1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

PlastiDip'n emblems

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Low Kun, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Feb 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM
    Low Kun

Low Kun [OP] Member

Member:
    Section 808
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    this is my very first post and my first truck so i hope i dont sound dumb or make a bad first impression! anyway, i was wondering if anyone here has used plastidip to color their emblems? ive been looking it up and saw a few vids on youtube but i just dont wanna f up lol. if anyone is down ill provide the plastidip and pay u to black out my emblems lol. thanks homies for looking!

2. Feb 26, 2013 at 2:13 AM
    Phil5393

Phil5393 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Long Island, New York
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  3. Feb 26, 2013 at 2:14 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    Welcome!
    and yeah i’d say few thousand have. I have and like it. i have also done my rear bumper(can bee seen in my sig a long with the tacoma on he tail gate.

also have done some stuff on the inside.

4. Feb 26, 2013 at 2:48 AM
    Low Kun

Low Kun [OP] Member

Member:
    Section 808
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    Thanks guys for the welcome and for the info! appreciate it.

Phil5393 ill definitely take a crack at it within the next couple days! gonna check out home depot and scoop up a can lol. and TnRedNeck721 yup i see it looks dope!

5. Feb 26, 2013 at 2:49 AM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    First post and you already hooked on the derp huh, its a slippery slope my friend, before you know it everything will be plasti dipped, grill, lower valance, rear bumper, interior trim pieces. Just kidding welcome to the site, have fun modding

6. Feb 26, 2013 at 3:28 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Welcome to TW. Great first question. Got the derp t-shirt already, but was very nerve-wracking process using a rattle can on my truck. Pics are in my build. Good luck.

7. Feb 26, 2013 at 3:29 AM
    Low Kun

Low Kun [OP] Member

Member:
    Section 808
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    lol thanks evanmb31. so far i just wanted to plasti dip the rear, side, and toyota emblem in front but ur probably right lol this is only the beginning.

8. Feb 26, 2013 at 3:32 AM
    Low Kun

Low Kun [OP] Member

Member:
    Section 808
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    thanks bro ill need all the luck i can get seeing that im 50/50 when it comes to DIY's lol. so far only thing i did myself are tube steps and eyelids lol super minor.

9. Feb 26, 2013 at 7:35 AM
    MudFlap

MudFlap Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Memphis (north mississippi)
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    OP you will see my posts in that other thread where I derped my plastidip. Seems it may have been too cold outside when I done mine, but it DID NOT turn out well. I tried to peel it all off and start over and even peeling it off wound up being a PITA. I said "SCREW THIS" I went and got some high test fishing line and took my side emblems completly off and at that point was finally able to get all the plasti dip off of em. Once cleaned off wich was the hard part I applied some 3M double sided adhesive stuff using and exacto knife, then I layed my chrome emblems in the garage floor on some news paper and spayed them with paint and not the dip shit (hehe dip shit LOL). IMO it turned out looking a lot better this way.

Anyhow, didnt mean to ramble on like that.... Good luck on your dippin.....

10. Feb 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    Low Kun

Low Kun [OP] Member

Member:
    Section 808
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco
    wow crazy man. and ramble away cuz the more info to me the better lol thanks for that. "dip shit" lol nice.

Products Discussed in

To Top