1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question on replacement antennae

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by spankeh, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Apr 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM
    spankeh

spankeh [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello everyone I am new here and just got my first "taco." Just got a 2013 tacoma this week and noticed that the stock antennae is really long. Anyway I have been researching and found a couple that i really like. the one I really like, I am not sure if it fits (4.7" Inch Toyota TRD Real Carbon Fiber External Short Antenna). Does any one know for sure if it fits? I would really hate to buy it and it doesn't fit at all. Anyway here is the two I am looking at.

4.7" Inch Toyota TRD Real Carbon Fiber External Short Antenna
    http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-TRD-Carbon-External-Antenna/dp/B00A1AX1VE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

and

The Stubby Antenna for Toyota Tacoma (this i am sure it fits)

http://www.amazon.com/The-Stubby-An...qid=1366329258&sr=1-3&keywords=antenna+tacoma

2. Apr 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM
    808leo

808leo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kapolei, Oahu
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 super white dcsb 4wd
    5100 max setting, 285/70/17 ko2, FN 6 shooter, Subaru/kicker tweeters, JBL BassPro sub, nfabs, LED lights exterior/interior.
    If you got tools I used saw (hooked up to air compressor) and chopped mine so it's about 1/4" above the cab that way it's shorter and if it hits in garages then I know to stay away lol! O and then I glue back on the ball tip thing for a stock look and doesn't affect reception at all :D

3. Apr 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM
    jparf

jparf blissfully biased

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    15 Silver Highlander Limited
  4. May 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM
    scorpio382

scorpio382 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D-Man
    Maui Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD off road
    6" BDS Fox lift, Total Caos UCA, Magna Flow exhaust,Westin chrome running boards, E-3 spark plugs,euro rubber antenna,tint,SS Brakes lines, Akebono Brake Pads, Centric Rotors, AFE stage 2 pro dry intake system,JBA Titanium ceramic shorty headers,rain guards,redline EZ down hood & tail gate, Toyota full synthetic oil, any time fog light & rear camera mods, full time 400 watt mod.
    It think its call euro rubber antenna , is about 9 inches long, but its doesn't have the great reception in remote area.

Products Discussed in

To Top