Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Hawaii

Notices

Hawaii Recon Information, Q&A Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #64
Turning the knob from H2 to H4/L4
Poke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to all

Poke Tako's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh7nm View Post
Here some other pictures with a ToyTec 3" Ultimate Lift Kit, 285 75 16 KM2's Toataly Legal today. Enjoy
Taco looking good! I'm diggin' your grill and emblem.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #65
87twentytwor is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
87twentytwor's Tacoma Gallery
you guys know if the BHLM is illegal in Hawaii?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #67

i need a mod so i can get recon... but not to extreme cuz i want to pass for a recon... any ideas? can you get recon for HIDS?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #68
kh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud ofkh7nm has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Miles
kh7nm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87twentytwor View Post
i need a mod so i can get recon... but not to extreme cuz i want to pass for a recon... any ideas? can you get recon for HIDS?
No, HID's if it did not come factory with the vechile then it won't pass recon. I had HID's but had to take it out before going to get my recon sticker. Just call that number and they will tell you if it is going pass recon or not, they are very helpful.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh7nm View Post
No, HID's if it did not come factory with the vechile then it won't pass recon. I had HID's but had to take it out before going to get my recon sticker. Just call that number and they will tell you if it is going pass recon or not, they are very helpful.
can you get recon if you stock? haha!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:26 AM   #70
minahkine is on a distinguished road
Name: cliff
minahkine's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know the max bumper height for recon? I heard it was 33" specifically from the ground to the highest point of the bottom of the bumper. My rear is at 37" right now. My front is perfect at 33". Thinking of removing my 8" leafs and putting back my stock leafs and a pair of lift blocks so that it's at the minimum. You guys think it'll be safe to put back my 8" leafs after I pass recon? Or cops actually do measure the bumper height if ever I get pulled over?

One more question.....I currently do have Xenon flares but my tires still stick out a minor 1/2 inch at the most. I'm still planning on putting some cheap rubber flare extensions for recon but planning on taking them out right after the inspection. Is the recon paperwork specific on the flares? Which in my case, I will be stacking both the Xenon and the extensions. So if a cop pulls me over, will they notice my flare extensions gone by looking at the recon papers?

Mahalos in advance.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by minahkine View Post
Anybody know the max bumper height for recon? I heard it was 33" specifically from the ground to the highest point of the bottom of the bumper. My rear is at 37" right now. My front is perfect at 33". Thinking of removing my 8" leafs and putting back my stock leafs and a pair of lift blocks so that it's at the minimum. You guys think it'll be safe to put back my 8" leafs after I pass recon? Or cops actually do measure the bumper height if ever I get pulled over?

One more question.....I currently do have Xenon flares but my tires still stick out a minor 1/2 inch at the most. I'm still planning on putting some cheap rubber flare extensions for recon but planning on taking them out right after the inspection. Is the recon paperwork specific on the flares? Which in my case, I will be stacking both the Xenon and the extensions. So if a cop pulls me over, will they notice my flare extensions gone by looking at the recon papers?

Mahalos in advance.
I think tires gotta be completely covered
Old 04-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #72
a name known to all
luka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud ofluka has much to be proud of
Air Force: Jet Mech / Metals Tech
Name: Mike
luka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by minahkine View Post

Mahalos in advance.
don't think fender flares will be listed in the recon, as long as you have the tires covered during the inspection it should pass, but if you take them off, the cop can still bust you.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #73
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
don't think fender flares will be listed in the recon, as long as you have the tires covered during the inspection it should pass, but if you take them off, the cop can still bust you.
x2. Fender flares have to be bolted in. Not 2 sided tape. And, if a cop pulls you over, he could revoke your recon and rip the sticker off.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #74
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
The recon is for the fender flares, more so than the wheels and tires. So they have to be listed on the sheet.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #75
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Just did the recon today. Its a breeze compared to before! No need to get a shop to list al you parts, get the affidavit, get it notarized...
Mud flaps reinstalled, front tint stripped, and pau! 3" toytec and 285s.
So many changes to recon throughout the years, but now its pretty easy. No reason to not have it, really.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #77
wth is a junior member?

Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
x2! Piece of mind to drive anywhere. Waikiki, airport area, anywhere and not have to worry about getting a ticket to me is priceless!!
Yup, no need to drop names! I'm too proud anyway. Take 'em like a man, but not for recon!
*knock on wood X 1000*
Old 07-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #78
Shooter808 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mel
Shooter808's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my lift 2 days ago. Got my alignment yesterday. Made an appointment for Monday. Hope everything goes smoothly!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #79
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter808 View Post
Installed my lift 2 days ago. Got my alignment yesterday. Made an appointment for Monday. Hope everything goes smoothly!

Shouldn't have any problems as long as you have:
1. alignment specs that are green
2. fenders that cover the threads
3. rear mud flaps

.... Do me a favor too.. could you ask about fender extensions and see if the extensions need to go the entire length of the fender or if the top is covered if it is good to go...
Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #80
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
So.. to those who have gone through recon. I have an appointment set for Thursday.

4wheel parts told me that many tacomas (and trucks in general) do not have the cab totally even on the frame. Hence, the fender covers more of the tire on one side than the other. This is my truck, more obvious with 17x9s. Looking from the top, one side is still tucked under the fender by at least 1/4". The other side however sicks out by a little less than 1/4". Hence I need to get extensions if the Recon guys are really picky.

I installed some garden border, but because I needed so little, I only have the top bump sticking out. Because of the curve at the bottom, I stopped it as a half circle...

Do you think I will pass, or will they require that the extension go all around??