Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

safety check

Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
safety check

where u guys go for safety? will 3 inch lift pass? or will i need recon to pass the safety?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
happyb has a spectacular aura abouthappyb has a spectacular aura about
Name: Brandon
happyb's Tacoma Gallery
gotta have the hook ups, but some places might let you pass if they are cool. according to the law you do need recon to be legal, but plenty people don't have recon and risk the chance of getting ticketed.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
If you are able to get on base, the one on kbay will pass you w/out recon as they have done for mine.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
appreciate the info guys, thanks. I think i'll be trying to go get recon sometime this week and see what happens
Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
NUB
Tacovette is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired
Name: Eddie
Tacovette's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacovette
Angry

Reconstruction permit! Don't get me started There is only one place to get it. You'll have to call for an appointment and it will take about 2weeks.
Do your tires stick out of the wells? If so go to Home Depot and get some garden edging. Make sure the treads are withing the rear mud flaps too. If not get some cheap ones at wally world. If you fail you will have to make another appointment. The mud flaps is what got me.
You should have an issue with a 3" lift, mine 2nd gen passed.
I would just go to the inspection place and just see what happens. I wish I knew K-bay was easy cause its not so easy down here in Pearl. Good Luck

Old 06-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #8
actually u kno what maybe ill just go safety check place n see what they say, i might be able to get on base hopefully, but as for now i am extending my mudflaps lol i post pics later it looks pretty ghetto hahah
Old 06-18-2010, 02:04 AM   #9
NUB
Tacovette is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired
Name: Eddie
Tacovette's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Tacovette
you'll see jeeps and other truck with the ghetto setup...lol You'll see mine around looking like that when I go for my re-inspect this year.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #11
alright, thanks
Old 06-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
damn your right tacovette, i cant get an appointment till august haha
Old 06-22-2010, 04:14 PM   #13
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
I called recon, as I have billy's set at 1.75. Guy said "anything that alters the sespension needs recon".. I have safety till March, but may spend the $15 and set-up an appt for recon, and get it over with. May beat having to "pay" a little more over and over to get recon, or trying to drive around the island finding a place that won't be smart enough to notice a small lift..
Old 06-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
I called recon, as I have billy's set at 1.75. Guy said "anything that alters the sespension needs recon".. I have safety till March, but may spend the $15 and set-up an appt for recon, and get it over with. May beat having to "pay" a little more over and over to get recon, or trying to drive around the island finding a place that won't be smart enough to notice a small lift..
u will need to get an alignment. to pass recon u need to have an alignment done within factory specs within 30 days. so yah...lol. you'll most likely pass safety check tho...if you have bigger tires just tell the place your getting safety that's why your truck sits a bit higher, if they even ask
Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #15
^^ for that i gotta bring the alignment papers and stuff? or they just giong to check it at the recon place?
Old 06-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #16
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremetaco2 View Post
^^ for that i gotta bring the alignment papers and stuff? or they just giong to check it at the recon place?
you gotta bring the papers...and it needs to be a printout within the last month before your appointment...so if you have alignment papers that are older than that they usually don't count...it's stupid...
Old 06-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
Waikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Waikoloa Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The wife is moving to the Big Island, Kona area, and bringing the Taco. Does anyone know a good place to get the safety check done there? Most posters here seem to be on Maui or Oahu.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
Waikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaikoloa Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Waikoloa Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Anyone?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:43 AM   #20
addicted...
1one1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Keone
1one1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
try different places if not i got a place kinda expensive but they pass anyone...
how expensive is expensive? Mine expired last month and need safety asap. my fakkin tint is tooo dark!