Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

regulations

Old 03-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
batmann is on a distinguished road

batmann's Tacoma Gallery
regulations

so im about to move there for college and a friend of mine was telling me about there being alot of regulations on trucks and i was wondering if u guys knew anything about this
Old 03-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
im from hawaii. are you going to UH manoa? if you just drive around you'll see alot of beater dodges and chevys that are lifted like crazy with their wheels sticking out way past the fenders. i wouldnt worry about a thing.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

you do need a cat for your exhaust however. thats pretty much all i can think of
Old 03-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #4

batmann's Tacoma Gallery
haha yeah mann im goin to manoa and okay good thats all i needed to no thanks alot hah
Old 03-01-2010, 06:04 PM   #5

are you shipping your truck there?
Old 03-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #6

batmann's Tacoma Gallery
haha plannin on it and cant wait to hit some trails in hawaii hah
Old 03-01-2010, 06:13 PM   #7

just make sure to keep of most of the beaches. youre not supposed to just fool around in the sand.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:16 PM   #8

batmann's Tacoma Gallery
o haha i see idk just want to hit up some trails hah
Old 03-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
your truck will need to pass hawaii's safety inspection if i'm not mistaken. gotta get recon if modded also
Old 03-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #10

batmann's Tacoma Gallery
wats recon? and so lift and tires dont matter? im confused.. wat about fenders? how far can the tire stick out from body? and do u need mudflaps?
Old 03-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #11
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmann View Post
wats recon? and so lift and tires dont matter? im confused.. wat about fenders? how far can the tire stick out from body? and do u need mudflaps?
recon=reconstruction permit. needed to pass safety check if your vehicle's suspension is modified. u can't have your tires sticking out from your fenders. unless you have hookups for safety, but idk how that would work on a truck from the mainland.

if u can somehow get safety check without recon, then just avoid driving in waikiki, duis and you should be good. the ticket is only 70 bucks if anything. and oh yah. 35% is the legal tint here...so yeah the fine is like 200 somethin bucks a window...only for the front two for trucks.

more info on recon:

http://forumshawaii.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=309267
Old 03-01-2010, 09:10 PM   #12
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
just keep one plate lunch in da back seat for the cops...i dunno about oahu but it works on maui...chee-hu
Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM   #14
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
just keep one plate lunch in da back seat for the cops...i dunno about oahu but it works on maui...chee-hu
haha. give em one week old plate lunch.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #16

batmann's Tacoma Gallery
haha this thread has only mad me more excited to be in HI ha so r u not allowed to have a lift? im stil cloudy in that and i have 25% tint all around am i gonna have to redo it?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #17
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha this thread has only mad me more excited to be in HI ha so r u not allowed to have a lift? im stil cloudy in that and i have 25% tint all around am i gonna have to redo it?
you can but to be legal u gotta get recon. and for ur tint if you want to be legal u just have to run 35% on ur fronts, the back two doors and back window don't matter cause ur a truck...
Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #18

batmann's Tacoma Gallery
but can u be illegal and be straight?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #19

Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
but can u be illegal and be straight?
if u retint ur front windows 35%, get recon ( u need to have alignment done within 30 days of your appt., plus your wheels must not stick out of your fenders, if anything use rubber and ghetto rig some extended fender flares to pass, and pretty much all the lights have to be working, they check for engine mods as well, but as long as you still have cats should be fine. ie DTLT headers MIGHT not pass, but it all depends on who you get and how nice you are to them) also no check engine lights, tpms sensor light, etc.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #20

batmann's Tacoma Gallery
damn.. thats alot of regulations.. all we have in georgia is emissions.. hah o well man well worth it to be livin in hawaii.