LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Need advice for your part of the world

Old 03-15-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery
Need advice for your part of the world

I will be in Honolulu for a few days on my way back from a honeymoon in Fiji, I want to know what the locals do for: Dinner, things to see, things to do while in Oahu, and I will be hopping over to the Big Island to take a look at the volcanoes, but same goes there. What food, what else to do or a make sure to see before we leave.
thanks for any and all help
PS any good Filipino food joints on Oahu?
Cheers Anthony
Old 03-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guy, not to sure about Oahu and Big Island but if you come to I Maui then I can help
Old 03-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Do what we did when we visited Hawaii..

Rent a Jeep and just drive around the Island. To say Hawaii is beautiful is an understatement. I'd love an opportunity to go back.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking as a haole who has been Oahu a couple times, try the L+L drive thrus for a plate lunch. Also try Duke's Canoe Club for a nice dinner. And there's Pearl Harbor, of course.

http://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/store/index.html

http://dukeswaikiki.com/
Old 03-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #6
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be coming in to Honolulu Friday, was lookin to sneak some fishing and maybe a dive in. Anyone out there with a boat that wants to take a couple air crew dogs out, of course on our dollar!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilTacoma View Post
Speaking as a haole who has been Oahu a couple times, try the L+L drive thrus for a plate lunch. Also try Duke's Canoe Club for a nice dinner. And there's Pearl Harbor, of course.

http://www.hawaiianbarbecue.com/store/index.html

http://dukeswaikiki.com/
bahh l&l. lol sorry that place is alright...i don't care for it much tho

if you somehow get out to the west side, in kapolei there's en fuego...killah grinds

north shore grinds in palolo is pretty good. you go up 10th ave and its on the right past the landromat and the hobby place...get a decent shave ice place next door too...

kapahulu safeway shopping center has kiawe grill, good stuff little pricey tho.

oh yah go north shore check out the shrimp shacks out there if u get a chance.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
Palmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant futurePalmetto Pete has a brilliant future

Army: U.S. Army
Name: Pete
Palmetto Pete's Tacoma Gallery
You should try "Ono Hawaiian Foods" in downtown Honolulu. Awsome local foods and very friendly people. They explain how to eat all of the food "properly". It is a small place so if you don't get there early there might be a wait.

As for the Big Island the Volcanoes are awsome, just went there a few weeks ago. Also, if you are on the Kona side you have to charter a boat and do some fishing, some of the best in the world!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.northshore.com/
Old 03-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #11
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
bahh l&l. lol sorry that place is alright...i don't care for it much tho
slack me brah, i'm a haole remember?