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808leo View Post
I guess prob depends too on how much the tires sticking out. If it sticks out like ^^^ and the cop gives a ticket that's BS, but if the tires stick out like a foot then ya I can see a ticket being warranted.. I've been lucky everytime I got pulled over just get a warning.. Helps tho my dad retired from HPD and my brother is a cop
Oh, you mean like if I pulled my fender flares off?
Old 03-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #57
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AiNoFaKNKeA View Post
Is there anyone with a similar setup of 18x9 0 offset w/ 285/65 BFG T/A KO that passed recon with stock fenders? Pulling the trigger on the wheels soon, as I already ordered the tires, but I'm a bit worried. I read that AT's fit narrower than MT's and hoping that it would line up just perfect to get recon.
I'm gonah be running 285/65 toyo at2s on my bfds.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 AM   #59
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
No recon till i do sum real suspension work. Only get strut spacer an aal. Was thinking bushwackers. Not sure how much itll stick out wit spindles.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #60
StickerHI.Com Dude

CBoy808's Tacoma Gallery
^ lets see photos of your truck with the strut spacer / aal?