Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Advice needed: small dent

Old 09-08-2014, 11:17 PM   #1
Itstrend is on a distinguished road
Name: Tj
Itstrend's Tacoma Gallery
Advice needed: small dent

That dreaded feeling getting my first dent on my new truck. I work construction and one of the apprentices ding my side putting my saw in. 😡

I know it's small but what would the quote be to fix this ?

Also I remember getting some kind of scratch and dent protection when first buying,but from what the servco reps said,it only covers doors.
Advice needed: small dent-image.jpg
Old 09-09-2014, 01:13 AM   #4
koditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkoditten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kirk
koditten's Tacoma Gallery
I hate to say it,but I think it is a good thing you got the dent. Your a contractor, you are using the truck to make a living. You are going to get more dings in that profession.

I'd just live with it. I got lots of dings and they do nothing to prevent the truck from doing what its supposed to do.

I know that first ding is painfull, but it happens.

What will really piss you off is when you go and fix it and then the next week you get another ding. That really sucks.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:50 AM   #5
Itstrend is on a distinguished road
Name: Tj
Itstrend's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the advice guys. 👍👍👍👍👍
Old 09-09-2014, 02:13 AM   #6
thewarriordinghy is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
thewarriordinghy's Tacoma Gallery
sometimes, you can reach behind the dent and pop it back, but I doubt that with where yours is
Old 09-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #7
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Yeah I would try that had someone do my fender few years back cause some lady hit my fender

And don't feel too bad...could have been worse!
what was that from??? And obviously the slider couldn't have saved you.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:35 AM   #9
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
My power coated tailgate cap might cover that, depending on how far down it is.

I might even be able to make you a special one that extends farther down.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #10
Middle Age Member
oldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to beholdoldstick is a splendid one to behold
oldstick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstrend View Post
That dreaded feeling getting my first dent on my new truck. I work construction and one of the apprentices ding my side putting my saw in. ��

I know it's small but what would the quote be to fix this ?

Also I remember getting some kind of scratch and dent protection when first buying,but from what the servco reps said,it only covers doors.
Attachment 288643

I know the feeling, I have a couple dents just like that in exactly the same location, but I did it to myself. Was backed up in a small ditch to get the tailgate down low so I could load up a very heavy push mower. Had the mower a little too close when I levered up the front wheels which jacked up/scratched the tailgate