Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Getting a vasectomy

Old 08-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #21
lowcountry is on a distinguished road
Name: Allen
lowcountry's Tacoma Gallery
I had it done a couple months ago, we decided two was enough for us after our twins were born (3-2-10). It was uncomfortable during the procedure but after the shot you won't feel much else. It wont be that bad the rest of that day but don't let that fool you it really kicks in after a couple days, it took me about a month before I felt completely back to normal. Just get that scrip filled and grab a bag of frozen peas and kick back for a few days- small price to pay for never having to worry about birth control or condoms again
Old 08-13-2010, 12:04 PM   #22
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
X4. My girlfriend has already decided that i'll be getting one when the time comes, since she has to go through that whole giving birth thing
haha i wouldnt have my balls manipulated with for a GIRLFRIEND but if you plan on making this woman your wife, then that would be a good decision
Old 08-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #23
Token
Fluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedFluffymonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fluffymonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPain View Post
haha i wouldnt have my balls manipulated with for a GIRLFRIEND but if you plan on making this woman your wife, then that would be a good decision
We've been dating for three years now and she's currently at Baylor med school getting her md, so she's not getting away from me! hahaha. Also she poses in bikinis by my truck (see avatar). Win, win! lol
Old 08-13-2010, 04:28 PM   #24
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
It IS surgery, with anesthesia, the risk of complications, and like it or not, sometimes you can't reverse the procedure.
Anesthesia yes but only local, same kind of numbing shot you get @ the dentist, not regional(epidural) or general (putting you out with gas or meds) those are the forms of anesthesia with the most risks. The risks associated with vasectomy are very low, its a simple outpatient procedure.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #25
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
but you better say something if they try to start before the anesthesia is fully in affect.

the guy who did mine thought enough time had elapsed and proceeded to clamp off the "tubes"......

that is the fastest and only time my entire body burst with sweat, literally was soaked in 2 seconds
Old 08-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #26
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
but you better say something if they try to start before the anesthesia is fully in affect.

the guy who did mine thought enough time had elapsed and proceeded to clamp off the "tubes"......

that is the fastest and only time my entire body burst with sweat, literally was soaked in 2 seconds
Yeeeeeooooowwwwwch! I had my ears pierced with a 12ga needle in a moment of youthful ignorance about 10 years ago, and I had the whole body sweat thing happen. Good gravy I can't imagine having work done on the boys without sufficient deadening.

Guy I work with had it about a year ago, said the pros far outweigh the few days of cons. He was ship shape in no time too, back at work a couple of days later.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #27
cadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of lightcadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of lightcadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of lightcadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of lightcadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ken
cadzilla88's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine done a few years back and it was one of my best decisions. Going from pregnancy worry to nucky freedom. Everything works the same w/o the swimmers. My boys hurt for a few days but my doctor told my girlfriend that my boys needed extra exercise to get rid of any stragglers. A good way to help ease the pain. If you are done having kids or never plan on having any it's the smart thing to do.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #28
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadzilla88 View Post
I had mine done a few years back and it was one of my best decisions. Going from pregnancy worry to nucky freedom. Everything works the same w/o the swimmers. My boys hurt for a few days but my doctor told my girlfriend that my boys needed extra exercise to get rid of any stragglers. A good way to help ease the pain. If you are done having kids or never plan on having any it's the smart thing to do.
Hopefully mine says the same thing, I'm next in line to get this done. 26 and twins and my wife has a 3yr old. Docs better not give me shit, it's not their damn decision. I've heard it's in case you want a boy. Well no I don't care unless the doc wants to pay all expenses incurred lol
Old 08-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #30
wvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud ofwvmountaintop has much to be proud of

Name: Dennis
wvmountaintop's Tacoma Gallery
Just make sure they don't get your paperwork mixed up with the gender reassignment surgery planned for that Saturday...
Old 08-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #31
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Had mine done a few years ago and found a Urolgist that used a procedure with no needles and no stitches.
Sprayed a numbing spray on the sack first followed by a Star Trek like Hypo-spray that numbed the important parts and only felt like a little rubberband snap and no pain.
Did the job through one little puncture like hole and required no stitches just a band-aid.
Sat the weekend with Ice-packs and did nothing.
Back to normal with very little discomfort by Monday except I could not ride my bicycle for 3 weeks and had no desire to either.
Fun part is getting to the required amount of ejaculations so you can take in a sample for testing.
I was 53 at time and my wife had been on the pill way too long due to my bullheadedness and it took her getting breast cancer and going off the pill to open my eyes.
Wish I had done it years before.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #32
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
getting mine done shortly as welll. just had our second and that's enough
Old 08-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #33
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spp View Post
Did the job through one little puncture like hole and required no stitches just a band-aid.
That's the way mine was done. Nice not having any stitches. Another option is to fill a cooler with ice & beer. Put a cold one between your legs and drink another. When the one becomes warm & the other empty, switch them both out with cold ones.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:36 AM   #34
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
i like your thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurley View Post
That's the way mine was done. Nice not having any stitches. Another option is to fill a cooler with ice & beer. Put a cold one between your legs and drink another. When the one becomes warm & the other empty, switch them both out with cold ones.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:11 AM   #35
TimS is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
TimS's Tacoma Gallery
Just remember, it is not 100% effective. Somewhere in the 90's. My cousin had it done and a few years later, his wife was pregnant. He blamed it on to being to powerful. I also had a friend who had the samething happen. He was nervous because he thought his wife had cheeted on him. Was'nt the case however.

Hope all goes well.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:56 AM   #37
Taco.Tim is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
Taco.Tim's Tacoma Gallery
Had it done 22 years ago. We had two, and wife declared no more kids. Sore for a bit, and the best part is no more raincoats.

Tim Glover
Old 08-14-2010, 05:25 PM   #38
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurley View Post
I used the Margarita glass method.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #39
rdcar is on a distinguished road
rdcar's Tacoma Gallery
You know you have to relieve yourself for 6 weeks to make sure all those puppies are gone and come back for another count.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #40
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Would love to get one done, but docs won't touch guys my age without kids.