Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Gas and MPG

Old 02-26-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
4He>I is on a distinguished road
4He>I's Tacoma Gallery
Gas and MPG

Hey what's up folks. New guy here. Where do you guys get your gas at and what kinda MPG? Just got an '09 V6 and first tank calculated at about 17.3 mpg. That was Sam's Club gas (regular). The other car an '05 Xterra w/V6 is heavier (and seems to have more power) and averages 18.8 mpg.

Don't know, probably the quality of gas. Gonna try filling up at Chevron next.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
4He>I's Tacoma Gallery
*crickets*

lol
Old 02-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4He>I View Post
*crickets*

lol

lol....shouldn't you be more worried now about the possible tsunami hitting your island? Most of the time It's nothing, but still.

Your MPG's is about average for everyone, sometimes I can get up to the low 20's in the summer. Have to really watch the foot though.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
if im lucky i get 12 mpg... i do mostly city driving + my truck is lifted.. but its still very horrid.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
My MPGs are crap... live in a very hilly area. There are TONS of MPG threads around if you search.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
4He>I's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys I know that there were lots of mpg threads just wanted to see what my Hawaii peeps were getting and maybe they knew where the "good" gas was being sold at.

Re: Tsunami

Yeah went out to get gas at 6am to beat the panic waited half an hour at nearby Chevron. Reports later in the morn from some friends say they waited over an hour. They evacuated everyone in the coastal areas. Luckily I'm far enough inland to stay put and watch it on TV. However, the tsunami wasn't like in the movies. Better safe than sorry so they say.

BTW, calculated my latest mpg and it was a tad higher at 17.85 mpg.

Thanks for the replies btw.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Getting 16-17 around town driving here in San Diego County... so you are okay... otherwise I would suspect the gasoline blend having maybe too much alcohol in it?

Highway has me upwards of 18 mpg... my truck is 3 months old, nearing 4,000 miles.