1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fan Stopped

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Ragamorph, May 13, 2014.

1. May 13, 2014 at 8:08 PM
    Ragamorph

Ragamorph [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    ‘06 TRD Off-road 4x4, Manual, Access Cab
    Fab Fours pre-runner front/rear bumper, Anzo projector Head/tail/3rd brake lights. JL door speakers, JL amp, JL StealthBox (center console), Double din aftermarket deck. Weather tech floor mats, SOS Concept Sliders, 3” lift, steel skid plate, Fuel 20x10 wheels, 285 tires, low profile steel bed rail and tailgate caps, K/N high flow intake, Warn winch, and so much more.
    Hey guys. Had this in the general forum and didn't really get any constructive answers. Any of you know anything about it?
    ---------------------
    Hey guys and gals. Is there a fuse specifically for the fans in our trucks? My cabin fan just up and stopped working. It was working, I turned off the truck and got back in 10 mins later and it wasn't working. I checked the plugs into the back of the panel, they seem fine. The A/C button, temp control knob, and (I assume) the blower selection knob are all working. The fan just won't turn on. I looked in the fuse box and don't see one specifically for the fan.

Anyone else have this issue? Was it the switches in the knob?

Thanks for any info.

Someone told me to bang the panel around a bit and see if the switch was stuck. That didn't help.

2. May 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    Try and crawl under the passenger foot area, look for a module with a connector and see if it's melted, it'll be straight down from the left side of the glovebox

3. May 13, 2014 at 9:38 PM
    Ragamorph

Ragamorph [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    ‘06 TRD Off-road 4x4, Manual, Access Cab
    Fab Fours pre-runner front/rear bumper, Anzo projector Head/tail/3rd brake lights. JL door speakers, JL amp, JL StealthBox (center console), Double din aftermarket deck. Weather tech floor mats, SOS Concept Sliders, 3” lift, steel skid plate, Fuel 20x10 wheels, 285 tires, low profile steel bed rail and tailgate caps, K/N high flow intake, Warn winch, and so much more.
    Will do tomorrow, Mike. Thanks!

4. May 13, 2014 at 10:04 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    Could also check and see if the fan works on high. A melted out plug is starting to be a common thing on 06s

5. May 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM
    1uzrnr

1uzrnr The NotaRC 4runner :D

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    86 Samurai stockish
    Couple
    I had to replace the plug to the fan resistor. The pigtail was fairly cheap from Toyota.

Products Discussed in

To Top