Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Getting a vasectomy

Old 08-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #41
cadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of lightcadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of lightcadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of lightcadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of lightcadzilla88 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ken
cadzilla88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcar View Post
You know you have to relieve yourself for 6 weeks to make sure all those puppies are gone and come back for another count.
So I had mine done and I go back a week or so later. Nurse asks, "may I help you"? So I say I'm back to give a sample. She says I was supposed to bring it with me. So I say "since I'm here do you have a room I can use, It won't take very long". She blushes and says, no, I have to do that elsewhere and bring It back in a sample jar.

Next day I'm back with sample jar in paperbag. I go to front desk (waiting room full of people). I say I'm here to drop off sample. Gal asks my name, so I tell her. She then says "What is it"? I hold up bag and say "Semen". She says "No, Your name".
Old 08-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #42
dhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the sheddhurley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 20 years: Field Artillery, Communications & Range NCO
Name: Doug
dhurley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
Just remember, it is not 100% effective. Somewhere in the 90's. My cousin had it done and a few years later, his wife was pregnant. He blamed it on to being to powerful. I also had a friend who had the samething happen. He was nervous because he thought his wife had cheeted on him. Was'nt the case however.

Hope all goes well.
Ends of the tubes cauterized, clamped and a section removed so the ends won't reach each other to reconnect. Mine was done about 11 years ago and no new ones.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #43
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadzilla88 View Post
So I had mine done and I go back a week or so later. Nurse asks, "may I help you"? So I say I'm back to give a sample. She says I was supposed to bring it with me. So I say "since I'm here do you have a room I can use, It won't take very long". She blushes and says, no, I have to do that elsewhere and bring It back in a sample jar.

Next day I'm back with sample jar in paperbag. I go to front desk (waiting room full of people). I say I'm here to drop off sample. Gal asks my name, so I tell her. She then says "What is it"? I hold up bag and say "Semen". She says "No, Your name".
My god, that's great. You can't make comedy like that up.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #44
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
My god, that's great. You can't make comedy like that up.
Shortly after mine was done a bunch of us were sitting around the pool when one buddy said when he was asked whether there was any noticable difference now that he had it done.
He said he always replies " TASTE".
We had been drinking lots of Margaritas and it seemed funny to me at the time.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:06 AM   #45
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TioTaco View Post
OUCH!!! I had mine done about . . well lets just say a LONG time ago. Had the appointment at 8 PM, was back at it HARD at 3PM . . . . about five and a half mos LATER!! Those things swelled up BIG and hung WAY WAY down and then turn red and blue and PURPLE, kinda pretty some of the colors it turned but OH MY GAWD DID IT HURT LIKE A MOFO!!!!!!
If you had it done a LONG time ago it probably was pretty bad hardly the same procedure now just a very small opening not nearly as invasive as in the past. No need to scare the young guys, it's really not bad at all.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:11 AM   #46
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS View Post
Just remember, it is not 100% effective. Somewhere in the 90's. My cousin had it done and a few years later, his wife was pregnant. He blamed it on to being to powerful. I also had a friend who had the samething happen. He was nervous because he thought his wife had cheeted on him. Was'nt the case however.

Hope all goes well.
They can grow back togeather but very rare, usually if it didn't work it's because the urologist didn't cut the right thing to begin with, which shouldn't happen since they remove a small portion of the tube for analysis post procedure .
Old 08-26-2010, 05:13 AM   #47
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
thanks for the replies, horror stories and all, going under the knife on saturday. at least its looking like a nice weekend weather wise and plenty of football on saturday.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:25 AM   #48
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Jester, I had mine done 1 year ago. It really wasn't that big of a deal and I don't like dr's or dentists. The procedure only took about 45 minutes (some of that time was waiting for the anesthesia to numb the area) and I was on my way. My wife drove me home and I was a little weak in the knees that night but I had a script for percoset if I needed it. You need to do nothing foe 2-3 day's but sit on the couch and relax. I did encounter the swelling but I think it was a result of my daughter jumping on my lap OUCH! After 3 day's I was back to normal and no pain at all. It does take about 20-30 ejaculations to get your sperm count to zero, which wasn't a bad thing! lol. I had to bring in 2 samples to the lab and in 5 weeks, I had a zero sperm count! Yippee, the result is great, we have 2 kids, a boy and a girl and we were done. It will suck for a few days but well worth it inmo. Hope this helps. Good luck bro
Old 08-26-2010, 05:44 AM   #49
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

