1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For you Supplement Guys

Discussion in 'Health' started by C17Guy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Oct 4, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    Zac808

Zac808 Custom User Title

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    Viva Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD DC SB 4x4
    In my sig
    Yeah. It's for building up ONE large muscle only.:cool:

2. Oct 4, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
  3. Oct 4, 2010 at 11:51 AM
    Ombligo

Ombligo Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have not read all the replys but taking the starter as a reference point I have some suggestions. I am an exercise physiologist and have been training Muay Thai for around 12 years. During that time, I have trained BJJ as well (competed MT (4-2), mma for fun). Training wise, a bodybuilding routine will make your muscles grow, but will not translate into more strength or endurance for grappling. You have to train how you compete. Nutrition wise, more protein is just for calories. The excess protein is literally pissed out(which is why the kidneys suffer). If you want to grow in size, I suggest you read up on something called nutrient timing. As for NO, it actually makes you gas out faster because your heart rate goes up (if you are lifting it's fine, if you're rolling dont use it). And the most important time for "shakes" are post workout, but more carbs than protein. Too much protein actually blocks the absorption rate of glucose in the muscle (glycogen) which is what you need to repair and get strength adaptations.

Products Discussed in

To Top