Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Hawaii (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hawaii/)
-   -   Places you cant go (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hawaii/242778-places-you-cant-go.html)

fr3shingredient 10-06-2012 05:29 PM

Places you cant go

Wanting to do a 3" lift soon. But still debating between 3" or 6".

But anyway since my truck is now my daily driver i wanted to know what places you guys go to and cant clear/fit in the parking lot, garages, drive thru's, malls etc..

i've seen couple trucks with small lifts(guessing 3") almost clear or cant clear wardwarehouse parking structure and of course mainly seeing the 6" guys parking outside.

So this is where everyone can list where they go, cant fit in, and what they do!

Slammed truck welcome too!!

tx novice 10-06-2012 11:38 PM

I have a 3" lift and can go anywhere I want. Including Waikiki ( passed recon ) and HPD garage ( water pipes hang very low ). But I do admit 6" w/35's look sweeet !

Spoonman 10-06-2012 11:43 PM

I fit in most parking garages. Not really many places I go that have height restrictions. My buddy with 6" lift and 35s fits in his parking garage just fine!

It's not about where I can't go. It's about where I can go.

fr3shingredient 10-07-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx novice (Post 5797817)
I have a 3" lift and can go anywhere I want. Including Waikiki ( passed recon ) and HPD garage ( water pipes hang very low ). But I do admit 6" w/35's look sweeet !

Do you have any trouble at certain place where you know you cant clear there parking garage?

Kinda meant about where you cant fit cause of the lift

Konaborne 10-07-2012 12:56 PM

:popcorn:

I've seen places here with 6' ceilings....my truck with a 3.5 wouldnt fit

Khaos 10-07-2012 12:57 PM

I can barely fit my truck into most parking garages now, after lift it would be cutting it way too close for comfort

tx novice 10-07-2012 01:00 PM

Not Yet! Our company truck is a Tundra . My truck is just a hair taller maybe. Most places made their garages to fit stock full sized trucks. So, with a 3" lift , I would say 99.9% clearance in parking garages.

Irish020 10-07-2012 01:05 PM

I can park in my work's parking garage, as long as I remember to drop my CB antenna...3" lift....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...ion_JM_011.JPG

92shawman 10-07-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konaborne (Post 5799334)

:eek: With a 6' ceiling, I wouldn't fit! My truck with the shell on and no lift wouldn't fit.

Kala 10-07-2012 01:41 PM

Hawaii has a lot of asians and it shows in some of the buildings. Places like the old ross by ala moana couldnt even fit our van. I think the Honolulu Club was another place. I think Dole Cannery had a spot to where I seen a stock F150 hit. Oahu does have a lot of parking garages with low ceilings. I dont live there but I know it. lol

TRDGRL 10-07-2012 03:55 PM

Get a 3" lift like mines then you can fit into most places in town.....6" will be too high then you'll scrap your new roof on your truck....:rolleyes:

Blacktacoma23 10-07-2012 04:05 PM

6" liff fit in my garage,

TRDGRL 10-07-2012 04:10 PM

By the way.....I just heard that all the lifts are going to be on sale next weekend.....Pretty much everything in the store.....So that means there's gonna be some great deals! :D

fr3shingredient 10-11-2012 11:33 PM

went to royal hawaiian parking garage. i dont think anyone with a lift would make it in.

kh7nm 10-12-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx novice (Post 5799342)
Not Yet! Our company truck is a Tundra . My truck is just a hair taller maybe. Most places made their garages to fit stock full sized trucks. So, with a 3" lift , I would say 99.9% clearance in parking garages.

What size tires you running with your 3" lift kit?

Kala 10-12-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDGRL (Post 5800029)
By the way.....I just heard that all the lifts are going to be on sale next weekend.....Pretty much everything in the store.....So that means there's gonna be some great deals! :D

4wheelparts?

Kala 10-12-2012 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konaborne (Post 5799334)

In the parking garage next to bubba gumps, right after high school, I followed a lifted truck that scrapped his roof in there. One time there was a lady with a suv that was wedged under there. lol
Remember that time at the Kealakekua hospital when the pacific waste truck got wedged under the building? shook the hospital iirc.
The waimea mcdonalds, one of my trucks couldnt fit in the drive thru and that same truck hit the bar at bk kona. that was a fun truck.

theres a few low hanging garage ceilings or low building roofs in kona that most lifted trucks wouldnt be able to go. I can tell you that you can jump a tacoma under the royal sea cliff..that roof is pretty high.:o

Junyaboi808 10-12-2012 12:13 PM

Wassup cuz,
here are some places i noticed i cannot clear dole cannery parking lot, Ward centers, Kapiolani hospital parking, 24hour fitness PC on the far right side (the air ducts hang low and i seen a lifted chevy rip the shit out of it) pretty much any parking structure below 7' i dont chance it. i have my girl drive her Lexus :cool:

Kala 10-12-2012 02:13 PM

Yep, dole cannery is one place I seen a stock F150 hit. Ward centers, is that the old side(makai buildings)?
I can think of a few more places but cant put names to it right now. You'd be surprised how many places on Oahu have low hanging ceilings. Im not from there, but thats one thing to notice.

Junyaboi808 10-12-2012 03:01 PM

yeah thats the old side i think by Ryans grill. low roofs are all over Oahu and Waikiki especially truck no can make em inside...shitty deals but oh well its a small price to pay i think! :D