Old 04-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
mjgaddis is on a distinguished road
Navy: CTR1
Name: Matt
mjgaddis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mjgaddis
Good lift shop on Oahu?

Hey all,

Just arrived on Oahu a couple days ago. Was wondering if anyone new of a good shop to get a lift done at?
Old 04-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #2
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Maui Off Road?
Old 04-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #3
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
I was on Oahu for almost 4 years and like Koov said Maui Off Road. Those are a good bunch of guys there and as far as I know just about your only option on that island. If you head out towards North Shore you will see plenty of lifted Tacoma's but the laws in HI. are a pain in the ass so make sure you stay within the guidelines or you will get a fine for not having a recon sticker and all that.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:30 PM   #4
happyb has a spectacular aura abouthappyb has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brandon
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
DH Built, Maui Off Road, 4 Wheel parts, Oahu Krawlers
Old 05-04-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
^+1 some dealer was also advertising toyotec lift kits on craigslist that you could have a shop install...
Old 08-01-2010, 02:48 AM   #7
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe over the years Maui offroad has gotten better?
But I know when they first opened on Maui, they were selling factory Blem tires as the real deal.

I know I'd never buy anything from them. Or let them touch my truck.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:36 AM   #8
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
But I know when they first opened on Maui, they were selling factory Blem tires as the real deal.

thats messed up!
I never did take my truck there or had any work done from them but all I here is that they are pricey.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Try 4wheel parts in waipahu, they just did my lift. Talk to chad he will bargian with you pretty good.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #11
Jays2010Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy: DCC
Jays2010Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Try 4 wheel parts just had mine done there. Talk to chad he will bargian pretty good with people
Old 08-01-2010, 11:50 PM   #13
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
At this point in the game, I would say that it really depends on what you are going to do..

I would think that there are a bunch of ppl here and plenty of good guys (military stationed here) that have experience working on their trucks that may help out, depending on what you are needing done, and if you are buying the beer..

I didn't do my front 5100s (but would definitely lend a hand), but HAVE done rear aal's, rear 5100s, rear diff, and plugs.. When I get my hands on new UCAs I will be doing those myself as well..

Just trying to bring the ALOHA back to the state..
Old 08-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #14
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post

I've never heard anything but bad things about them. After I saw what kind of work they did to my former co-workers Dakota, I could never recommend them to anyone.

My friend had his 04 Tacoma lifted at DH Built, good but pricey. Idk how 4Wheel Parts is, only bought stuff from there. Don't know much about Oahu Krawlers even though they are really close to my house.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #15
addicted...
1one1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Keone
1one1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays2010Taco View Post
Try 4 wheel parts just had mine done there. Talk to chad he will bargian pretty good with people
The day I picked up all of my stuff at 4wp I saw your truck there. Guess they had just finished it. Looking good bro...
Old 02-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
koa will become famous soon enoughkoa will become famous soon enough

koa's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody know where the good place to install spindle lift in honolulu area?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Maui offroad is probably the most expensive shop you can find...what do you need installed? some small shops can do really good work. I hardly go to large name shops bcuz of price
Old 02-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #18
koa will become famous soon enoughkoa will become famous soon enough

koa's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna change spacer lift to spindle lift, and rear add-a-leaf .
Looking for small shop in honolulu area.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
TACOsupremacy is on a distinguished road

Name: Gaven
TACOsupremacy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by koa View Post
I wanna change spacer lift to spindle lift, and rear add-a-leaf .
Looking for small shop in honolulu area.
You can go see my friend Jeff or John at autocustoms. They can do lifts, they did like a 12 inch lift on a damn tundra and some work on my truck.