Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Bellows Summer Camping Trip August 15-17 2014

Old 06-14-2014, 12:30 AM   #42
Re-Member
Vanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant future

Name: Brooks
Vanguard's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Vanguard Send a message via Yahoo to Vanguard
Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
LOL...It might just be Miss Hawaii right now. I met a fill in...
you're a slut!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #44
Re-Member
Vanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant futureVanguard has a brilliant future

Oh yeah and btw...be sure to read the 1st post on this thread for any changes or updates to our plans. That way it's all consolidated in one place.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #45
polekasta is on a distinguished road
polekasta's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE on my part. I won't be able to make it to this camp outing. I just found out I have a job to do that Saturday.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:08 PM   #46
Re-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polekasta View Post
UPDATE on my part. I won't be able to make it to this camp outing. I just found out I have a job to do that Saturday.
bummer...well you're welcome to come and hang out whenever.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:43 PM   #47
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Marines: Sgt, MCBH Mals-24
Name: Ratha
I5runner's Tacoma Gallery
Is this thing still going to happen? seems like it died out, got a list of whos all going yet?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:39 AM   #49
Re-Member

Yeah, sorry I just got back from the 2nd of my 3 summer trips so let's get back on the planning for this! We're just about exactly 30 days away and so far this is what I have

@=Staying over *=Day Pass ?=? (duh)

@Brooks (Me)
@Neil
@Ratha
@Leo
@Rick
*Iven
*Brian
?Phil
?Miles

Of the @'s can I please get volunteers that can without a doubt participate in the aquisition of the camping spots? It'll also be good if we can get an approximate head count from each party so we can guestimate how much space we'll actually need.

How do you guys feel about planning atleast one night or meals as a group? I think for the Peacock Flats trip one potluck meal was done or maybe it was dinners not sure. But, that would be pretty cool if we could plan atleast one group meal.

Games
Crab Hunt- I also know there will be a bunch of kids and it's been a tradition that we take the kids on a crab hunting competition. So make sre you guys bring buckets, flashlights, nets and any other gear tha you feel will help you catch the biggest crab!

Portagee Horseshoes- This is my game of choice for the adults and I have a set of boxes I will bring.

Anyone else have any ideas?

That's all I've got for now but could use some help to put everything together. Neil I nominate you co-chair on this! I'll update the to the main page for easy reference.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:01 AM   #50
I5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud ofI5runner has much to be proud of
Nice, job on the updates. Lmk what you need help with. I can grab a site, but everytime I try to book a spot (in the past) it's all taken.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #51
Re-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I5runner View Post
Nice, job on the updates. Lmk what you need help with. I can grab a site, but everytime I try to book a spot (in the past) it's all taken.
Thanks! I know in the past I used to have to sit at the satelite city hall to get the best spots. Now that they're available online I believe it's a matter of being on your computer waiting for the right time to snatch them. After all is said and done if we have atleast 4 people trying to snatch a couple spots I'm sure we'll come out with a few spots that we can work with. I know the guys had to do the same thing for the Peacock Flats trip so if anyone can let us know what the rules are for the timing that would be great! Like what time they had to log in and pick.

Ratha how many people you're bringing?
Old 07-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #52
808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough808leo is a jewel in the rough

808leo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
Yeah, sorry I just got back from the 2nd of my 3 summer trips so let's get back on the planning for this! We're just about exactly 30 days away and so far this is what I have

@=Staying over *=Day Pass ?=? (duh)

@Brooks (Me)
@Neil
@Ratha
@Leo
@Rick
*Iven
*Brian
?Phil
?Miles

Of the @'s can I please get volunteers that can without a doubt participate in the aquisition of the camping spots? It'll also be good if we can get an approximate head count from each party so we can guestimate how much space we'll actually need.

How do you guys feel about planning atleast one night or meals as a group? I think for the Peacock Flats trip one potluck meal was done or maybe it was dinners not sure. But, that would be pretty cool if we could plan atleast one group meal.

