Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Rid of Hawaii Recon Now!

Old 06-01-2014, 01:50 PM   #21
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
i sent a brief email to Kidani so hopefully it will help a lil
Old 06-02-2014, 01:37 AM   #22
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
I'll get on it tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #23
OneSweet4Runner is on a distinguished road
OneSweet4Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys! 1uz, keep us informed....
Old 06-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #24
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just opened and read the PDF file. I also noticed that everything having to do with a "reconstructed" vehicle has been crossed out. It looks as if if the bill was changed to register special interest vehicles, like kit cars. So, this is what I "think" might happen. If recon goes way (which it won't) then the safety check laws will get more strict and a lot of modifications will be all together outlawed.

Bottom line. If you want me to support a bill it needs to state in black and white that a reconstruction permit will not be required for vehicle modification and provide a list of exactly what is and is not a legal modification. And who has the final say? Who makes and enforce the rules? Some part time Jiffy Lube mechanic who has no clue what they are doing? It is gonna be and endless argument of what is and is not a legal or illegal modification.

Recon and Safety will not go away. Just gotta deal with either not getting caught or keeping your truck legal.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #25
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
its crap like this that makes me happy i may not be on oahu in a few months. good thing kauai has it right for now
Old 06-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #26
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
I'm honestly not trying to be negative, but we do have to remember that driving is a privilege, not a right. With that said, sure we have the rights to modify our personal vehicles but in the end it's on public roads...so whatever they deem safe(however outrageous it may be) will be law. We're lucky to be able to do any modifying, because worst case scenario, they could take it all away. That'll be pretty much black and white.

But like i said before, I'd hate to have an improperly lifted truck come up behind me and hurt me or anyone else just because they got hookups for safety check. So my solution, is to keep recon around but adjust it.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:54 AM   #27
OneSweet4Runner is on a distinguished road
OneSweet4Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Well, what everyone who has a modified vehicle who also has passed their recon don't realize is that on the bottom of that sticker it also says "revocable." Now, if its revocable, then that means it can be take alway from you at any given time The fact that a for what ever reason it was taken away from you in the first place....which means, you would need to go through All that red tape, just to have it reissued to you.....now, is this logical? If we get rid of it all together, then no need worry! ....The fact that there was a bill introduced to get rid of it means that someone or someone in the legislation system is also not happy with it, and they they are on OUR side...so we should support these guys, and tell them, please push for the little guys!