Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

2014 Honolulu Truck Fest TW Meet

View Poll Results: Which day will you be attending Truck Fest?
Satudray AM 6 28.57%
Satudray PM 1 4.76%
Sunday AM 6 28.57%
Sunday PM 6 28.57%
Trucks are for girls, so I will not be attending out of principle (also scheduling conflict) 6 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
2014 Honolulu Truck Fest TW Meet

For anyone looking to go to Truck Fest:

I'll be there both days, but Saturday is going to be my shopping day! I'll plan on getting there around 10:00 am. (that way I'll have plenty of time to do my hair and makeup..)

I'll probably get there Sunday around 2:30-3:00 pm and stay until closing so I can get my truck.

The dates are Saturday March 8th 10:00 am-4:00 pm and Sunday March 9th 11:00 am-4:00 pm. It's in the Exhibition Hall, and for youe GPS'ers the Blaisdell's address is 777 Ward Ave. Admission should be free, but parking is usually $6.00. And if you park on the street, make sure you check no parking times on the signs.

Don't know if anyone wants to park together, but circled in blue below is where we parked last time. It is open air parking for those of you with higher trucks. If you can, follow the red path when you enter the lot (might have to come in the far left gate?). If not follow the green path which should have enough clearance, just takes a while to wind your way around.

If you get there early, expect to wait in a long line. They usually give away shirts to the first 50 or 100 people, and you can only enter through one door so it gets backed up.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably stop by either sunday morning or saturday afternoon...take a look around

I can bring tacomaworld stickers if anyone wants

might have a few TTORA Hawaii left too....gotta check
Old 02-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #3
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Nice... pretty much gonna go with the boy cause it's free.. Only really "needing" a hi-lift, but other goodies may be a had...

better price out amazon first to see if the deals are really deals...
Old 02-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Nice... pretty much gonna go with the boy cause it's free.. Only really "needing" a hi-lift, but other goodies may be a had...

better price out amazon first to see if the deals are really deals...
bring a hand truck to push your stuff around the show. Too bad they don't have shopping carts.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #6
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
I'm going on Sunday. (Working Saturday). Just need a pull strap and a shackle. Simple I'll get bump stops online.
I'll look for you Sunday afternoon!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:18 AM   #9

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I fell like you are coming down with a 24hr thing in a week or so...
Old 02-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #10
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
doubt i'll get out early enough to make either day
Im calling in sick or saying i gotah watch my daughter an make up drill another day.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:48 AM   #11

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeeznutz View Post
Im calling in sick or saying i gotah watch my daughter an make up drill another day.
^ This man's got a plan
Old 02-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #12
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeeznutz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
^ This man's got a plan
haha...I've actually never missed a drill
Old 02-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
haha...I've actually never missed a drill
Das pretty good. Once i found out i could make up drills it started a chain reaction.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:40 AM   #14
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh7nm View Post
bring a hand truck to push your stuff around the show. Too bad they don't have shopping carts.
Do they have stuff that can be bought right there??? You think they will have hi-lifts or is that gonna ship? But I may bring a backpack for some shackles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
I'm going on Sunday. (Working Saturday). Just need a pull strap and a shackle. Simple I'll get bump stops online.
Speaking about straps.. Back with my '99, I had a simple "tow strap" with hooks... Only needed to use them once.. I was reading that hooks are a big no-no. Shackles and a recovery strap is recommended. what does everyone have or suggest? length, size?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #15
Well its off to 4wp.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #16
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do they have stuff that can be bought right there??? You think they will have hi-lifts or is that gonna ship? But I may bring a backpack for some shackles.

Speaking about straps.. Back with my '99, I had a simple "tow strap" with hooks... Only needed to use them once.. I was reading that hooks are a big no-no. Shackles and a recovery strap is recommended. what does everyone have or suggest? length, size?
Going to be looking for a bubba rope 7/8 x 20' at the show. Here's there website: http://www.bubbarope.com/compact-pro...de-snatch-rope

They should have them, the trick is look at where all the vendors are located at the show. You have to carry your stuff you want to purchase around and pay in the middle of the blasidell. The heavy stuff like winches you can drive up in the back and pick them up. Hi lifts suckers are heavy.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:21 AM   #17

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
This will be the first show I have been to so the tips are definitely appreciated.. So let me get this straight..
-Things will be sold all around, but then you have to carry your stuff to one main sales area?
-Because of this, are backpacks not allowed?
-Hi-lifts and such may need to be carried or picked-up
-Possibly have a handtruck in the bed if I need to take from the show itself..

Anything else?
Old 02-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #18

Navy:
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This will be the first show I have been to so the tips are definitely appreciated.. So let me get this straight..
-Things will be sold all around, but then you have to carry your stuff to one main sales area? Yes
-Because of this, are backpacks not allowed? Not to sure you may want to call 4wheelparts and ask them ahead of time.

Anything else?
Bring a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you going to a big boys toy store.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #19

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
-Things will be sold all around, but then you have to carry your stuff to one main sales area?
-Because of this, are backpacks not allowed?

Anything else?
They will be selling stuff at every booth! Most cases they just give you the order form and once you pay then you bring them back the receipt and they give you your stuff. At least thats how it worked with the big stuff last time I went.

I think backpacks are fine, but they may want to look at them before you leave? They usually give a plastic bag for stickers and stuff when you enter. p.s. there will be a lot of FREE stickers

And it might be worth it to have a hand truck for really big stuff, but if its really that big I'm sure you could get one of the 4WP guys to meet you at the loading entrance, or get one of us to wait by the curb with it.

Products Discussed in this Thread