Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

5100's or AAL DIY

Old 04-25-2010, 03:44 AM   #1
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
5100's or AAL DIY

Just wondering if anyone on Oahu changed out to 5100s (front) or AAL in the rear.. Did you DIY? After getting some prices, I am thinking of doing it myself (with help from the threads in the suspension section).

If you did DIY:
1. Want to help out with another one (I'll get the steak and the beer)
2. Where did you go to get the springs compressed?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
ummm...i don't have a 6 lug lol but ive taken apart your leaf pack...same thing...haha...its not too bad just make sure you vice grip the top good and its real simple, and use c-clamps to hold the top two leafs so they stay centered, makes it easier when re-assembling the pack.

yah just do it yourself, fronts are prob. a bit of a pain compressing the spring, when i swapped out my springs i just used a ghetto spring compressor from checkers...worked fine.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Doing the work is easy.

I would definately find someone to help you when doing the rear AAL.

Take the coil assembly to any shop/garage that has a wall mounted coil compressor.
i mean as long as you take the necessary precautions when using the spring compressor its fine...just gotta watch the spring, make sure its compressing evenly and that the hooks or clamshell is sitting on the coils.

the clamshell compressors are actually pretty safe...
Old 04-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
My friend almost got hit in the face by his own spring, 3 idiots + 1 case of beer + compressed sping = BOING
Old 07-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
oneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneshot808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oneshot808's Tacoma Gallery
hawaiirentall can lend you a hand too. last time i checked they had spring comp.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
addicted...
1one1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Keone
1one1's Tacoma Gallery
Just had that set up done to my truck. I dont know your level of knowledge but let me tell you its not as easy as it looks. Unless youre a semi experienced mechanic or have one to help you id advise against trying it yourself.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
East808sidE is on a distinguished road
East808sidE's Tacoma Gallery
5100's

Who has the 5100 fronts in stock?

Mahalo.....
Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
addicted...
1one1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by East808sidE View Post
Who has the 5100 fronts in stock?

Mahalo.....
The toytec guys have um in stock.I got mine from 4wheelparts and they got um in stock too. Cheaper at 4wheel but they dont have the rears...
Old 08-01-2010, 03:27 AM   #10
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
How much did 4wheel charge you for the rears? We actually have a local (oahu) rep for toytec on Oahu...

Got my rears through nate. I think HD has fronts and rears in stock.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:02 PM   #12
East808sidE is on a distinguished road
East808sidE's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec is on back order. This is for a 2004 tacoma. Whos HD?

mAHALO.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #13

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry.. He....

PM me, I'll give you his number (nate).. They also have a small advertisement on CL...
Good guy...

FYI.. had 4 wheel do my 5100 (fronts) a while back.. long story, but I changed out to a Alcan 2" aal in the rear and some rear 5100s as well (work done by me)..

With my limited wrenching skills, the rear aal and 5100 swap was not bad at all.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #14
addicted...
1one1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Sorry.. He....

PM me, I'll give you his number (nate).. They also have a small advertisement on CL...
Good guy...

FYI.. had 4 wheel do my 5100 (fronts) a while back.. long story, but I changed out to a Alcan 2" aal in the rear and some rear 5100s as well (work done by me)..

With my limited wrenching skills, the rear aal and 5100 swap was not bad at all.
How does the truck sit with the 1.25 setting and a 2" aal? or did you bump up the fronts to 2.5? I got my fronts at 2.5 and have a 1.5 aal but im kinda wanna swap for a 2" aal when I get my rear shocks. any pics?
Old 08-03-2010, 01:59 AM   #15

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1one1 View Post
How does the truck sit with the 1.25 setting and a 2" aal? or did you bump up the fronts to 2.5? I got my fronts at 2.5 and have a 1.5 aal but im kinda wanna swap for a 2" aal when I get my rear shocks. any pics?
at 1.75, sits a very small bit rake on the rear. I do have a snugtop on my DC, so it sits lower than in would if I didn't have the shell on. I kinda like it like this, cause if I put any decent weight in the bed, then I don't run Vato-style..

Pics in my gallery don't really do it justice.. will try to post some decent pics this weekend..