Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Will I pass safety?

Old 10-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #1
Robman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
Robman's Tacoma Gallery
Will I pass safety?

Got these sweet new TRD Pro wheels and i'm concerned that I will have a safety check issue. I've read the threads on recon and I'm not sure if this is going to be a problem.

Factory Wheels/Tires
Size: 17" x 7.5"
Offset: 30mm
Tires: Bridgestone Dueller HT 265/65/17
Tread Width: 7.2"

TRD Pro Wheels Tires
Size: 17" x 7"
Offset: 4mm
Tires: BFG AT / KO 265/70/17
Tread Width: 9"

With the new offset, my wheels now sit .78" further from the hub and the width of the tread is 1.8" greater or .9" on either side.
.9 + .78 = 1.68"

Is this going to be a problem. Its easy to fake a picture but I tried to take this dead on. I also dropped a plum line from the top and it does not touch the tread but it does touch the sidewall. Can anyone say for sure if I'll have a problem with this? Can some one point me to the text on the city site that addresses this?

Mahalo!

Top View

Mudflap View
Old 10-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Can't say for sure. Should be OK. The intent of the rule is to prevent dust and road spray from being kicked up by the tires. If the tread portion of the tire stays within the fender width, the intent is achieved.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:08 PM   #3
crazy kanaka is on a distinguished road
crazy kanaka's Tacoma Gallery
I think you'll be fine. If not you can always argue that the TRD wheels are an OEM product. If I recall correctly there are exceptions that relate OEM specification.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:42 PM   #5
xurusaibobx is on a distinguished road
xurusaibobx's Tacoma Gallery
so long the thread is covered its should pass.. i would pass it
Old 10-16-2014, 01:55 AM   #6
808DAKINE is on a distinguished road

Name: Kai
808DAKINE's Tacoma Gallery
should be fine.. there more or less looking for these lmao
Old 10-16-2014, 06:30 AM   #7
hoenah808 will become famous soon enough
hoenah808's Tacoma Gallery
should pass no problem. id be shocked of it didnt pass
Old 10-17-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
GrtSaint72 is on a distinguished road

GrtSaint72's Tacoma Gallery
Should pass. The tread cannot pass outside the flare. Yours looks to be just the sidewall. It looks good to me.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #10
Robman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Robman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone. Looks promising but I may hold on to my factory wheels till I pass the first one.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:46 AM   #11
My Toys.....
TRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to allTRDGRL is a name known to all

Name: TRDGRL
TRDGRL's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't pass let me know.....I have a safety connection....
Old 10-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #12
Robman's Tacoma Gallery
Mahalo! It will be about 18 months though.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:31 PM   #13
Marcs2012 is on a distinguished road

Marcs2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDGRL View Post
If you don't pass let me know.....I have a safety connection....
@trdgirl Can you get safety check with eyelids and led projector fog lights? Without removing anything? Lmk thanks
Old 10-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #14
zboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedzboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
zboy's Tacoma Gallery
I passed safety you will be fineull
Old 10-30-2014, 07:30 AM   #15
Robman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy View Post
I passed safety you will be fineull
Sweet!!!