Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   Hawaii (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hawaii/)
-   -   so if i.....help (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/hawaii/265880-so-if-i-help.html)

m0sing808 02-28-2013 06:04 PM

so if i.....help
 
install anything aftermarket i would void extended warranties....what if i took it out before bringing it in?? does that help.... what about aftermarket rims and tires doea that void anything???

650H1 02-28-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0sing808 (Post 6516161)
install anything aftermarket i would void extended warranties....what if i took it out before bringing it in?? does that help.... what about aftermarket rims and tires doea that void anything???

stealership has to prove said aftermarket part caused failure. so technically NO they dont void your warranty, but the dealership will give you a hard time depending on which one you go to.

BuzzardsGottaEat 02-28-2013 06:11 PM

This has been brought up quite a few times. I can't say that I have the "definitive" answer for you but from what I've read in passing, no, wheels and tires won't void your warranty and neither will new shocks or suspension components UNLESS those parts are what caused whatever failure happens to happen.

I'm sure someone else could chime in with more solid facts for you, but that is the sum of what I've read.

CanisLupus 02-28-2013 06:13 PM

I just went in for my 15K service and wanting them to check out a "clunk" I was having.

They asked if I had aftermarket suspension components, and gave me the "Yeah, we can't really do anything with that, because you have voided the suspension part of your warranty."

Matt

IgnorantlyAlberta 02-28-2013 06:13 PM

I believe CAI, throttle body spacer, some exhaust and wheels and tires are OK.
Check with the dealership.

BuzzardsGottaEat 02-28-2013 06:14 PM

They weren't happy about my oil slicks or flame thrower . . . silly dealership

650H1 02-28-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat (Post 6516223)
They weren't happy about my oil slicks or flame thrower . . . silly dealership

yeah, flux capacitor killed it for me :o

luka 02-28-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF (Post 6516215)
I just went in for my 15K service and wanting them to check out a "clunk" I was having.

They asked if I had aftermarket suspension components, and gave me the "Yeah, we can't really do anything with that, because you have voided the suspension part of your warranty."

Matt

even that seems a little skiddish...asking a yes or no question does not prove shit.

m0sing808 02-28-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat (Post 6516205)
This has been brought up quite a few times. I can't say that I have the "definitive" answer for you but from what I've read in passing, no, wheels and tires won't void your warranty and neither will new shocks or suspension components UNLESS those parts are what caused whatever failure happens to happen.

I'm sure someone else could chime in with more solid facts for you, but that is the sum of what I've read.

thanks... nice rims btw!!! aloha

urusai808 03-01-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 650H1 (Post 6516198)
stealership has to prove said aftermarket part caused failure. so technically NO they dont void your warranty, but the dealership will give you a hard time depending on which one you go to.

^ unless the aftermarket part caused the problem, wont void.

1uzrnr 03-05-2013 12:42 PM

There is only one dealership brand here and they will deny anything they can. I went through a huge fiasco with the rear end in my 05 and they wouldn't budge. Even the military lawyers said I had a case, but I had no way of winning because of who they know in the judicial system.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:43 AM.