Games
Crab Hunt- I also know there will be a bunch of kids and it's been a tradition that we take the kids on a crab hunting competition. So make sre you guys bring buckets, flashlights, nets and any other gear tha you feel will help you catch the biggest crab!

Portagee Horseshoes- This is my game of choice for the adults and I have a set of boxes I will bring.

Anyone else have any ideas?

That's all I've got for now but could use some help to put everything together. Neil I nominate you co-chair on this! I'll update the to the main page for easy reference.
Don't think I'll be able to camp over, BUT i'll def be there to cruise and some drinks! Don't think we need day passes; I was just there 4th of july weekend and just drove right in.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #53
Re-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808leo View Post
Don't think I'll be able to camp over, BUT i'll def be there to cruise and some drinks! Don't think we need day passes; I was just there 4th of july weekend and just drove right in.
The day pass thing was just being playful since I had to get a day pass for Peacock Flats and ended up not even going! Guest appearances are welcome!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:56 AM   #57
polekasta is on a distinguished road
polekasta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
Looks like we can only reserve a week out I guess...hmmm I'll be ready
FYI.
You are able to reserve campsites from city run parks 2 weeks prior to the Friday that you plan to camp. August 1st @5pm is when you'd be able to reserve a campsite. Cost will be $32 per site.

To my knowledge, Bellows fills up quickly, so gotta be ready, signed in to the city site @ https://camping.honolulu.gov/ before 5 pm and keep refreshing the page (with the correct date in the start box) till the sites become available.

I don't know if anybody checks permits at Bellows, but each permit allows for 3 vehicles which needs a parking pass. Make, model, year, color, and license number is required to print up the parking passes. Hopefully nobody comes around and checks parking passes and only checks camping permits.

I go thru this yearly when I take my family camping, so I'm just passing on info to make getting permits easier (hopefully)
Old 07-22-2014, 12:36 AM   #58
I will have 2 adult 2 kids, and trying to reserve campsite 50 or at least one along the beach. I think doing pot luck would be the best Idea. PM me if there is somthing else I missed or if you want me to help with somthing specific.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:39 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by polekasta View Post
FYI.
You are able to reserve campsites from city run parks 2 weeks prior to the Friday that you plan to camp. August 1st @5pm is when you'd be able to reserve a campsite. Cost will be $32 per site.

To my knowledge, Bellows fills up quickly, so gotta be ready, signed in to the city site @ https://camping.honolulu.gov/ before 5 pm and keep refreshing the page (with the correct date in the start box) till the sites become available.

I don't know if anybody checks permits at Bellows, but each permit allows for 3 vehicles which needs a parking pass. Make, model, year, color, and license number is required to print up the parking passes. Hopefully nobody comes around and checks parking passes and only checks camping permits.

I go thru this yearly when I take my family camping, so I'm just passing on info to make getting permits easier (hopefully)

I been looking to camp at Bellows since I found out about it, but it seem to always be booked up. It's no joke that you will have to no shit have an account and logged in before 5pm Fri to reserve. Campsites at Bellows always go really fast so thoes who will be reserving dont take this lightly.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #60
Re-Member

Quote:
I will have 2 adult 2 kids, and trying to reserve campsite 50 or at least one along the beach. I think doing pot luck would be the best Idea. PM me if there is somthing else I missed or if you want me to help with somthing specific.
Quote:
I been looking to camp at Bellows since I found out about it, but it seem to always be booked up. It's no joke that you will have to no shit have an account and logged in before 5pm Fri to reserve. Campsites at Bellows always go really fast so thoes who will be reserving dont take this lightly.
yeah reserving sites is no joke. I went by this past weekend and it was completely filled! I was able to drive in and climb a hill that no one else could get to along the beach though.

I'll be flying back from Hilo at that time but have a stand in to reserve on my behalf. I'll be going for the sites on the opposite side of the bathroom from you. Be prepared to have a backup site incase the first one is taken. If we end up gettin sites not next to each other then we'll just make it work. We'll plan on one potluck meal.