1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Haole moving from Ca to Oahu

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by milver, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Jan 20, 2015 at 11:16 PM
    tx novice

tx novice Foward momentum

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    OAHU
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TX PRO silver
    Trd, Cal Tech, Weather tech, Viper, Al's tinting . L.E.D's , Hide a Hitch or Chrome Stinger , Walker Evans Resi's w/AllPro 3" lift ,FLM, ProComp Xtreme MT2 , Diff Breather Mod, 4x4 Switch Light mod, Plastic Derped. Trailer Socket Relocate mod via Miles , 4:56 G2 gears. Blue Intake Spacer, S.S. Brake Lines F&R, Sway Bar Deleted, Roll-X, Pop-N-Lock Electric. Red metal TRD badges. Paid Off Mod- Chee Hu, Superbumbs(f),Timbrens(r).Pelfrey Bilt, Bamf, Urd. Cobra Heat Shield.CMC .Mishimoto (custom bracket by Nate), Powerstop, Rampage 50".Depo Taillights,SPPC Black Headlights, Rigid Industries. Factor 55.American AirFlow.
    Sick truck man. Well for starters you' ll never see that kind of play on Oahu. Youll need rear mud flaps and to cover the threads on your front wheels. Alignment will have to be in spec. Ive seen long travel trucks here with recon so, will have to see how yours was done.

2. Jan 20, 2015 at 11:41 PM
    reece54

reece54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reece
    Vehicle:
    16' 4x4 trd off-road
    Are you stealth mafia on Instagram?

3. Jan 21, 2015 at 2:36 PM
    senojeelnodnarb

senojeelnodnarb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oahu, HI /Canton, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 TRD OR, 6-Spd Manual
    Fully De-Badged, Mossy Oak seat covers, Fog Light anytime mod, Custom Bed Light Bar, flowmaster 40 series, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Painted Stock TRD Rims, Custom Plate Bumper, High-Lift Bed Mount, Ballacula Trailer Plug Relocate, Rear Seat Dog Platform, sunglasses holder Switch panel, 2" lift, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, custom sliders, + a shit load more,
    Mainly trail riding and an occasional mud hole. Nothing to stretch out the LT

4. Jan 21, 2015 at 5:47 PM
    milver

milver [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    taylor
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Long Travel 2005 Colorado
    Thanks dude. And yeah so I'll have to add some mudflaps and then add some ghetto rigged fender flares on top of my fiberglass so I can cover the tire from sticking out.

haha yeah :anonymous:

You guys definitely have some gnarly trails over there from the pics I've seen. I'm sure I could have a little fun out there on the more flatter trails

5. Jan 21, 2015 at 6:52 PM
    Cohbsteq

Cohbsteq Hood Rat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    SL,UT
    Vehicle:
    02 Supercharged 4x4
    Pretty much stock with some crap welded to it.
    This^^^ cheap! good motor (4.0) I beam set up, they are cheaper to build, tons of parts, not saying they are "better" you can put suspension on anything and go jump it, they are just a cheap platform and very popular to build in the lt world.

6. Jan 26, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    Vanguard

Vanguard No can remember!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brooks
    Kailua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    13' TRD Sport 4x4
    Icon Extended C/O's non resi, OME 60091/Dakar Leaf Pack, All Pro U-bolt Flip, Timberens, 17" SR8's, 285/70/17 Duratracs, AFE Stage II Intake, Magnaflow Cat back w/Resonator, BHLM, Grillcraft, 15/5 Tint, All-Pro HD Sliders @10 degr, OEM Roof Racks, TRD Skid Plate, Wet Okole's, Scan guage II, Optima Yellow
    Or you can get towed up when you get stuck like the other prerunner in our group :D

7. Jan 26, 2015 at 6:38 PM
    bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Da big big island!
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    All pro 3 link SAS kit, Diamond axle, kings on 37" MTR/K
    Pretty awesome Colorado! :eek:

8. Feb 1, 2015 at 12:35 PM
    1uzrnr

1uzrnr The NotaRC 4runner :D

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    86 Samurai stockish
    Couple
    I second that! Put a front diff and axles in there and you could have a lot of fun out here.

9. Mar 8, 2015 at 11:46 PM
    milver

milver [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    taylor
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    well its official, I'm moving to the big island instead now! does that island still have all those rules for lifted trucks?

10. Mar 8, 2015 at 11:48 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    nope. and I think better offroading too.

11. Mar 8, 2015 at 11:50 PM
    kh7nm

kh7nm Stay Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Miles
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DC 4x4 TX PRO Off Road
    What have you done to your truck lately
    ^^ what he said:D

12. Mar 9, 2015 at 10:37 PM
    Kala

Kala Well-Known Member

Member:
    BigIsland
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    you can go wheel with my friend with a sfa colo, but he too, also wheels a toyota.:eek:

we still have rules...bumper heights and mud flaps/flares. I know aftermarket bumpers arent supposed to be legal, either, but if its done by a certified welder you can argue that. I dont think any Oahu guys got bothered and I havent or havent heard of anyone having an issue the past couple years…but we dont want people using 2x4s or wooden poles as a bumper.
    for the most part, keep your tires covered and you wont be bothered.

the truck I drove in high school was a ford ranger 4.0 5spd. It was the best truck ive ever had(until I got my new tacomas..lol). I took it a bunch of places and had a lot of memories with it. Its partly why I cant just dump it so it sits in my parents yard. I launched that thing like 4 ft in the air, always did donuts on dry pavement, raced it at the local race track, put that thing sideways whenever it rained…oh, and made it places people said you need 33sup and atleast a rear locker. lol fun things, even have a explorer with the 4.0/5spd that could burn rubber for days.
    I had a 02 taco with lt and kings…..it was fun. different then what most out here do, but it had its issues. that was another truck that pretty much got "got on" whenever I drove it. Roads that take 3-4 hours to drive thru, done in an hour. We still have places to go over here, I just dont have a truck id do it with.

13. Apr 26, 2015 at 9:03 PM
    milver

milver [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    taylor
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I just recently replaced my rear bumper with a stock one so i think ill be good on that. i may have to rig up some temporary mud flaps though!

14. Apr 26, 2015 at 9:05 PM
    milver

milver [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    taylor
    San Luis Obispo, Ca
    Vehicle:
    And are there any hawaii specific off road websites with a forum?

15. May 15, 2015 at 5:33 PM
    Kala

Kala Well-Known Member

Member:
    BigIsland
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    just depends who you go to when you decide to get it legal. some places wont ask you, others are fine with just rears…might have some that want all 4.

we dont really have an active off road forum that i know of…id say youre totally welcome on here, we all love what we can do with trucks. fb kinda killed the forum days. I think theres a few forums but not really active. bentframe4x4 is what i go on and has mostly big island guys too. had nakolo4x4, oahujeepers, and big island rock crawlers that I used to go on. not sure if any of those 3 are still around.

16. May 15, 2015 at 5:48 PM
    ODNAREM

ODNAREM MEMBER Of The Church Of @ODNAREM

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Huntington Beach,CA.
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Prerunner
    TRD catback exhaust,FJ Cruiser trail team wheels,BFG All Terrain K02 tires,Grillcraft front grill,Pelfreybilt IFS/Mid skids,sliders,standard rear bumper,Total Chaos bed stiffeners.TRD Pro Bilstein front/rear suspension.
    Sweet truck OP!You need a Tacoma too!

Products Discussed in

To Top