Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Oahu Members RC Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2014, 01:26 AM   #41
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Just snapped these real quick. you can see how dusty they are
CR-01 is more of a crawler, and is set up for 4ws, and the CC-01 is more or a scale trail chassis, and is kinda cool cause it has IFS. Hoping to get a taco body on it

Alum frame rails, and has versatile axles. Easy to stretch out or run different shock configurations.

You can also lock either differential by inserting a pin into the pumpkin.
Attached Thumbnails
Oahu Members RC Thread-image-1024x768-.jpg   Oahu Members RC Thread-image-1-1024x768-.jpg   Oahu Members RC Thread-image-2-1024x768-.jpg  
Old 05-08-2014, 01:31 AM   #43
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CC-01

I'll never get rid of either summits tho... Little one is VXL brushless

And keeping the sumo VMX450. Has disk brake, real chain drive, and fast brushless motor I also have dirt tires, but I hate cleaning, so it stays on supermoto duty.
Attached Thumbnails
Oahu Members RC Thread-image3-1024x768-.jpg   Oahu Members RC Thread-image-1024x768-2-.jpg   Oahu Members RC Thread-image-3-1024x768-.jpg   Oahu Members RC Thread-image-4-1024x768-.jpg  
Old 05-08-2014, 01:33 AM   #44
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Too small Doesn't even state what KV.
I used to run that motor in my minis. Had a Tamtech frog with that motor in 8000kv, and street tires. Was pretty insane.
So what does the 1/16 take? 540?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsblaine View Post
clodbuster (desk queen)

blitz (stock)
blitz flux (2s lipo)
Nice Clod! I had a USA-1 a long, long time ago.. But I wanna see them Blitz run!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:37 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
So what does the 1/16 take? 540?
It uses a 380 motor, but mine is already brushless. Some guys run big block 540s tho.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:14 AM   #47
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
if anyone can believe this, my Savage had a little punch control on it, and start power set to medium from when I had my old batteries.. I took the punch control off, set start power to high, gave it +2 deg of timing, and added .2v to the BEC so maybe it will steer a little stronger until I can get a better servo. It's a beast now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsblaine View Post
I'm pretty sure it's going to be hard for me to keep up with the traxxas crew. My driving needs work.
That's okay, I'm an HPI man my E-Firestorm is pretty much the same truck at heart.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #48
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
think i might buy this for my slash.... i need some opinions or alternatives... what batteries should i be looking for?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ar_Lipoly.html
Old 05-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #49
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Ive never used hobbyking before was always buying off ebay or towerhobbies. But by price an specs id say thats a good deal.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #50

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I have only used hobbyking stuff once or twice, and I wasn't impressed, but that's a great deal for the specs! As long as it works like the sticker says it will, then it will do more than you need it to.

I'm running two of these right now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work best in my 2wd because of the top mount terminals, but they work in the Savage. Plenty of power, just the wires stick out the side of the body..
Old 05-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #51
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
I liked my thunder power an tenergy lipos.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #52

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I use Tenergy 18650's
Old 05-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #53
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post
think i might buy this for my slash.... i need some opinions or alternatives... what batteries should i be looking for?

Depends on what motor and esc you are running in your slash. I use cheap batteries, its not like we're racing competitively.
Depending on gearing and usage, and especially connectors, you can ruin just about any battery. I've used Gens ace for awhile, they are pretty good, and have a good C rating. I've been using these ecopowers from Amainhobbies.com. and they are pretty good. Not as high of a C rating, but they're more than enough for a stock slash vxl brushless.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...-ROAR-Approved

Best batteries I have used are thunderpower, but they cost almost 4x as much. Not worth it to me. Better to have 4 more batteries charged and ready to play!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:49 PM   #54
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

looks like hobbyking doesnt ship to us.... so never mind... i need help finding a good affordable battery... i want mine to move like brandons
Old 05-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #55

I have bought many lipos from hobby king. Turnigy nano tech. Pretty good.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:40 PM   #56
808 Member

maybe its my work computer then... ill try again at home. if not ill call tomorrow
Old 05-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #57

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I think USPS changed their policy last year that they will no longer ship Lithium batteries. Maybe that's why they won't ship? Would have to go UPS or FedEx?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #58

xmods's Tacoma Gallery
I keep having a problem with my hex hubs sticking in the wheels, and the only 14mm locking hubs I could find are $20! So I spent $0.92 at city mill and locked mine

And this is what I'm looking at now..

Row 4 should be +5%, but what can ya do.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #59
Upsblaine is a splendid one to beholdUpsblaine is a splendid one to beholdUpsblaine is a splendid one to beholdUpsblaine is a splendid one to beholdUpsblaine is a splendid one to beholdUpsblaine is a splendid one to beholdUpsblaine is a splendid one to behold

Name: Blaine
Upsblaine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WailuaTaco808 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmods View Post
I think USPS changed their policy last year that they will no longer ship Lithium batteries. Maybe that's why they won't ship? Would have to go UPS or FedEx?
I just ordered batteries from SPC racing. $32 for a 2s 5000mah. They used USPS.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:05 AM   #60
808 Member

Thanks blane for sharing SPC i just ordered my batteries from them I tried one more time with hobbyking and it didn't work. their loss. Paid roughly the same price i would imagine for slightly similar batteries.

Products Discussed in this Thread