Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Hawaii Recon Information, Q&A Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:26 AM   #41
jamey is on a distinguished road

Navy: spook
jamey's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at putting a toytech ultimate lift kit with the complete new OME rear springs on my 03 with uca's and hopefully 33 km2's on stock rims. No clue about RECON... I hear some people saying it's a huge pain in the ass and then i see insanely lifted trucks running around.

you guys think this will be a problem for RECON?
Old 04-10-2012, 03:53 AM   #43
Taco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant futureTaco4Fish has a brilliant future
Name: j
Taco4Fish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamey View Post
I'm looking at putting a toytech ultimate lift kit with the complete new OME rear springs on my 03 with uca's and hopefully 33 km2's on stock rims. No clue about RECON... I hear some people saying it's a huge pain in the ass and then i see insanely lifted trucks running around.

you guys think this will be a problem for RECON?
Your plans is exactly what im running on oahu on my '03 with out the uca and leafpack. I have recon and its really no big deal, I can see it being a problem if your constantly having big changes like height and tire sizes because your going to have to go back and change the information.

Just make sure your tires dont stick out, if they do use garden flares, and you have to have an alignment 30days prior.

It took me no more than a half hour to wait in a three car line and get my recon sticker.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #44
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
So I'm getting orders to Schofield Barracks Hawaii. I've never been, anybody have some advice?

Also I was planning on buying a 2012 Tacoma when I get back from this deployment, should I still get it before I move or just wait?
Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #45
ShaydenandDiezel is on a distinguished road

Army: Mechanic
ShaydenandDiezel's Tacoma Gallery
Sup bro. You will love it here. If I were you, I would buy the truck in the mainland an ship it here. Reason being is that prices are cheaper in the mainland. This also goes for aftermarket stuff. Shipping and handling is expensive. There aren't to many places to wheel out here anymore. Gas is expensive an so is the cost of living. Go out an see the island. As is everywhere, some locals are cool, some don't like the military at all. The island is small and over crowded. Lots of traffic. There are beautiful beaches, views, fish, mountains, women, waterfalls hikes. It just depends on how you view any of these. For me, its not so bad. Its my home. If you need more help or whatever, hit me up bro. I am stationed at schofield barracks and am from the island so I can kinda help on both sides of the fence. Military and local civilian.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #46
Aight
sernaj64 is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
sernaj64's Tacoma Gallery
What's good guys imm looking to go out to honolulu here in jan and wanted to see what ya thought I would need to know aside from needing recon due to my spacers.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #49
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Oh wow! First time I seen this thread. Mahalo Kelson
Old 09-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #50
fr3shingredient is on a distinguished road
Name: Noel
fr3shingredient's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizumo999 View Post
HAS ANYONE DONE THE BHLM AND GONE THRU A SAFTEY CHECK?
did anyone pass recon and safety with the BHLM? want to do mines but if it doesnt pass then ill find me a extra pair of Headlights to black out.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #51
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
if you just black out the assembly without touching the chrome reflector (unless you're running a retrofit) then I don't see any reason why the BHLM would not pass recon
Old 09-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #52
fr3shingredient is on a distinguished road
Name: Noel
fr3shingredient's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
if you just black out the assembly without touching the chrome reflector (unless you're running a retrofit) then I don't see any reason why the BHLM would not pass recon
thats what i was thinking but i wasnt to sure. want to be 100% before i do it
Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #53
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
I passed with bhlm . But, you have to have the reflector in. Also what ever is used to cover your tires HAS to be bolted on. Two sided tape will not pass. Call the recon station, the guy gave me the run down when I made my appointment.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #54
Aight
sernaj64 is on a distinguished road
Name: Juan
sernaj64's Tacoma Gallery
so here is my toy am i going to have to get extenders for the tires??
Attached Thumbnails
Hawaii Recon Information, Q&A Thread-imag0978.jpg  
Old 10-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #55
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sernaj64 View Post
so here is my toy am i going to have to get extenders for the tires??
You should be good. Mine were like that and passed. The inspector did me shit for my tinted front windows. I had to take the film off, go back to get inspected and then went back to get them tinted.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #57
LexusIS808 is on a distinguished road
LexusIS808's Tacoma Gallery
got mine today. Its not that bad as everyone thinks. The guy was supa cool! Just have your alignment papers ready. He measured the bumpers and walked around my truck. Thats it! 20 mins max!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #58
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
I haven't seen but one or 2 modified trucks that can pass a recon. So how could they have a sticker.

Thing is, they do revoke a lot of licenses for inspection around, but you just get a license in your cousin's name, then his cousin, not to mention there's only like 3 cops that do that stuff, Guaranty they're paid off and related to everyone.

Was getting a ride home with a "friend"'s mother in law at work who's married to a local filippino family. Lady got pulled over, driving drunk, doing 80, bike cop comes to the window, she just starts yelling at him "do you know who my nephew is!".. over and over
Nephew is just a frikkin pos patrolman, got fired right after that, But the bike cop walked away.

Why is having a family member on the county payroll, or being a cop license to be a criminal.
I work for the federal government, lot fewer people lying, cheating and stealing based on the fact that they think it's their right, but every once in a while I do hear it. Cops in the south, they're all crooked. Its a shame.
HPD is the most krooked bunch i know, dont like em
Old 11-09-2012, 10:35 PM   #59
toku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoku58 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

toku58's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS808 View Post
got mine today. Its not that bad as everyone thinks. The guy was supa cool! Just have your alignment papers ready. He measured the bumpers and walked around my truck. Thats it! 20 mins max!
I have mine! The guy that does it now isn't as picky as before. Be cool, don't act like a mok and you just might pass? But the threads of your tire gotta be close to being fully covered, and you need mud flaps.
I love driving down Waik's and having all the cops check out my truck as I drive by. LOL!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 AM   #60
m0sing808 is on a distinguished road
m0sing808's Tacoma Gallery
Need recon for leveling kit? Or just front spacer?