1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For you Supplement Guys

Discussion in 'Health' started by C17Guy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Aug 30, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    Court McGee?

2. Aug 30, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    telliott

telliott Member

Member:
    utah
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab short bed
    sr5, factory rear and arb front locker, 3in. old man emu lift, 285/75/16 goodyear mtrs, front runner rooftop tent brackets w camping lab tent, beefed taco sliders, alpine system, k and n filter, arb compressor,warn reciever winch, debadged, bed linered factory rear bumper
    yes sir. he is a good friend and on our fight team.

3. Aug 30, 2010 at 9:59 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    Cool! any word on who will be his next fight?

4. Aug 30, 2010 at 10:00 PM
    JDMcompliant

JDMcompliant Professional Amateur

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4x4 4.0L V6
    i can attest to this. after working out pretty well for a couple years, i joined a crossfit / mma gym and before that, i THOUGHT i was in good shape. crossfit had me heaving and sweating like no other, feeling like a fatass who just got off a couch. though it probably not sculpt your body into a greek god's, it will get you into physical condition like one. it's a fitness dedicated to function over form. Toucan does this type of training, and i can bet that he's in much better shape than i (i stopped crossfit and went back to routine weights after a few months.)

5. Aug 30, 2010 at 10:05 PM
    telliott

telliott Member

Member:
    utah
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab short bed
    sr5, factory rear and arb front locker, 3in. old man emu lift, 285/75/16 goodyear mtrs, front runner rooftop tent brackets w camping lab tent, beefed taco sliders, alpine system, k and n filter, arb compressor,warn reciever winch, debadged, bed linered factory rear bumper
    Its not for everybody thats for sure, but the site has some really good free info, and we have guys come in that like to take a class every now and then just to mix it up.

6. Aug 30, 2010 at 10:09 PM
    telliott

telliott Member

Member:
    utah
    Vehicle:
    08 double cab short bed

hes fighting on ufc 121 in berbank in about a month and a half on same card as lesnar

7. Sep 3, 2010 at 7:54 AM
    StatutoryAPE

StatutoryAPE Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Phoenix,AZ
    Vehicle:
    2000 Prerunner xtracab
    TRD Headers,CAI, dynomax super turbo, blacked out headlights, Smoked LED tails, Billy 5100 w/OME 881's and 5125's in rear, rear tube bumper, tint 35% front 3 windows & 5% in rear 3. fiberwerx 4.5's
    ive been working out for a couple years now and ive tried the preworkout crap and it did nothing for me. My workout schedule is:
    mon - chest, tris
    tue - back, bis
    wed - rest
    thu - shoulders, traps, abs
    fri - legs
    weekends rest

supps that i currently take are syntha 6/ON gold standard whey, kre-alklyn creatine, glutalyn for recovery, athletic multivitamin, advanced caffeine for preworkout, and ON gold standard casein.

i feel that these have been the best working supps that i have used so far. i will usually take the protein, krealklyn and caffeine an hour before workout to get in my system and be used as fuel throughout my workout. then right after my workout i will take the protein, krealklyn, glutalyn to be absorbed while muscles are still pumped. then before bed take the casein protein.

also throughout the day i will try to eat either chicken or tuna, fruits, veggies and whole grains, and drink a shit load of water.

one of my friends has always told there are only 3 things scientifically proven to build muscle: exercise, protein, and a healthy diet.

8. Oct 4, 2010 at 9:44 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    OP,

Your probably getting ready to head home, but that shouldn't stop you from working out. If you've stuck w/ it for the past four months, you should make it a lifestyle. Everyone's body type is different(I'm sure someone already mentioned).

I don't do my muscles by any particular day of the week. I just go in order: Chest, Back, Tris/Bis, Shoulders, Legs, and Abs every day. Also, cardio 2-3 times a week seperated from lifting. If I lift in the am, cardio is pm and vice versa. As far as supplements go I've done a few here and there.

My current stack is working very favorably along w/ a good diet. No sodas, chips, juices, beer, candy or bar type foods. I drink 1 gal of water at work throughout the day. Currently I'm taking Myogenix Hypershock as a pre-workout, Nutrobolics Aminocell during workout, and Costco's Cystosport Protein or Ultimate Nutritions 100% Whey(depending on what flavor I'm in the mood for) as a post workout and throughout the day, Universal Animal Stack Multi-Vitamins, and Dynamitize 12 Hr Protein right before bed.

So far this has been working w/ amazing results. Not to mention that working at the 2010 Mr. Olympia Expo this year was extra motivation to get ready for next year.

9. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:01 AM
    socal16

socal16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    las vegas nv
    Vehicle:
    08 trd offroad black 4x4!!!
    wheels and tires, k&n cold air intake, limo tint,bhlm,TRD seatcovers, OME lift
    Zac that muscle milk is bad news, they test several top brands of protein and they found dangerous amount of lead,arsenic and cadmium there was a recall on it.

10. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig

It's not the actual muscle milk. But Cytosport's(makers of mm) Whey Protein. Edited my post.

http://www.amazon.com/CytoSport-makers-Muscle-Milk-Chocolate/dp/B003U0FFCU

That sucks, I was consuming massive amounts of Muscle Milk while deployed. Oh well, nothing wrong w/ a little toxins. Probably better than the shit we were breathing in anyway.

Thanks for the heads up.

11. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    bsn syntha 6 protein ftw :p
    the only protein i actually enjoy drinking

12. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    jack3d for prework out ftw! it makes you feel tingly lol

13. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    g35man

g35man Discount Double Check

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    League City, TX
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM DC 4x4 OR
    Icon Stage II lift kit, LR uca's, Weather Tech floor mats, FX-R retrofit, Morimoto factory fit LED fogs, flyzeye designs cup holder lights, wet okole seat covers, upgraded Entune system
    Did not read all replies but remember that recovery also includes resting your muscles. Muscles need recovery in order to grow back bigger and stronger so setting up what days you workout muscles directly is important. One day of rest on a particular muscle isolation workout is the very minimum but several days could net you even bigger gains! Learn how your body reacts to everything you do and or eat. Good Luck!

14. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    jonny

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    jack3d is good stuff. i like the pump. lemon flavor though. grape bubblegum taste like ass :laugh:

but nothing compares to the horrid taste of no shot gun. jesus...tastes like apple cider+vomit. :throwup:

15. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    yeah surprisingly it tastes really good:D

16. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    socal16

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    las vegas nv
    Vehicle:
    Sytha 6 Is delicious but has too much fat for what I was looking and stacked is the best preworkout besides black powder

17. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    JTaco386

JTaco386 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    I like Optimum's Whey and casein protein powders. I take the Whey in between meals and sometimes as a pre-workout. The casein is taken at night about 30 minutes before bed. I started my deployment at 152lbs and now i'm at 165lbs. I eat alot and make sure it's healthy...most of the time ;)
    I'm a hard gainer and have a high metabolism.
    I change my workouts up every month to keep my body from getting used to exercises.

18. Oct 4, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    socal16

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    las vegas nv
    Vehicle:
    What amino acids do you guys take?? I've been working out for about a year straight I was 150 last year in august and now I weigh 191 on a empty stomach

19. Oct 4, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig

Nutrobalics Aminocell during workout. Animal Pak and all my proteins have BCAA's in them as well.

Also, my brother uses XTEND during workout and loves it.

20. Oct 4, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    jonny

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    isn't that to enlarge your... er...uhh
    haha
    jk

Products Discussed in

To Top