your report seems to be the consensus of what I have heard and read. we have 2 boys, 1 is 2yo on tuesday the other is 5months. tough part will be not helping the wife with them for a few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toojayz View Post
Jester, I had mine done 1 year ago. It really wasn't that big of a deal and I don't like dr's or dentists. The procedure only took about 45 minutes (some of that time was waiting for the anesthesia to numb the area) and I was on my way. My wife drove me home and I was a little weak in the knees that night but I had a script for percoset if I needed it. You need to do nothing foe 2-3 day's but sit on the couch and relax. I did encounter the swelling but I think it was a result of my daughter jumping on my lap OUCH! After 3 day's I was back to normal and no pain at all. It does take about 20-30 ejaculations to get your sperm count to zero, which wasn't a bad thing! lol. I had to bring in 2 samples to the lab and in 5 weeks, I had a zero sperm count! Yippee, the result is great, we have 2 kids, a boy and a girl and we were done. It will suck for a few days but well worth it inmo. Hope this helps. Good luck bro
Old 08-26-2010, 05:53 AM   #50
Oldewing
Oldewing's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine years ago, Keep you feet up for the first day, and all is good

Old 08-26-2010, 06:11 AM   #51
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toojayz View Post
You've pretty much heard it all now. Make sure you have nothing planned for a couple of days besides couch potatoing. Use ice at least for the first day, all day, even if you don't feel too bad. Procedure is not bad, discomfort only, very little pain in my case. The discomfort was like when you see someone take a shot to the nards and you have simpathy nard pain for them. Mine lasted into that night, then was done.

I did make the mistake of going to a party for a friend's kid that Sat. After a full day of messing around and tracking kids, I felt it that night. Other than that, pretty uneventful. Certainly no real pain, no swelling, no blue balls, etc. for me.

They gave me scripts for all kinds of drugs, for before: muscle relaxers, antibiotics, pain med; for after: antibiotics and pain meds. Only thing I ever took were the antibiotics. When I went in, they asked if I took all my meds, told them only the antibiotics. They asked why, I told them I know what your going to do, how your going to do it (Internet is a great thing), and what I should expect, so I am already relaxed and I don't feel any pain yet. Never did need any of the pain meds.

Oh yea, if you are a brief man, don't plan on wearing them for a few days afterward. Part of my "party pain" was due to wearing my undies that day and it was too soon!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 AM   #52
mxpilot has a spectacular aura aboutmxpilot has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
mxpilot's Tacoma Gallery
What he said.

I let a Dr. talk me out of it after child #2, which of course led to child #3. best move I ever made, and that was 20 years ago.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #53

not a brief guy, and probably airing them out in some nice roomy gym shorts.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #54
Lurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shedLurkin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lurkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester156 View Post
not a brief guy, and probably airing them out in some nice roomy gym shorts.
Sounds like you're set. The only other thing that helped me was searching around the Internet for descriptions of the procedure. Found one site put together by someone in England. Had pictures and great commentary. For me it helped to understand the procedure and steps, then I could just lay back and follow it thru.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #55
hookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shedhookedontronics is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
hookedontronics's Tacoma Gallery
My father had his done, and it didn't seems like he was really outa comission besides the first day. He said it was sore but he was still doing everything he usually does. This was probably 10 years ago, i imagine it's gotten better with modern medicine advancing so quickly
Old 08-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #56
I think therefore I'm a Democrat
Richman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Richman21's Tacoma Gallery
I had the no scaple no needle procedure about three years ago. Cake walk... Just take it easy for a couple of days, no heavy lifting and make sure you go back to get your zero count. My dotor told me the failure rate for surgries that come back with a zero count is like, 0.004%. Oh and get two bags of peas, while one is in use the other is in the freezer, then you can switch out the bag when the first one is thawed.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #57
What could go wrong?
Biff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to allBiff is a name known to all

Biff's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine done a couple of years ago as well. Basically some fondling a puff of smoke and you are done.

My advice, learn from my experience - make sure you take a couple of days off and rest on the couch. I decided that because i have a office job that i was good enough to go back to work the next day. You know, what do you do but sit in the chair all day - right. Let me just say that i should have stayed at home on the couch, because i was in pain for about a week.

Don't be a tough guy - relax.

.....and although it does sound funny - the bag of peas works best. They seem to mold around your junk. I have those re-freezable packs as well and they didn't work as good.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #58

if I use peas, I am going to have a fight with my son, he loves to eat frozen peas, our freezer makes crushed ice so i will go that route, it works good in a storage bag, at least it did on my knees after volleyball.
i used to work with a guy who had it done and he was back in the office to sit on his chair also, I think he felt the same discomfort from rushing back to sit.
can't wait to catch up on my morning garbage shows and afternoon soaps...
wheres my beer?
Old 08-28-2010, 03:55 AM   #59

and away we go...
Old 08-28-2010, 04:02 AM   #60
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
i had one........no big deal.......some slight discomfort and bruising for a cpl days after bu thats it........i think i was worse droppin off the sample of jizz afterward so the could check it for sperm.......lol