Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Getting a vasectomy

Old 08-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #82
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester156 View Post
so today I called the urologist to set up a consultation for a vasectomy. the wife and I have decided 2 is enough, she does not want to go on birth control and I will now do my part.
Come to find out, its scheduled in 2 weeks with consultation and procedure in the same visit. The office is sending me a packet of info.
Just wondering what I can expect as far as recovery from any TW members who have had the procedure.

jokes welcomed, its easy to joke about what scare you then actually say your feelings...sometimes
Recovery is easy. Nut-in to it.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #83
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Recreational sex would be MUCH more enjoyable minus the Trojans...
That's the beauty of it. You will be in permanent 'Fire and Forget' mode. Pow pow, pow pow pow!

They did give me a little bit of questioning since I only have I kid, but I'm over 40 years old so they were just making sure.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #84
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
If you had it done a LONG time ago it probably was pretty bad hardly the same procedure now just a very small opening not nearly as invasive as in the past. No need to scare the young guys, it's really not bad at all.

I didn't even feel mine. Numbing shot wasn't a traditional needed so it felt like a small rubber band snapping - not bad at all. After that I could feel a little bit of tugging but less than 10 mins later I'm walking out of the clinic.

Afterwards no pain at all. Just took it easy for a few days but never noticed it. I moved slowly just out of fear and respect.

We have a guy here would does the no scalpel procedure. He's done so many they call him Dr. Snip. He told me he's done over 10,000 procedures since 1979. Very few complications and almost all were attributed to the patient overexerting. One guy even caused a testicular hematoma by going and chopping wood after his procedure.

In summary - it's painless, quick recovery for a lifetime of carefree eruptions. I wish this procedure was easily reversible and I had it back in my 20's.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcountry View Post
Just get that scrip filled and grab a bag of frozen peas and kick back for a few days- small price to pay for never having to worry about birth control or condoms again

Hell, OP. You might even find that a bag of frozen peas is great on any hot day.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #86
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You guys all realize this was posted 3 years ago right? I'm sure OP is fully recovered by now

I had hydrocele surgery when I was 2 or 3 and my dad (quite brilliantly thinking back on it now) had a vasectomy at the same time. He told me we were having the same surgery since he was recovering at the same time I was and it was the same "region" that was operated on. It killed 2 birds with one stone, as it put me at ease knowing dad was doing the same thing and he didn't have to explain to me what he actually did. Cheeky bastard My parents didn't come clean about it till a couple years ago