1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alarm Shops You Trust

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by STOCKTRD, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Feb 28, 2015 at 6:32 PM
    STOCKTRD

STOCKTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    In Traffic
    Vehicle:
    CustomTacos Mafia!
    Nachos, Lemon Heads, My Truck Is Stock!
    I need a little help. Anyone have recommendations where to get an alarm removed from a car. I need quality work done as this car is owned by a family member and is pretty much a show quality classic. The only two shops I really trust are Security and Sound or Revision. Last time I had work done by Revision I had some problems when I got my truck back (rear passenger seat belt was left loose and the magnetic sensor fell off).

Thanks.

2. Feb 28, 2015 at 9:17 PM
    hoenah808

hoenah808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trent
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '14 AC sr5 4x4
    i never used s&s but ive seen quality work outta that shop...pricey tho

3. Feb 28, 2015 at 11:56 PM
    Vigo

Vigo WFO

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    On a rock in the pacific
    Vehicle:
    '12 4 door
    stuff...
    Security and sound gets my vote. They did my truck, first time there for me, but it turned out good. I was impressed that they did things like rust proof areas that were drilled, something that I know that other shops wouldn't bother with. Nice guys, don't look like the hoodlums that work at some of the other shops, too.

4. Mar 1, 2015 at 12:13 AM
    XRUNNAH808

XRUNNAH808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonjy
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Stocked X-Runner
    No mods, but LEDS all over.
    My uncle got his alarm system at Revision. He said there alright. Instead of the magnetic sensor fell off, it didn't work when the car was shaken, but he took it back and its working again. I kinda don't recommend going to revision though.

5. Mar 1, 2015 at 5:35 AM
    STOCKTRD

Member:
    In Traffic
    Vehicle:
    CustomTacos Mafia!
    I will not take the car to Progressive. I had them do an alarm on a truck few years ago and it was by far the worst work I have ever seen. I would let the ice head tweaker shops in Waipahu work on the car before I take it to Progressive.

6. Mar 1, 2015 at 10:43 AM
    Vanguard

Vanguard No can remember!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brooks
    Kailua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    13' TRD Sport 4x4
    Icon Extended C/O's non resi, OME 60091/Dakar Leaf Pack, All Pro U-bolt Flip, Timberens, 17" SR8's, 285/70/17 Duratracs, AFE Stage II Intake, Magnaflow Cat back w/Resonator, BHLM, Grillcraft, 15/5 Tint, All-Pro HD Sliders @10 degr, OEM Roof Racks, TRD Skid Plate, Wet Okole's, Scan guage II, Optima Yellow
    What was wrong with it? I've known Bill (owner) for years. And taken all of my cars there when I didn't want to do the work myself. I've never had any issues with any part of their installation. And I've done full custom to just deck and speaker installs there. If I didn't take it there then I'd take it to security and sound. I haven't had any work done there but have a mutual relationship with one of the guys that work there and their quality of work is pretty evident if you go and check out the shop. I've been told they can be pricey, but you get what you pay for.

7. Mar 1, 2015 at 12:41 PM
    STOCKTRD

Member:
    In Traffic
    Vehicle:
    CustomTacos Mafia!
    Here is why,
    I had an alarm installed by Progressive in Aiea about two years ago. I found a lot of problems after the install. The alarm brain and antenna were just wedged in, not secured at all,loose wires in the engine compartment, open connections not covered up. Wires not zip tied and just stuffed in between the panel and the AC vent.

[​IMG]

8. Mar 1, 2015 at 2:30 PM
    Vanguard

Vanguard No can remember!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brooks
    Kailua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    13' TRD Sport 4x4
    Icon Extended C/O's non resi, OME 60091/Dakar Leaf Pack, All Pro U-bolt Flip, Timberens, 17" SR8's, 285/70/17 Duratracs, AFE Stage II Intake, Magnaflow Cat back w/Resonator, BHLM, Grillcraft, 15/5 Tint, All-Pro HD Sliders @10 degr, OEM Roof Racks, TRD Skid Plate, Wet Okole's, Scan guage II, Optima Yellow
    Sorry to hear that man. I can't tell from the pic what I'm looking at but the most important thing is that the customer is happy. And you're clearly not. So the only input I have then is S&S.

Products Discussed in

To Top