Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Performance Parts & Installs on Oahu

Old 09-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
wilikilia will become famous soon enoughwilikilia will become famous soon enough

wilikilia's Tacoma Gallery
Performance Parts & Installs on Oahu

Sup Hawaiians...where do you guys go for performance parts and installations on Oahu other than doing it yourself? I'm on my 2nd Taco but this will be my first time lifting. Some of the big name places that I've always heard of is Maui Off Road but their prices are outrageous. I then found 4WheelParts in Waipahu and they're pretty solid on prices for parts and labor. I was gonna go with them until Oahu Krawlers opened up in Waipio. After a few conversations with them, I'm glad to say that I feel comfortable getting my lift and installs done by them(they don't carry parts in stock, but they could pretty much get all their name brand parts at MSRP with no added shipping cost). So just to get a list going on Oahu places:

Truck Performance Parts, Installations and Accessories on Oahu:
Oahu Krawlers
Maui Off Road
4WheelParts Hawaii or their main site here
Ron's Performance
DH Built
Hawaii Truck Concepts - Tonneau Covers, Pop N Lock Tailgate Locks

Reputable Places for Alignments on Lifted Trucks(from what I heard):
Scotty's Brake and Alignment in Pearl City
Island Brake Alignment in Pearl City
Hawaiian Tire in Aiea(Behind Cutter Ford)
A-1 Wheel Alignment

Feel Free to suggest other places.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
ghostboy808 is on a distinguished road
ghostboy808's Tacoma Gallery
A-1 Wheel Alignment is another reputable alignment shop.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:32 AM   #3
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
damn i didnt do my research.... i swear to god i only heard of DH built and Maui Off Road center.. never knew these other places existed.... ahh live and learn, for truck performance parts went Rons Performance down by nimitz..
Old 09-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
For Alignment i put my trust and faith in Hawaiian Tire (Aiea) Behind Cutter Ford......they are always spot on.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
anyone know if brushguards + offroad lights are okay over here? will you get pulled over more? if so, im thinking about going with the westin brushguard, and i need suggestions for the lights.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
anybody?
Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
Who what now?!
Hi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to all
Hi_FIRE_08's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think BG's are illegal seeing as how its bolted on. I think the law only concerns aftermarket bumpers which changes the "look" and ability to identify the vehicle.. As for the lights I'm not so sure..
Old 10-16-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
allrightty
Old 11-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
anyone know a place that sells HID kits?
Old 11-15-2009, 09:22 PM   #10
wilikilia will become famous soon enoughwilikilia will become famous soon enough

wilikilia's Tacoma Gallery
Not from personal experience but I always see the ads in Buy & Sell or the Preview newspapers for HIDs
Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostboy808 View Post
A-1 Wheel Alignment is another reputable alignment shop.
I always take my vehicles to Terrence at A-1. He looks grouchy all the time but he is one of the best if not the best alignment guys on the island. He doesn't just align to specs, he takes into account wear and the crown of the road, etc.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #12
right on u gotta make an appointment? or can just go?
Old 12-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #14
ok thanks
Old 12-31-2011, 11:26 AM   #15
tALOHAma is on a distinguished road
tALOHAma's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival! Is Oahu krawlers still around?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #16
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty sure they folded unless they moved. I passed there recently and Jade Construction now has the whole building where they used to be.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #17
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
Euro sports sells kits, but I think they changed their name and relocated somewhere else, they used to be/ or still are in Kakaako area by VW. They also do drops and lifts to
Old 01-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
datacoflip is on a distinguished road
datacoflip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
Race Factory sells them that's where I got mine.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #19
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
Euro sports sells kits, but I think they changed their name and relocated somewhere else, they used to be/ or still are in Kakaako area by VW. They also do drops and lifts to
They are called AutoCustoms now, they are in the same place..pretty close with those guys. If anything look for Jeff tell him Gaven sent you
Old 01-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by datacoflip View Post
Race Factory sells them that's where I got mine.
They never fail you haha