Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Squeaky Leaf Springs Question

Old 08-04-2014, 04:52 AM   #1
BronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Bronson
BronsDaGreat's Tacoma Gallery
Squeaky Leaf Springs Question

I get the Fabtech 6 inch lift with the AAL and blocks in the rear.. My leaf springs squeak like crazy! Anyone else dealing with this or now a fix? I lube constantly and that fricka still squeaks! Any suggestions?
Old 08-04-2014, 05:07 AM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Check and make sure you cut off the leaf brackets the metal C clamps near the ends

I didnt when I installed my AAL and it squeaked all day

With the AAL it should have come with new C clamps and if they overlap or the AAL touches the old ones it will cause a squeak
Old 08-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronsDaGreat View Post
I get the Fabtech 6 inch lift with the AAL and blocks in the rear.. My leaf springs squeak like crazy! Anyone else dealing with this or now a fix? I lube constantly and that fricka still squeaks! Any suggestions?
Pond liner between the AAL and the leaf pack.. get the thick stuff (which also means expensive) from lowes.. I've been meaning to put up a GB (just for oahu peeps) and split the roll. Its over $100, but you really only need a little 2 or 3 inch squares.. or you could cut a small strip and wrap...

i haven't gotten around to it yet, but if you buy it and cut it up, I'm sure a couple guys would split it with you. Even 6 guys would be about $20 a person and you would have choke..
Old 08-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #4
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
^THIS.

Here's OZ's thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...rs-dakars.html
Old 08-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have sold some strips to members here

Have some still if interested..
Old 08-04-2014, 12:32 PM   #6
BronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBronsDaGreat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Bronson
BronsDaGreat's Tacoma Gallery
I not sure if the clamps were cut. Maui off road did em. Newbie question but which leaf is the AAL? Is it the top one? I got to find this damn squeak!!! I going check out lowes. Mahaloz guys.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
Ben550 is on a distinguished road

Ben550's Tacoma Gallery
I saw one guy stuck cut up bike tire tubes in between his springs. He said that worked. I was thinking of giving that a try. The squeak is very irritating.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #9
DCSBORFTMFW

I used this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oatey-5-f...1630/100119279

I didn't pay that price though. I got whatever was left on the roll, approx 4x2 section for $5

I still have some left over.