Notices

Peacock Flats Camping outing May 10 & 11

View Poll Results: Camping or Off Roading May 10 11
Camping May 10 12 80.00%
Off Roading May 10 1 6.67%
Off Roading May 11 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2014, 12:03 PM   #21
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF View Post
I need to figure out how to reserve a camp spot. Caint wait, thing we will also bring our mountain bikes.
Click on the link that iven posted then you will need to open up an account with that website. Then when it is one month before you can reserve the camp site. Camp site B we are shooting for there is only 3 camp sites on B but it will accommodate up to 21 people.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #23
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xurusaibobx View Post
is 4wd requirement to go up on the main road? i have a tundra 2wd but i have rear locker ARB.
They don't seem to check, but if its muddy, you might need to be pulled. I seen a 4x4 ranger with BFG ATs not make it up a hill because of the mud.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7878011
If its dry, then you should have no problem on the main road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
it might be better to sort out the list before the 1month reservation, so people know who's permit they will be on, and to minimize additional costs of adding people.
Still gonna be tough, cause there is no guarantee we will get those spots.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #25
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
I'm in!! Prob bring my 10yr old daughter. My Ex prob doesn't want to go...LMAO! Iven...I got registered, so I'll just wait for that 30 window. Camp Site "B" preferred yeah? Hopefully, the new suspension will be installed...
Oooh yeah, That will be a long harsh ride if we don't get that suspension swapped out.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #27

Started building what I think will be a pretty cool little stainless steel fire pit today while at work. If it works out, we can have a campfire to sit around
Old 03-04-2014, 10:09 PM   #28
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.. Thought about a packing list already... i think I always pack for longer than needed.... cause of fishing trips, even have a battery or 12v shower/pump so kids can rinse. 5 gal cooler with hot water, at leat the kids can wash off the sweat..
Old 03-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #30

Man, May is still a long ways off. I might have to go up there this month or April...
Need to test out my new fire pit
Old 03-26-2014, 11:47 PM   #32
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Might have a first gen str8 axle joining us on Sunday. Says he does initiator. Told him I/we have walked it and will WATCH him and Jesse do it. He agreed saying anything over 10k he wouldn't take either. Lol
Old 03-27-2014, 12:23 AM   #33
Airmain is on a distinguished road
Air Force: SSgt
Name: Jes
Airmain's Tacoma Gallery
well i might be down for an april trip after i get my sliders and ,aybe i will be lucky and have a fresh new lift installed for it but defiantly good to go for may.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:27 AM   #34
Re-Member
Vanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant future

Name: Brooks
Vanguard's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Vanguard Send a message via Yahoo to Vanguard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Man, May is still a long ways off. I might have to go up there this month or April...
Need to test out my new fire pit
Let us know if you decide to go out sooner.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #35
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
Might have a first gen str8 axle joining us on Sunday. Says he does initiator. Told him I/we have walked it and will WATCH him and Jesse do it. He agreed saying anything over 10k he wouldn't take either. Lol
Some of my friends hit initiator this last weekend before I met up with them. They said it's washed out pretty bad and we might have to make a trail digging day for one part if the ruts keep washing out. And the rock wall is a V notch now.

My safety is up this month and I still haven't found an engineer that is willing to look at drawings of my frame modifications, so there's probably a good chance I won't be going.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #36
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uzrnr View Post
Some of my friends hit initiator this last weekend before I met up with them. They said it's washed out pretty bad and we might have to make a trail digging day for one part if the ruts keep washing out. And the rock wall is a V notch now.

My safety is up this month and I still haven't found an engineer that is willing to look at drawings of my frame modifications, so there's probably a good chance I won't be going.
Dang.. have you tried posting on the regular forums for an engineer? I would think that on TW we would have at least a couple from almost every profession out there..
Old 03-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #37
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
could also try and give the UH Mechanical Engineer program a try?

I've had 2 friends go through that program and they worked on the off-road buggy and electric smart car projects before graduating.

I believe they use a fluid dynamics cad program for all the r&d.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #38
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
I asked one of my professors that has his PE in structural and he said to look for a ME. I have another professor to ask, but I'm not keeping my hopes up. All the structural CE firms I've called, they suggest finding a ME, all the ME firms I call say they only do HVAC and plumbing. I can't find any firms that do machine design and I don't know if the engineers at the shipyard would be of any help either. From other engineers I know, they say it's a long shot to find a PE to sign something of this nature since there are no automotive related engineering firms in Hawaii.

I tried asking about it on Pirate and got a "your work looks good, but no PE is going to sign off on re-engineering of an engineered part".

I guess I could ask here as well, maybe someone who is more familiar with vehicles would be more comfortable.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:15 PM   #40

We only have one mechanical engineer, but hes also a naval architect. Doesn't know much about cars. I'll ask him tho.