1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question regarding drop bracket lift kits and sway bar end links

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by BronsDaGreat, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Dec 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM
    BronsDaGreat

BronsDaGreat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bronson
    Wahiawa, HI
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD Sport DCSB
    6" FabTech Lift 20x12 Fuel Hostage Wheels 33x12.5 Toyo M/T Camburg Uni's UCA Spintech Muffler AppRadio 3 BHLM Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners WeatherTech Vent Visors 6000k HID Headlights and fogs All Lighting Changed To LED AntennaX 13" Antenna Ceramic Tint K&N Drop In Filter Fully Debadged Blacked Out Emblem
    Not much of a mechanic but i need help as this is driving me crazy.. I have the 6 inch fabtech DB lift lit and my sway bar end links rattle pretty loud when going over the slightest bump.. I have already had them switched twice through maui off road but am wondering if this is normal or not.. I never really hear other trucks with rattling coming from their sway bars.. I am having a hard time believing that this is normal as that is the impression i am getting from the shop. Any answers will surely be appreciated.. Mahaloz...

2. Dec 7, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    kh7nm

kh7nm Stay Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Miles
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DC 4x4 TX PRO Off Road
    What have you done to your truck lately
    Just get rid of your sway bar don't really need it unless u like to speed on turns.:D take it off and see if the noise goes away.

3. Dec 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    bkiel311

bkiel311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Kenosha, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
    4" BDS lift with Fox suspension, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flares, 33" Mickey Thompson ATZ All Terrain on Fuel Hostages
    I have a 4" BDS lift with the Fox 2.0 upgrade which is a DB. Got it done through Maui Off-Road as well. I didn't have the rattle issue. However, when Miles was helping me install my new bumper we took off the sway bar. There wasn't a difference in noise at all, just how it drives and it's a lot smoother. Personally I like how it handles without the bar on. It did just fine on the S-turns going to Sandy's after getting off the 1.

Products Discussed in

To Top