1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need advice for your part of the world

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by WVtriple, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Mar 15, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    WVtriple

WVtriple [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    WV eastern panhandle
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport
    Satoshi grill mod, Redline Tuning Hood struts and tailgate E-Z down, HID headlights and fogs, LED tail lamp upgrade, TRD exhaust, FJ TRD Anthracite Wheels, T-REX eyelids, power sunroof, 5100 Billies and ToyTec AAL, K&N drop-in, TRD seatcovers, Weathertech floor mats, Fog light any-time mod, Pop-n-lock, slotted front rotors with ceramic pads, BenWa power rear slider mod, blackout badges, and blacked out center stack and console. 7" HID's behind the grill. LED light bar in the lower grill. Trailer plug relocate. Auxiliary reverse LED's wired in to be manual or auto on when in reverse.
    I will be in Honolulu for a few days on my way back from a honeymoon in Fiji, I want to know what the locals do for: Dinner, things to see, things to do while in Oahu, and I will be hopping over to the Big Island to take a look at the volcanoes, but same goes there. What food, what else to do or a make sure to see before we leave.
    thanks for any and all help
    PS any good Filipino food joints on Oahu?
    Cheers Anthony

2. Mar 15, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    Sorry guy, not to sure about Oahu and Big Island but if you come to I Maui then I can help

3. Mar 15, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Do what we did when we visited Hawaii..

Rent a Jeep and just drive around the Island. To say Hawaii is beautiful is an understatement. I'd love an opportunity to go back.

4. Mar 15, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    idk too many good filipino places but a some plate lunch places get adobo lidat...
    if anything jus cruise waipahu garrentee get plenty.....

idk what u like do? go club? waikiki get some nice ones...

5. Mar 15, 2010 at 1:43 PM
    SunDevilTacoma

SunDevilTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    04 Wht Double Cab PreRunner
    Turn signal relocation, built in fog light conversion, 4" deck plate
  6. Mar 15, 2010 at 1:47 PM
    C17Guy

C17Guy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Charleston, SC/ Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Readylift Kit, 245/75/16, HID's, Debadged, Kenwood DNX9960 Double Din Navigation, Image Dynamics Door Components, Pioneer Amp, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Grillcraft Uppers and Lowers
    I'll be coming in to Honolulu Friday, was lookin to sneak some fishing and maybe a dive in. Anyone out there with a boat that wants to take a couple air crew dogs out, of course on our dollar!

7. Mar 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    bahh l&l. lol sorry that place is alright...i don't care for it much tho

if you somehow get out to the west side, in kapolei there's en fuego...killah grinds

north shore grinds in palolo is pretty good. you go up 10th ave and its on the right past the landromat and the hobby place...get a decent shave ice place next door too...

kapahulu safeway shopping center has kiawe grill, good stuff little pricey tho.

oh yah go north shore check out the shrimp shacks out there if u get a chance.

8. Mar 15, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    Palmetto Pete

Palmetto Pete Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    In the Mountains
    Vehicle:
    2012 SSM TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    3M Paint Pro Film, OEM Bed Mat, Antenna X, WeatherTech Floor Mats, Foglight Anytime Mod, 8000k HIDs, BFG AT/KOs (265/70/17), Debadged, Ultra-Gauge, Leer 100XR
    You should try "Ono Hawaiian Foods" in downtown Honolulu. Awsome local foods and very friendly people. They explain how to eat all of the food "properly". It is a small place so if you don't get there early there might be a wait.

As for the Big Island the Volcanoes are awsome, just went there a few weeks ago. Also, if you are on the Kona side you have to charter a boat and do some fishing, some of the best in the world!

9. Mar 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    WVtriple

WVtriple [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    WV eastern panhandle
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD Sport
    Satoshi grill mod, Redline Tuning Hood struts and tailgate E-Z down, HID headlights and fogs, LED tail lamp upgrade, TRD exhaust, FJ TRD Anthracite Wheels, T-REX eyelids, power sunroof, 5100 Billies and ToyTec AAL, K&N drop-in, TRD seatcovers, Weathertech floor mats, Fog light any-time mod, Pop-n-lock, slotted front rotors with ceramic pads, BenWa power rear slider mod, blackout badges, and blacked out center stack and console. 7" HID's behind the grill. LED light bar in the lower grill. Trailer plug relocate. Auxiliary reverse LED's wired in to be manual or auto on when in reverse.
    Its looks like I'll be craming alot into 3 days, but I need good filipino (me being 1/2, thanks Ma), so a well done adobo, side of pancit, and finish with fresh Halo-Halo:D. I will definately be making my way up to the north shore, Shaka Brah

10. Mar 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    808matt

808matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    19 Ranger
  11. Mar 17, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    SunDevilTacoma

SunDevilTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    04 Wht Double Cab PreRunner
    Turn signal relocation, built in fog light conversion, 4" deck plate
    slack me brah, i'm a haole remember? :D

12. Mar 21, 2010 at 10:06 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    haha no worries...:D

Products Discussed in

To Top