Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Rid of Hawaii Recon Now!

Old 05-29-2014, 01:55 AM   #1
OneSweet4Runner is on a distinguished road
OneSweet4Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Rid of Hawaii Recon Now!

Hello all, is everyone in on this with me? I need help to get rid of the recon law, but I simply can't do it on my own, I'm gonna need EVERYONE'S help.....is everyone with me on this one??
Old 05-29-2014, 02:32 AM   #3
TRDeeznutz will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 154 ces
Name: Kaleo
TRDeeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to get rid of recon is a dead end street bu.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:52 AM   #4
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
This has been discussed already.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/haw...-petition.html
Old 05-29-2014, 06:24 AM   #5
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
You might as well include getting rid of the safety check law. IMHO it'll never happen.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 AM   #6
Negative

Fellas, don't be so negative! Did you guys know that last year four representatives introduced a bill, better know as HB 584 that was to end the recon law? It became a dead law by year ending, but the good news is that it can be reintroduced next year! Email, write, or call any and all of the current representatives/senators and ask them to reintroduce it next year...I've been doing my part, and so far a few of them are going to introduce it. But they're only hearing from me, we need more voices to be heard! Be optimistic, this can happen! Also, join SEMAsan.com and they can also help, they give pointers on how to approach them, and info on how to contact them...
Old 05-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a link to the bill that was killed?? With all due respect (and not trying to be negative), but anything that is "perceived" to make money will never be killed by a Democratic government. Taxes and fees help pay for other things (even though in reality it may loose money).

Case and point for the concealed carry law here.. It has been introduced and re-introduced a number of times, but always get shot down by the current ruling party.

I'll read the law and see what it says, I'll even throw out a couple e-mails, but not sure what kind of good it will do.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweet4Runner View Post
Fellas, don't be so negative! Did you guys know that last year four representatives introduced a bill, better know as HB 584 that was to end the recon law? It became a dead law by year ending, but the good news is that it can be reintroduced next year! Email, write, or call any and all of the current representatives/senators and ask them to reintroduce it next year...I've been doing my part, and so far a few of them are going to introduce it. But they're only hearing from me, we need more voices to be heard! Be optimistic, this can happen! Also, join SEMAsan.com and they can also help, they give pointers on how to approach them, and info on how to contact them...
Googled HB 584 and it comes out relating to county zoning 2011-2012.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #9
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Do you have a link to the bill that was killed?? With all due respect (and not trying to be negative), but anything that is "perceived" to make money will never be killed by a Democratic government. Taxes and fees help pay for other things (even though in reality it may loose money).

Case and point for the concealed carry law here.. It has been introduced and re-introduced a number of times, but always get shot down by the current ruling party.

I'll read the law and see what it says, I'll even throw out a couple e-mails, but not sure what kind of good it will do.
Concealed carry is allowable here, but the Chief of Police is the issuer...and 0 permits have been issued.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh7nm View Post
Googled HB 584 and it comes out relating to county zoning 2011-2012.
And 2013-14 is this. http://openstates.org/hi/bills/2013%...Session/HB584/

OneSweetRunner, thanks for contacting me and bringing it to my attention. I will be sure to write all of my representatives and pass this on to everyone else I know that is affected by Recon.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #11
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
So if this were to happen, would we end up falling under special interest vehicles like antiques and VW buggys?
Old 05-30-2014, 02:47 AM   #13
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
In all honesty, I feel like having recon is better than not having recon...sure they should/could alter the standards, but I feel safer with it around. Hate to see a half-assed built car or truck next to me in traffic cause an accident that could've been prevented with recon around.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #14
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
I just opened the bill (PDF) and see that there is a bunch of stuff crossed out.. Are they just resubmitting an amended bill? If so, what are the specifics to the bill that is being introduced?
Old 05-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #15
Rid Recon

Well, I guess the problem is that the rules are always changing. I have a friend who already had recon, but recently went back to update his recon because he did more mods....well in the end where a c-notch had previously passed, now did not pass. But he already had his recon with the c-notch. So now they tagged his truck and can no longer obtain a recon....why are we told how high or how low we are allows to go when in the other states they can do anything their heart desires? And accidents related to modified vehicles? Nope, it's all user errors.....in any case, I've been in contact with a few of them, and they are wiling to reintroduce it...if it is, they say that there will be a hearing for it. And when it does, we are all requested to be there to say our part. It may not be removed, but I say lets try....the more voices that's heard, the stronger we are...
Old 06-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #16
The NotaRC 4runner :D
1uzrnr is on a distinguished road

Navy: Vetran
1uzrnr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweet4Runner View Post
Well, I guess the problem is that the rules are always changing. I have a friend who already had recon, but recently went back to update his recon because he did more mods....well in the end where a c-notch had previously passed, now did not pass. But he already had his recon with the c-notch. So now they tagged his truck and can no longer obtain a recon....why are we told how high or how low we are allows to go when in the other states they can do anything their heart desires? And accidents related to modified vehicles? Nope, it's all user errors.....in any case, I've been in contact with a few of them, and they are wiling to reintroduce it...if it is, they say that there will be a hearing for it. And when it does, we are all requested to be there to say our part. It may not be removed, but I say lets try....the more voices that's heard, the stronger we are...
This is my problem with recon and the fact they don't keep up with modification trends. This is why the attorney generals office is writing an amendment to the recon law that takes out the design requirements.

I will be back on Oahu tomorrow night and will be contacting the AG's office to find out the details of the changes and see if I can give any input.

Also, I think the safety check inspectors need more qualifications and given more responsibility. Adding basic items like tire coverage, bumper height (high and low), headlight height, lighting requirements, and other simple items would go a long way for everyone. One inspection from a knowledgeable person is more logical than getting two from two places that morons work.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:22 AM   #17
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uzrnr View Post
One inspection from a knowledgeable person is more logical than getting two from two places that morons work.
the fact that this has to be pointed out shows how sad the system is
Old 06-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #18
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
all i can say is.... im in

a little bit of effort can go a long way
Old 06-01-2014, 01:51 AM   #19
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I agree. Last time I went in for a "safety inspection" the cashier girl came out and basically turned on my blinkers, hit the horn and gave me a sticker. This was before the new safety thing where they take pictures tho. But it didn't really make me feel "safe". If they want to keep calling it a safety inspection, they should dig down deep and check shit like brakes and suspension. Get rid of recon and do a real safety inspection that would keep improperly maintained vehicles off the road.
Old 06-01-2014, 03:47 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1uzrnr View Post
This is my problem with recon and the fact they don't keep up with modification trends. This is why the attorney generals office is writing an amendment to the recon law that takes out the design requirements.

I will be back on Oahu tomorrow night and will be contacting the AG's office to find out the details of the changes and see if I can give any input.

Also, I think the safety check inspectors need more qualifications and given more responsibility. Adding basic items like tire coverage, bumper height (high and low), headlight height, lighting requirements, and other simple items would go a long way for everyone. One inspection from a knowledgeable person is more logical than getting two from two places that morons work.
Yup! And that's my point! You can have two exactly the same vehicles, with the same exact mods, yet one passes the recon with one inspector, and the other doesn't pass with a different inspector...

Anyways, I agree a little effort goes a LONG way! I've been in contact with Senator Michelle Kidani, and she's intereted on reintroducing this bill...her email is mailto:senkidani@capitol.hawaii.gov, contact her, and tell her that you LOVE this hobby, and if she can reintroduce bill HB 584.....we all must do our part...